What are the foods you refuse to compromise on?

Options

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    There is nothing I will buy that makes any of these claims. I'll just eat meat and/or fresh fruit and veg. If I decide to have something else, it's going to be the best tasting thing I can afford, not some neutered, bland excuse for food.

I do have to admit, those Skinny Cow caramel squares are good. However, I hate Nestle, so I won't buy them anyway. 365 Whole Foods chocolate, however, well I just have to stay out of that aisle!
  • tamelamcmurray
    tamelamcmurray Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bagels, salad dressings, and mayonnaise.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    butter
    cheese
    steak
    brownies
    cake
    buttercream frosting

in one dish? recipe plz.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Butter and cheese. I would rather go without than have a low fat or cal version of either one of these.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Cheese. If I have to have margarine instead of butter, that doesn't faze me.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I don't compromise on any foods that I eat. And I certainly don't drink crappy beer.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    The only diet thing I consume is diet soda. The rest is "real".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    anything dairy, i can go to maybe 2% but skim or low fan.... no thanks.
    Also mayo, id much rather have a little helmans full fat than any other mayo substitute
  • girlchemist1
    girlchemist1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    low fat cream cheese = smells and tastes like glue

give me bacon and full fat butter, mayo, and cream cheese, please.
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    low fat cream cheese = smells and tastes like glue

I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong with the smell/taste but that's it, mystery solved.
    definitely won't compromise on reduced/low fat versions of any dairy of any kind, or bacon. i also still like to use full fat ground beef for burgers, as i find them dry otherwise (a bit of real butter in the middle helps too!)but i will use lean ground beef for putting into tacos, chili etc since the seasonings add back in the missing flavour.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Potato chips for me. Baked chips taste like crap. Give me my regular UTZ.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Half and half in my one cup of coffee a day. I gave up the sugar in it, but will not give up the cream. I mean have you ever tasted fat free half and half?!? There should not even BE such a thing!
  • kiragami
    kiragami Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Pizza, cheese and beer, there is no way I am trying to substitute that! :smiley:
    They go into my moderation pile.^^
  • ibprettyle
    ibprettyle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pork Bacon, nothing can take its place.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Pasta. I don't eat it often but when I do I want the plain ol' normal kind, not other grains or vegetables parading around as pasta. I love veggies but they're not spaghetti and no amount of spiralling or grating will change that for me.

And bacon. Because bacon makes everything better. Seriously.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    pistachios no fat pistachios yes no
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I do not purchase any 'diet' foods. For me, the decision to eat only regular food within reason and balance has worked to be nearing the half-way mark to my goal.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I refuse to touch anything diet, low fat, fat free or sugar free. They usually mean chemical *kitten* storm. I'll either just go without or enjoy it in smaller quanties.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Half and half in my one cup of coffee a day. I gave up the sugar in it, but will not give up the cream. I mean have you ever tasted fat free half and half?!? There should not even BE such a thing!

Yaasssss. Fat free half & half is super gross.
  • getfitrenee22
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I refuse to touch anything diet, low fat, fat free or sugar free. They usually mean chemical *kitten* storm. I'll either just go without or enjoy it in smaller quanties.

AGREED!!!!!! plus the taste is not nearly as satisifying....i'd rather workout an extra 10-15min over a diet or sugar/fat free anything...