Anyone using anything to help lose weight, shakes, teas, caffeine, ect?

Options
124»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    bgorum wrote: »
    See I think what we have here is simply a question of perception. One person says they drink a protein shake, not to lose weight but to make sure they get enough protein by the end of the day. I say I drink a protein shake to lose weight. Part of me losing weight is making sure I get the protein and vital nutrients I need to avert cravings and reach my protein goals by the end of the day. I don't get the bias. Is it JUST because I say weight loss and you say protein?

There are a lot of shakes (like Slimfast) that are advertised in a way that makes it seem like if you drink their shakes, you will lose more weight than if you just ate the same amount of calories. So when someone tells me they drink shakes to lose weight, I assume that's what they mean. That some special ingredient in the shake, or some mystical benefit of liquification of nutrients, makes their body drop weight. So yes, honestly it is the way you said it. If drinking your shake in the morning fills you up or satisfies your sweet tooth for the rest of the day, that's awesome! For some people, drinking their calories in the AM actually makes them crave more food during the day, they need to chew food to feel satisfied.

To the OP, everyone is different, different foods and different macros are satiating to different people. When push comes to shove, no "product" is necessary to lose weight. I'd bet the benefit most people get from supplements or pre-mixed drinks is psychological. Better to lose it without all that than to feel like you "need" a specific product to lose weight. 'Cause you don't :) Good luck!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Aha! I knew it! Slim Fast . . . Pft. Most of the shakes out there today are just protein shakes with varying macros of nutrients. Many use protein shakes, but some are aiming for weight loss and some are working towards more muscle mass, maintenance, or weight gain. If you choose not to drink a protein shake as part of your plan or if weight loss is not one of your goals, great. But not all shakes are created equal, and not all people are fad dieters because they choose to drink a protein shake as part of their weight loss plan.
  • estud003
    estud003 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    tlarabee wrote: »
    I've been reading all these post, wow, calories in calories out and you will lose, eat healthy, don't bother with pills, everyone has a way of doing weight loss. which is right, which is wrong. Only you can tell for yourself. I have been eating what I want, and by this website way below my normal 1200 calories a day, I have been going to the gym since the first of Jan at least 3 times a week, doing anywhere from 30-60 min of cardio, and then some (not over the top) weights. So I have a big calorie deficit . I will be 100% honest, in the month of Jan I have lost 2lbs, but what I have noticed and a lot of my friends is that I'm toning up. I don't want to be a body builder I just want to look good and feel good. Figured in time the weight will slowly start to fall off and get caught up to all the toning I'm doing. I can't say not to bother with something that helps give you energy, or curves your appetite because I do use something that helps me control my snacking. I wish you the best of luck, follow your heart and your gut and do what you think is best for you.

Sorry I'm not sure I understood this right, are you eating 1200 calories a day?
  • estud003
    estud003 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    bgorum wrote: »
    Odly enough the weightloss shakes seem to have a lot more crap in them that is detrimental to weight loss.

Not that odd...if they actually led to weight loss who would keep buying them!?! ;)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to help me lose weight. Works great and it's free.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yes, different opinions and different terminology . . . . Different, not necessarily better or worse. And without analyzing everyone's shake of choice one by one, it's impossible to honestly assess and pass judgment on any shake drinker. And I see you still insist on making a difference between protein shake use and protein/supplement "weight loss" shake use as part of a weight loss plan. Whatever.
  • Theleminator
    Theleminator Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I know we are all about health and healthy, but I just wanted to know if anyone has used anything to help them lose the weight or gain muscle, for example from Lindberg Nutrition, shakes, teas, even caffeine. I'll go first, when I originally lost 65lbs to begin with I was using the help of Alli and a fat burner you can buy from target, however I am starting over. Anyone have any good tips. Thanks
    uqhl1n3gioud.jpg

This are my breakfast and lunch, just about every day.
    The fruit, protein and flaxseed I do them on a smoothie.
    The other ones I juiced them up.

wn51wyo3s8vi.jpg
    el3h8bg6mcpnk.jpg

• ohmijord
    ohmijord Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea now that I have started. I'm down 18lbs in about 2 months so I'm doing pretty well.
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I know we are all about health and healthy, but I just wanted to know if anyone has used anything to help them lose the weight or gain muscle, for example from Lindberg Nutrition, shakes, teas, even caffeine. I'll go first, when I originally lost 65lbs to begin with I was using the help of Alli and a fat burner you can buy from target, however I am starting over. Anyone have any good tips. Thanks
    uqhl1n3gioud.jpg

This are my breakfast and lunch, just about every day.
    The fruit, protein and flaxseed I do them on a smoothie.
    The other ones I juiced them up.

wn51wyo3s8vi.jpg
    el3h8bg6mcpnk.jpg

looks amazingly delicious
  • FedGirlUSA
    FedGirlUSA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I remember the commercials about Alli OTC, a lot of people were excited because it used to be a prescription; I had a coworker who took Alli, but she said it caused her a lot of "bathroom" issues.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!