Ice Cream Substitute

Options
123457»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    My trainer recommended Artic Zero, or Artic Freeze. You find it at some supermarkets, it is mostly protein and very little sugar alcohol. I recommend Strawberry, is the best one I've tried.

http://amazon.com/Arctic-Zero-Variety-10-Pack-flavor/dp/B003HV3VYQ

Oh, gross. It tastes like barely flavored ice chips. Just eat a single serving of ice cream, for gosh' sake.
  • fatandsad13
    fatandsad13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everyone, greek yogurt with fruit is a great sub for ice cream. Maybe even crack open a DARK chocolate bar and disperse throughout about a cup of greek yogurt. It will make it sweeter, and it'll probably be about 350 calorie snack. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Everyone, greek yogurt with fruit is a great sub for ice cream. Maybe even crack open a DARK chocolate bar and disperse throughout about a cup of greek yogurt. It will make it sweeter, and it'll probably be about 350 calorie snack. :)

why do that when I can have a servicing of talenti chocolate peanut butter cup for 260 calories….hell I could have a serving and a half for 390 calories which is only forty more than your ice cream substitute….??
  • shraniken
    shraniken Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eh, nothing stands in for ice cream in my experience. Some days I just eat next to nothing so I can have a big bowl of chocolate ice cream.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Try Arctic Zero. It's horrible and disgusting but a pint is only 150 cals woohooo!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My trainer recommended Artic Zero, or Artic Freeze. You find it at some supermarkets, it is mostly protein and very little sugar alcohol. I recommend Strawberry, is the best one I've tried.

http://amazon.com/Arctic-Zero-Variety-10-Pack-flavor/dp/B003HV3VYQ

Your trainer must be trying to break up with you. If someone recommended this to me I would cut them out of my life.
  • shraniken
    shraniken Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed it, does it cost $10 a pint and taste like flavored ice?
  • WinoGelato
    Options

shraniken wrote: »

That actually might be an insult to flavored ice. It tastes like wet cardboard that has been frozen.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

shraniken wrote: »

That actually might be an insult to flavored ice. It tastes like wet cardboard that has been frozen.

mmmm...barfy
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Or I could have a serving of light french vanilla ice cream 120 calories
    2 pillsbury chocolate chunk cookies- 160 calories
    Half a serving of brownie brittle to crumble on top 60 calories
    340 calories! By the rule of 'lower calorie = better' I am the winner
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

OMG why have I not thought of crumbling the brownie brittle on the ice cream!? You are a genius! This alone was worth visiting another ice cream substitution thread and wading through the frozen bananas and arctic zero recommendations!

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

No you have it backwards, HIGHER calorie is the winner

mhjdil240x9o.jpg

OP, you can have a Cheesecake Factory White Chocolate Macadamia Nut slice for 1220 calories
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana blended with peanut butter :) yum! I also like to add cinnamon

I never understood this one to be honest.

1 banana = 100 calories
    1 tbsp peanuts butter = 100 calories

200 calories for a 1/2 cup serving.

Ice cream = 150 calories for a 1/2 cup serving. 120 for light at slightly over 200 for rich.

How is that different? (aside from the fact that ice cream tastes better)

I think this is more about eating natural and lowering calories. Banana and peanut butter have natural ingredients, and no added sugar.

The problem with this is that most posts of this nature are looking for a replacement because ice cream takes up too much of their calorie budget. Offering something that has the same, even higher, calories does not provide a solution and does not make it a suitable replacement. Now if the question was "looking for potassium sources" this would be a great suggestion.

I agree that it wouldn't be a fitting lower calorie option, and therefor not a fitting answer for the OP. I was answering the post that said they didn't understand how banana and pb became a popular substitution for ice cream. I believe it has to do with it being more natural, and not about calories at all. I was trying not to use the term "clean", but it's a clean eating thing.
  • edtejada75
    Options
    Blue bell is the best no sugar added. The melodextrain is lower then other ice creams. One small bowl is like 90 calories.
  • Lawngirl296
    Lawngirl296 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    FF Cottage Cheese, SF Cheesecake pudding mix, FF Cool Whip and Crushed Pineapple Salad//mixed together and refrigerate, sooo good.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    FF Cottage Cheese, SF Cheesecake pudding mix, FF Cool Whip and Crushed Pineapple Salad//mixed together and refrigerate, sooo good.

Yuck.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

*shakes head* sorry but that is gross...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    This post makes me want to go buy some ice cream...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Why do you want a substitute? Lower calories? Ice cream seems pretty reasonable as far as calories go. Any alternative will have just as many. (That I can think of anyway) I was going to say if you want something sweet and cold you could make a smoothie but my smoothies have more cals than ice cream. Just buy a small container of it, or learn some self control and portion it out. Use a smaller bowl or a cup.