coke light, diet soda, sprite zero

Options
1235»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    I think cutting soda out completely is the best option to lose/maintain weight. I have nothing scientific to back that up, but personally lost fat and gained muscle when I stopped drinking any sort of soda.
    Anecdotally I've been drinking diet soda for over 25 years and have pretty much maintained within 10lbs of my weight over that same time. Used to drink regular soda before that.
    It's still about CICO.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    hollyk57 wrote: »
    I'd say skip the diet sodas. I do not consume anything with artificial sweeteners, in part because they physically make me sick, but also because they are nothing but processed chemicals.
    What people don't realize is that any food or drink that's "natural" goes through the "process" of being chemically unbonded in the digestion process. Same happens for diet drinks (which by the way contains ingredients naturally found in other foods). So the same aspartic acid in diet soda (at 185mg), is lower than that of a cooked Alaskan Halibut at 5335mg. The considered acceptable daily amount of aspartic acid for daily intake is about 50mg a day for every kilogram of body weight. As you can see a can of diet soda is WELL under that ratio and much more than a "healthy" halibut.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png