Is deleting somebody for being Canadian a legitimate reason?

Options

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9wrxjqpUU1qg01ioo1_500.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I think this may be a joke thread. But it does get me a bit when I hear some Americans don't like us.

It's always a joke. Americans do not dislike Canadians. They just find it humorous that Canadians don't always know it's a joke.

FFS. I can't believe people can get offended by this. Canadian jokes are funny to Americans because they make no sense. Canadians are some of the nicest people many of us have ever met and making them the butt of jokes works exactly because of that. It's like the invading Canada skit on South Park, or the reference to North Montana in "Meet the Robinsons" or, on another level, naming the massive dude in the gym "Tiny."

It's kind of like New Jersey, except we all really do hate New Jersey.

The joke there is calling New Jersey the "Garden State." Okay yea, talk about Princeton all you want but Newark is a lot to make up for . . .
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Lol! My husband is from New Jersey.

Ask him how long it takes to make a left turn.

Also, just break up. =P
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hahaha ... as a Canadian, gotta say that I was not offended at all. But you forgot to mention God's way of saying he loves Canadians -- our bacon.

So that's why we're overweight ... what's your excuse?
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    "Hey.
    I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader...
    and I don't live in an igloo
    or eat blubber, or own a dogsled...
    and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
    although I'm certain they're really, really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President.
    I speak english and french, NOT american.
    and I pronounce it 'ABOUT', NOT 'A BOOT'.
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
    I believe in peace keeping, NOT policing.
    DIVERSITY, NOT assimilation,
    AND THAT THE BEAVER IS A TRULY PROUD AND NOBLE ANIMAL.
    A TOQUE IS A HAT, A CHESTERFIELD IS A COUCH,
    AND IT IS PRONOUNCED 'ZED' NOT 'ZEE' . . . 'ZED'!!!
    CANADA IS THE SECOND LARGEST LAND MASS!
    THE FIRST NATION OF HOCKEY!
    AND THE BEST PART OF NORTH AMERICA!
    MY NAME IS ANNE!!
    AND I AM CANADIAN!"

Aw, haven't heard this in so long! Love it.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian and let me tell you, being Canadian is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for one am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, canadian parents are one of the best parents you can have. Sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish ****head. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care of.

Canadians are a race?

Yes and hockey is our religion
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    As a life long resident of Pittsburgh, I appreciate Canada for providing us with the ALL TIME greatest hockey player (Mario) and the best in the game today (Sid).

:drinker:
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options

...and what the heck is poutine anyway, eh? :angry:

poutine.jpg

If you don't know, then you don't deserve to have Canadians on your FL.

damn right. You haven't experienced life if you haven't experienced poutine.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Lol! My husband is from New Jersey.

Ask him how long it takes to make a left turn.

Also, just break up. =P

I'm from Boston, so we are both underdogs of NY. (but now we live in Canada....so....)
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Would move to Canada for boobear! Proof of the "hot Canadians" theory. But dammit, I don't own any warm clothes.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    PS - LOVE to all my Canadian friends too.
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    Was OP 1st post a joke? I think this may be a joke thread. But it does get me a bit when I hear some Americans don't like us. Being Canadian is a gift. I am so fortunate to have been born here <3 Its a great country filled with great values & good people.

I read a thread on mfp where someone was asking medical advice and said don't say go for tests because I can't afford it. that's so sad, I have had the best care free (I pay taxes, so its not free but you don't have to pay for a medical bill) and I've used quite a bit of the health care $. I am 110% happy my children were born here and get to have the best of everything (as long as they don't elect someone like Harper)

You can ask me anything about Canada and I won't have anything to say I hate other than our neighbours thoughts on us...

Has anyone seen when Rick Mercer Talking to Americans? LOL http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rick+mercer+talking+to+americans&oq=rick+m&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l4j0i3j0l5.17.17.0.1832.1.1.0.0.0.0.150.150.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.2e4M6ug8EE4

It's a joke. And it's OK. Because we Canadians have an awesome sense of humor.

haha okay omg thanks! sometimes I have a heard time with "Joke" boards. I cant get the voice tone on the net. Like the one about the guy upset that his friend didn't comment and he was going to delete her for not sending nude photo's... that must have been a joke too? I get lost sometimes! LOL I need it clearly labeled JOKE THREAD! :D lol
  • cashcash12
    cashcash12 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Canadians are the best people, they are so well behaved-I love them :-)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian, but I don't like Canadian Bacon or Bryan Adams (he makes my ears itch).

:noway: :cry:

But everything he does is for you!!

http://youtu.be/ZGoWtY_h4xo

bwahahahahahahahah!!!!!!

tumblr_mkjz1yH2861qhdvf5o4_250.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Was OP 1st post a joke? I think this may be a joke thread. But it does get me a bit when I hear some Americans don't like us. Being Canadian is a gift. I am so fortunate to have been born here <3 Its a great country filled with great values & good people.

I read a thread on mfp where someone was asking medical advice and said don't say go for tests because I can't afford it. that's so sad, I have had the best care free (I pay taxes, so its not free but you don't have to pay for a medical bill) and I've used quite a bit of the health care $. I am 110% happy my children were born here and get to have the best of everything (as long as they don't elect someone like Harper)

You can ask me anything about Canada and I won't have anything to say I hate other than our neighbours thoughts on us...

Has anyone seen when Rick Mercer Talking to Americans? LOL http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rick+mercer+talking+to+americans&oq=rick+m&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l4j0i3j0l5.17.17.0.1832.1.1.0.0.0.0.150.150.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.2e4M6ug8EE4

It's a joke. And it's OK. Because we Canadians have an awesome sense of humor.

haha okay omg thanks! sometimes I have a heard time with "Joke" boards. I cant get the voice tone on the net. Like the one about the guy upset that his friend didn't comment and he was going to delete her for not sending nude photo's... that must have been a joke too? I get lost sometimes! LOL I need it clearly labeled JOKE THREAD! :D lol

If it was clearly labeled, it wouldn't be nearly as funny. :wink:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of canadians. I'm just afraid of Canada. It looks so wildernessey in travel brochures. Plus the hockey makes me think rageful. Plus even though they appear to have much of the same geography our northern states do, they don't mention big foot as much as americans are willing to admit?... which makes me think they are giving him asylum. So yeah, if I weren't afraid of being confronted in the wild near a cliff or grove of blair witchey trees by big foot in a hockey mask, I'd go get me some real authentic maple syrup to peddle here in LA for the cleanses, but my new all organical version.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Only if you don't make fun of them first. Like telling them

The tragedy of Canadia is they could have had British culture, French cooking, and American technology, but instead they got American culture, British cooking, and French technology.

Or

Canadia is just like America... only poor

More like Canada is just like America...only smart.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

The tragedy of Canadia is they could have had British culture, French cooking, and American technology, but instead they got American culture, British cooking, and French technology.

Or

i dont see a Canadian flag on the moon. how smart can you guys be? :D

and i wonder what Canadian poutine is like and can it be any better than the version i've had in the USA. the USA version is fantastic so i cant even imagine how good the real stuff is.
  • j3nnal3igh13
    j3nnal3igh13 Posts: 134
    Options
    After reading this whole thread, all I can think about now is Poutine.... smothered in maple syrup, with a side of bacon. Thanks.

:drinker: cheers to us Canadians! :happy:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Or

i dont see a Canadian flag on the moon. how smart can you guys be? :D

and i wonder what Canadian poutine is like and can it be any better than the version i've had in the USA. the USA version is fantastic so i cant even imagine how good the real stuff is.

It's called disco fries dammit!!!

Edit: because I r smrt and can spell gooder