Anyone eat over 2000 calories?

Options
slaite1
slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
Anyone eat more than 12-1600 calories a day??? I eat 2050 when I want to lose, I'll eventually get down to 1750(if I want to be super lean) but I consider that super low. I'm active, but have always eaten this way. 5'7" up to 150 lbs (comfortable weight of 135-140). I could definitely use some friends in my calorie range

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Net or gross? I net 1700.
  • slaite1
    Options
    Either really. I don't track my exercise calories, I just stick to a range despite that days activity level. Even if someone is earning back the calories through exercise, id love to see some diaries of people that eat as much as I do
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I used to... But that was when I wasn't trying to lose weight. And I was a lot more active. And I was lifting weights. Now that I have a lame desk job my calorie goal being sedentary is 1400. If I exercise I add the calories back in.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I'm eating ~2200 right now, gross (total). I am, however, taking a break from weighing myself, so I'm eating at a potential small deficit. I'll be surprised if I've lost even 2lbs by the time I weigh myself at the end of Feb lol. Was previously grossing 2000 to lose but I just wasn't happy. May return to a lower number like that in a few months but I am more determined to improve my lifts and feel full.
  • ashmarie1083
    ashmarie1083 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2000 a day. I have a pedometer on my phone that syncs with the MFP app
  • slaite1
    Options
    Ana, that's pretty much where I'm coming from. But I have been over eating for a while and have gained about ten pounds. 2050 is a deficit for me. Any lower and I am grumpy and suck in the gym!
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My plan is down to 1340 as of yesterday. However, about once a week I splurge and eat 2,000 to 2,500. I get back to reasonable and I've still lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    Ana, that's pretty much where I'm coming from. But I have been over eating for a while and have gained about ten pounds. 2050 is a deficit for me. Any lower and I am grumpy and suck in the gym!

Yeah, I don't think I'll be going below 2000-2050 myself in the near future when I do get back on a more noticeable deficit! 2200 is still as light deficit for me though. I was also sucking in the gym, but that was also due to poor sleep. More food helps so muich though. I'd rather lose slowly than suck at the gym and be hungry or grumpy!
  • mike_bold
    mike_bold Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i'm eating TDEE - 20%, which is around 2500 cals a day.
  • slaite1
    Options
    I'm considering dropping to 1900 with a weekly cheat meal, (weekly total =2050 average) but I'm just so hungry!
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I always eat 2000 plus often alot more!!
  • slaite1
    Options
    This is refreshing, thanks guys. Everybody is different of course but I don't understand why so many people in here are eating so little
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm at 2100 in average right now... just trying to lose a couple more pounds.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is refreshing, thanks guys. Everybody is different of course but I don't understand why so many people in here are eating so little

Weight, height, gender, age, activity level, desired rate of weight loss/gain/maintenance, distance from goal weight, strictness of adherence to tracking all play a factor.

A lot of people talk about their *net* consumption (calories eaten minus calories burned through exercise) instead of total.

Nobody is any better or worse than anyone else for choosing a higher or lower calorie target if it gets them where they want to be in a happy and healthy way.
  • slaite1
    Options
    I wasn't judging, just observing :-)
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm around 1850 right now. Some days I push it closer to 2000
  • rocknrollfire
    rocknrollfire Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    as i work on my feet 5 days a week, i need to eat closer to 2000 to be happy and comfortable. more if it's a workout day. any less and i'm basically awful to be around.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    On gym days I gross around 2400-2500.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    2700 crew checking in. Being a fat kid, then a skinny kid, then a jacked kid pays off in the delicious, delicious dividends.
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Either really. I don't track my exercise calories, I just stick to a range despite that days activity level. Even if someone is earning back the calories through exercise, id love to see some diaries of people that eat as much as I do

Are you still losing weight? I thought about not counting mine but I do heavy cardio and get hungry.