• CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Not going there...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    CJDaniel7 wrote: »
    I am not a vegetarian nor vegan. I EAT MEAT. Still the thought of humans being the only animal that drinks milk from another animal sounds yuckky. Yes, I still eat cheese, on occasion, it just sounds yuccky. Would you suck the milk out of a cows "Teat"?

When I think about it, I find the idea of taking a living animal, killing it, tearing it open, pulling out it's guts, slicing its bleeding flesh from its bones and then cooking that flesh far more unappealing than a product that neither kills the animal and is meant to be consumed as is.

I still love meat and milk. Heck, I even enjoy almond milk from time to time but I'm always surprised that the act of drinking milk can be considered more grotesque than eating animal flesh.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian nor vegan. I EAT MEAT. Still the thought of humans being the only animal that drinks milk from another animal sounds yuckky. Yes, I still eat cheese, on occasion, it just sounds yuccky. Would you suck the milk out of a cows "Teat"?

out of curiosity, do you make all of your decisions on the basis of what other animals do? do you wear clothes to work or do you choose to wear the same thing a horse would when it's plowing the fields? do you catch your meat with your bare hands, rip it's flesh open with your exposed teeth, then proceed to eat it's entrails raw? did you name your children or do you just identify them by smell?
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Why does one have to drink milk out of a cows teat in order to like it?

I love my raw milk. Heck, if I hit the farm just right the gallon I get is the new batch straight from the cow! Nothing better (or more fresh) than that.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    I just licked my phone. One of the perks of a good immune system.

That being said, full-fat milk tastes like grease-flavoured water and skim milk tastes like water-flavoured water...

I got sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings on the screen of my phone the other day. I totally licked it off. I'm still alive. I've also eaten a shameful amount of ricotta today. Also fairly sure I will still be alive tomorrow and not on my death bed.
  • brower47
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    brower47 wrote: »
    lvillani81 wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand how milk doesn't gross human beings out. The stuff is packed with bacteria, puss, fecal matter, pesticides and IGF-1 which causes cancer. Plus, cow's milk is naturally intended to turn a small calf into a 1,000 lb cow!

agreed

"The hype for store-bought almond milk from people who are otherwise all about "natural and unprocessed" is always the weirdest."

agreed, that is why I make my own. Taste better, less junk it it, and not processed.

How do you get the "milk" out of almonds without processing it?

Processed food in these contexts, to most educated people, = commercially manufactured, processed and packaged. Not put in a blender.

so it's the packaging that makes it so unhealthy?

It's all the machines it goes through, additives that are added, the packaging (BPA is still legal in US), and its in every can US produces) and hands that touch it.

Do you grow your own almonds so that only your hands touch it and so that they never touch any packaging?

• rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I read an article in Dr. Oz mag that cashew milk has the least calories, sugar and fat and most protein of all those types of milks...but I'm having a hard time finding it.
  • DavPul
    Options
    rach021979 wrote: »
    I read an article in Dr. Oz mag that cashew milk has the least calories, sugar and fat and most protein of all those types of milks...but I'm having a hard time finding it.

prolly cuz it's terrible and nobody wants to buy it
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Save yourself the hassle. Dr. Oz ranks lower than cow crap here.
  • CJDaniel7
    Options
    I have never tried that, sounds interesting. I have made it into something, I can't remember, I think yogurt.
  • DavPul
    Options
    I honestly don't understand how milk doesn't gross human beings out. The stuff is packed with bacteria, puss, fecal matter, pesticides and IGF-1 which causes cancer. Plus, cow's milk is naturally intended to turn a small calf into a 1,000 lb cow!

agreed

"The hype for store-bought almond milk from people who are otherwise all about "natural and unprocessed" is always the weirdest."

agreed, that is why I make my own. Taste better, less junk it it, and not processed.

Processed food in these contexts, to most educated people, = commercially manufactured, processed and packaged. Not put in a blender.

It's all the machines it goes through, additives that are added, the packaging (BPA is still legal in US), and its in every can US produces) and hands that touch it.

Do you grow your own almonds so that only your hands touch it and so that they never touch any packaging?

i don't understand this "touching of hands". do you not realize that humans are the only species that handles it's food with it's hands? how does that not disgust you? right now, bring your hand to your face and i dare you to lick it. I DARE YOU! What, you did it? You licked your hand? with your own tongue?

you're already dead
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Clearly the MFP gods have smiled upon us this day because now its time for 'Cashew Milk'
  • CJDaniel7
    Options

The forums here are great, you just have to cut through the lard, don't get discouraged my the hostile angry Sideliners.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

agreed

i don't understand this "touching of hands". do you not realize that humans are the only species that handles it's food with it's hands? how does that not disgust you? right now, bring your hand to your face and i dare you to lick it. I DARE YOU! What, you did it? You licked your hand? with your own tongue?

you're already dead

Considering some of the places some humans gleefully put their tongues you'd think worry about people's hands (in a facility where I'd hope handwashing and proper protective gear are stressed) or cow pus would be fairly low.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I can't even.

Do you eat yogurt?
    Chalk full of bacteria?

Touch railings anywhere out side your home? Chalk full of all sorts of bodily fluids-

You're phone- that you put up close and personal to your face? dirtier than a toilet seat!

Milk is fine- it's almost a complete food coupled with cereal. Delicious.

I can't even.

Do you eat yogurt?
    Chalk full of bacteria?

Touch railings anywhere out side your home? Chalk full of all sorts of bodily fluids-

You're phone- that you put up close and personal to your face? dirtier than a toilet seat!

Um, no. I don't eat yogurt, or cheese or anything else from milk. Yeah I put my dirty phone on my face, but I don't ingest my phone. I dare you to just lick you phone. You won't do, and neither would I. Milk is not fine.

I just licked my phone.
  • brower47
    Options

agreed

you're already dead

flfb4pbh23nc.jpg

I'm not dead yet but I'm pretty sure I'm dying.
  • DavPul
    Options

I can't even.

Do you eat yogurt?
    Chalk full of bacteria?

I can't even.

Do you eat yogurt?
    Chalk full of bacteria?

Um, no. I don't eat yogurt, or cheese or anything else from milk. Yeah I put my dirty phone on my face, but I don't ingest my phone. I dare you to just lick you phone. You won't do, and neither would I. Milk is not fine.

I just licked my phone.

tumblr_lma7wkgngB1qii6tmo1_500.gif
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options

agreed

Do almonds not have nipples?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's almond milk blows all the others away. I doubted this when I first read all the rave reviews, but then I tried it myself, and I will now never go back to Blue Diamond or Silk.
  • brower47
    Options

The forums here are great, you just have to cut through the lard, don't get discouraged by the well intentioned but often incorrect Sideliners.

I agree with the above statement.