Is deleting somebody for being Canadian a legitimate reason?

Options

Replies

• TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    The Canadian exhibit at EPCOT literally makes me sick.

what?
    did you puke on a faux mountie?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Poor Baby..... are you so insecure that you now have to discriminate against a Country... You don't deserve us :drinker: Cheers

> The Joke

> You

> Canadia

> New Jersey
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Was OP 1st post a joke? I think this may be a joke thread. But it does get me a bit when I hear some Americans don't like us. Being Canadian is a gift. I am so fortunate to have been born here <3 Its a great country filled with great values & good people.

I read a thread on mfp where someone was asking medical advice and said don't say go for tests because I can't afford it. that's so sad, I have had the best care free (I pay taxes, so its not free but you don't have to pay for a medical bill) and I've used quite a bit of the health care $. I am 110% happy my children were born here and get to have the best of everything (as long as they don't elect someone like Harper)

You can ask me anything about Canada and I won't have anything to say I hate other than our neighbours thoughts on us...

Has anyone seen when Rick Mercer Talking to Americans? LOL http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rick+mercer+talking+to+americans&oq=rick+m&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l4j0i3j0l5.17.17.0.1832.1.1.0.0.0.0.150.150.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.2e4M6ug8EE4

It's a joke. And it's OK. Because we Canadians have an awesome sense of humor.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian and let me tell you, being Canadian is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for one am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, canadian parents are one of the best parents you can have. Sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish ****head. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care of.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian and let me tell you, being Canadian is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for one am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, canadian parents are one of the best parents you can have. Sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish ****head. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care of.

Canadians are a race?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Was OP 1st post a joke? I think this may be a joke thread. But it does get me a bit when I hear some Americans don't like us. Being Canadian is a gift. I am so fortunate to have been born here <3 Its a great country filled with great values & good people.

I read a thread on mfp where someone was asking medical advice and said don't say go for tests because I can't afford it. that's so sad, I have had the best care free (I pay taxes, so its not free but you don't have to pay for a medical bill) and I've used quite a bit of the health care $. I am 110% happy my children were born here and get to have the best of everything (as long as they don't elect someone like Harper)

You can ask me anything about Canada and I won't have anything to say I hate other than our neighbours thoughts on us...

Has anyone seen when Rick Mercer Talking to Americans? LOL http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rick+mercer+talking+to+americans&oq=rick+m&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l4j0i3j0l5.17.17.0.1832.1.1.0.0.0.0.150.150.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.2e4M6ug8EE4

Well. . . some of you. :wink: We all know that you do, JJAllonsy.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Well. . . some of you. :wink: We all know that you do, JJAllonsy.

:flowerforyou:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading through six pages to find out if someone else said that it's probably NOT the maple syrup making your keyboard sticky...

and that it probably IS a direct result of the fact that us Canadian chicks are freaking hot.

Just saying.

oh... and the answer is NO
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    omg i want poutine now, but I need to start cleaning up my diet. I have been eating so well (calorically), but I know I am not achieving what I want because I am eating garbage...but it looks...so..good
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options

...and what the heck is poutine anyway, eh? :angry:

poutine.jpg

If you don't know, then you don't deserve to have Canadians on your FL.

Hee hee agreed! I loves me some poutine, and I'm not Canadian! Thank goodness you can get it vegetarian in Montreal but not here in NH which is a good thing because eating things like this is what made me fat in the first place! :tongue:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading through six pages to find out if someone else said that it's probably NOT the maple syrup making your keyboard sticky...

and that it probably IS a direct result of the fact that us Canadian chicks are freaking hot.

Just saying.

Right!! This!! I'm half and half, anyway, so I can go both ways. I'm flexible like that.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options

LOVE this and Rick Mercer! Never fails to give me a laugh!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I thinks its REALLY DUMB that some American's think Prince Edward Island, Canada is still a place without power and indoor plumbing. LOL. Too funny! Oh yeah, and remember folks-PEI is the little island off the east coast of Canada.

You aren't fooling anyone. My current profile pic is of me on PEI. Just look at how backwards that place is. Those cars are from at the latest the 1970s. They can't even keep theri roads clean either. Do you see all that debris that kid is standing in?

Lol, that pic was taken in the 70's silly!!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I think this may be a joke thread. But it does get me a bit when I hear some Americans don't like us.

It's always a joke. Americans do not dislike Canadians. They just find it humorous that Canadians don't always know it's a joke.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I think this may be a joke thread. But it does get me a bit when I hear some Americans don't like us.

It's always a joke. Americans do not dislike Canadians. They just find it humorous that Canadians don't always know it's a joke.

FFS. I can't believe people can get offended by this. Canadian jokes are funny to Americans because they make no sense. Canadians are some of the nicest people many of us have ever met and making them the butt of jokes works exactly because of that. It's like the invading Canada skit on South Park, or the reference to North Montana in "Meet the Robinsons" or, on another level, naming the massive dude in the gym "Tiny."
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Just saying.

This is why I'm marrying a Canadian chick.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

FFS. I can't believe people can get offended by this. Canadian jokes are funny to Americans because they make no sense. Canadians are some of the nicest people many of us have ever met and making them the butt of jokes works exactly because of that. It's like the invading Canada skit on South Park, or the reference to North Montana in "Meet the Robinsons" or, on another level, naming the massive dude in the gym "Tiny."

It's kind of like New Jersey, except we all really do hate New Jersey.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Canadians are a race?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ro8lRIty1r2v6rv.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

It's kind of like New Jersey, except we all really do hate New Jersey.

Lol! My husband is from New Jersey.