Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Naley2322 wrote: »
    the "paleo" diet is anthropologically incorrect anyways

^
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Any diet that says I shouldn't eat half my dietary staples would never work for me. If this worked for you, then I think that's wonderful. Honestly I can't take any diet that says beans are bad seriously. There is just too much evidence to the contrary.
  • kimhere
    kimhere Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The way I eat is similar to paleo and I didn't start eating that way to lose weight. I changed for my general health and lost weight as a bonus. My body does not agree with grains or dairy at all! So I use a lot of paleo cookbooks. I think you find what works for your health and go with it :) people on here judge others way too much! If they are not taking your food away from you then let people eat what they want.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    also, I eat a lot of whole food nutrition and feel no need to demonize legumes and dairy...or tomatoes.

Blessed be legumes.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    kimhere wrote: »
    The way I eat is similar to paleo and I didn't start eating that way to lose weight. I changed for my general health and lost weight as a bonus. My body does not agree with grains or dairy at all! So I use a lot of paleo cookbooks. I think you find what works for your health and go with it :) people on here judge others way too much! If they are not taking your food away from you then let people eat what they want.
    Exactly what I wanted to say to the OP.

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Don't forget bugs... lots and lots of bugs. Paleolithic peeps ate bugs.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Any diet that says I shouldn't eat half my dietary staples would never work for me. If this worked for you, then I think that's wonderful. Honestly I can't take any diet that says beans are bad seriously. There is just too much evidence to the contrary.

^^^
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Nah I'm good.
  • sprotzma
    Options
    Paleo is great For reducing cholesterol but it's hard to follow the restrictions
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Flag her comment all you want, but people in the paleolithic did eat bugs. Probably. I mean, the case for bugs is pretty sketchy, but so's the case against legumes.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Flag her comment all you want, but people in the paleolithic did eat bugs. Probably. I mean, the case for bugs is pretty sketchy, but so's the case against legumes.
    Why would people flag that?
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options

I don't know! There are two! They can't handle the truth.

3zu85gud2zqv.gif

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Bugs would have been a big part of our diet and some cultures still eat them. Also, insects such as crickets are being looked at by some as the big sustainable food source for the future. I'm glad I'll be dead by then. ;)
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options

Bugs would have been a big part of our diet and some cultures still eat them. Also, insects such as crickets are being looked at by some as the big sustainable food source for the future. I'm glad I'll be dead by then. ;)

No, I agree--I'm just saying, Paleo diets seem to use some pretty sketchy (and Eurocentric) evidence for why certain foods are or aren't allowed.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

No, I agree--I'm just saying, Paleo diets seem to use some pretty sketchy (and Eurocentric) evidence for why certain foods are or aren't allowed.

We completely agree! :D
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I enjoy cooking and eating some paleo things, but like others said, I found it very restrictive and also time consuming. I'm a vegetarian which gave me even less options.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    scaryg53 wrote: »
    I enjoy cooking and eating some paleo things, but like others said, I found it very restrictive and also time consuming. I'm a vegetarian which gave me even less options.

I don't think Paleo is meant for vegetarians considering that it forbids two major plant sources with grains and legumes.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    sprotzma wrote: »
    Paleo is great For reducing cholesterol but it's hard to follow the restrictions
    Actually and hopefully it increases some cholesterol markers.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

because not supportive of OP's goal to convert everyone to paleo
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

agreeed