Paleo Diet

Options
15678911»

Replies

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I really need to come up with a fad diet so I, too, can make my millions.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Granted, Paleo is a lot of guesswork, cherry picking, and maybe some straight up hooey, but as a trend, I think it will end better than the low fat cookie craze.

Their not-really-in-the-spirit-of-it-but-technically-compliant treats definitely seem to be much tastier, IMO, and same with the packaged products I've tried (and some of those are quite reasonable from a macro or nutrient perspective independent even if one has no problem at all with grains, etc.). So I have to agree.

But talk about setting a low bar!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Granted, Paleo is a lot of guesswork, cherry picking, and maybe some straight up hooey, but as a trend, I think it will end better than the low fat cookie craze.

Ok, last part is true almost by default! ;)

Heh. You and lemurcat are right. I did set the bar awfully low to praise Paleo, didn't I?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »
    Here is a good get started guide to creating fad diets
    http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/how-to-create-a-fad-diet/
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 'beer' diet.
    You must drink beer with every meal. It fills you up so you're not hungry.
    I, and many, many followers have lost tons of weight on this diet.

The secret is the 'hops'. The hops are what provide the fat-burning fuel to your metabolism.

Send me your credit information, and you will be the first to receive my up-and-coming book!
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh well that's me out of here. I will leave you all to work out your new money making enterprises. For me that is not what Paleo is about and the last page has been a lot of childish nonsense which I can't relate to in any way as it is certainly not my lifestyle. My only expenditures have been for some wonderful cookbooks and my return over the years has been good health. Information on healthy nutrition is free.

I had afternoon tea with a friend of mine who has been in the weight industry for 15 years as a Weight Watcher's instructor and as a Jenny Craig consultant and I ask her what has she learnt to be the number one secret to weight loss.
    Her reply was "stop shovelling sh*# into your mouth and move."

So there you have it!! :D
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    missh1967 wrote: »
    Here is a good get started guide to creating fad diets
    http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/how-to-create-a-fad-diet/

Ha. Nice!