Soft Drink/ Pop/ Soda whatever you call it.

Options
1235»

Replies

• leahannhorton
    leahannhorton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My two cents are that you should eat foods that naturally occur. TOTALLY MY OPINION, but the best foods for you are the ones mother nature readily gives. If I ever have a soda, diet or not, I always feel bloated afterwards. If you are looking for something fizzy, I'd go for some kombucha. Love the probiotics and how they aren't typically overly sweet.
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You'll read plenty of articles on here about how you can lose weight drinking all the soda products you want. And you can. But the biggest problem with soda isn't so much the sugar as it is the acid it puts in your body and the danger for kidney stones and osteoporosis later in life. Your body has to pull calcium from your bones to counteract the acid in sodas. On an acid-alkaline scale, sodas are right next to battery acid. I just couldn't drink them anymore after reading that.
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love La Croix water. It's carbonated water and is sugar-free, sodium-free, and doesn't have any added artificial sweeteners. I've never been a soda drinker, but I can say that they definitely don't taste like soda, but still have all the fizz of soda.

This fizzy drink is great.
    I'm a little unsure as to why there is encouragement to drink something so unnatural. Some chemical corn that our bodies have no idea what to do with.
  • daniel_hp
    Options
    @Topic
    Just drink water and tea, thats pretty easy.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I love La Croix water. It's carbonated water and is sugar-free, sodium-free, and doesn't have any added artificial sweeteners. I've never been a soda drinker, but I can say that they definitely don't taste like soda, but still have all the fizz of soda.

This fizzy drink is great.
    I'm a little unsure as to why there is encouragement to drink something so unnatural. Some chemical corn that our bodies have no idea what to do with.

What exactly do you mean by ' that our bodies have no idea what to do with'?
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I drink at least a gallon of diet soda per day. It has made no difference either way.
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    lchadwick3 wrote: »
    You'll read plenty of articles on here about how you can lose weight drinking all the soda products you want. And you can. But the biggest problem with soda isn't so much the sugar as it is the acid it puts in your body and the danger for kidney stones and osteoporosis later in life. Your body has to pull calcium from your bones to counteract the acid in sodas. On an acid-alkaline scale, sodas are right next to battery acid. I just couldn't drink them anymore after reading that.

Do you eat fruit?
  • kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking pop (Coke) at home a year ago when I started MFP, but I totally still get it when I go out to eat. It's the best from the fountain and I don't feel guilty when it's just a couple a week. I've lost about 35lbs.
  • rhiannon_dale
    rhiannon_dale Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    La Croix waters!!