looking for slim fast friends

Options
Let's swap tips and keep each other going

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Did it, lost weight, ended up bigger because I learned nothing. You can eat real food and lose, I promise! I've lost 39 pounds counting calories. No shakes or bars needed.
  • tomlinson8574
    Options
    It works for me. I have no time to shop properly or make food so it suits my life at the moment.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    It works for me. I have no time to shop properly or make food so it suits my life at the moment.
    Love it when this is the answer.

In that case, enjoy spending way more money on things you can make yourself!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

If you MUST stick to some type of meal replacement like Slim Fast, I would at least suggest looking for a better option. SlimFast is pretty crappy stuff in the overall scheme of things.

• tomlinson8574
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Love it when this is the answer.

In that case, enjoy spending way more money on things you can make yourself!

Glad you "love it"
    Why should I? I've found something that works for me. Why is it bothering u?
  • MorganLR272
    Options
    I love slimfast. I find it helpful because I am trying to reconstruct my idea of eating because I have had problems with food. drinking two slim fasts and having a salad with some sort of protein product or something else has been a tremendous help.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What use is MFP and counting calories when you're on Slimfast?
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Slim fast includes meals too doesnt it? I looked into it and decided not for me, but if you can keep it up then great :-)
  • 1bellringer1
    1bellringer1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use Slim fast as part of my over all diet and it works for me as well Tomlinson. I usually drink a shake in the morning and sometimes lunch as well. Some of the folks on here can be a little judgy but just blow them off. If it works for you then do it. I friend those with similar diet styles as mine and remove those that send me private messages telling me they don't like my food choices. There are millions of users on here, you can build a good support group by weeding through them all. I have adjusted my eating habits and am eating healthier and exercising and have lost almost 15 lbs since the middle of December. Good luck to you! :D
  • soupersaucer
    soupersaucer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been a life long yo yo dieter. I have had success doing many things. But the day always comes when I quit for awhile until I gain a certain amount of weight back. This time, I was looking for a simple diet, without meetings, without much measuring and so forth. I decided to use Slim Fast Products, special K protein bars, frozen diet meals, and fruits and veggies. I am also in the middle ages or slightly past. As I researched ideas, I saw "The Simple Diet" by a Dr. James Anderson who recommends 3 protein shakes a day, 2 frozen diet meals under 300 calories, 5 fruits and veggies and maybe a couple protein bars. I use MFP to count my calories so that I hopefully stay around or under 1600 a day. This first week, I have lost 4 pounds which I can barely believe. This just might work. I prefer the powdered Slimfast shakes and add an extra cup of water to make them 'bigger'. This morning I had Slimfast's cookie dough meal bar. I liked it a lot. Good luck to you and others using whatever tools and methods that work.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Blow us off. I'll just sit here and be judgy and happy and eat all the foods while I maintain my healthy weight achieved by just counting calories and eating food, today it will be crisp bread with leverpostei, whole milk, pomelo and broccoli; tomato and pepper soup with bacon, plums; baked skin-on :o chicken thigh with potato and parsnip mash, and green beans - dates for dessert; red grapes, brie and cucumber; Greek yogurt, almond butter, maple syrup - and some rutabaga sticks.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

so you eat slim fast for 100% of your meals?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Yes, you do. It just isn't important to you.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @tomlinson8574‌ I see your calorie goal is set at 900 cals/day.

You do understand that 1200 calories/day is the absolute minimum a person should consume in order to ensure they are receiving adequate nutrition, right?

Why are you purposely setting yourself up for failure?

Instead of being stubborn and thinking you know everything, perhaps you should listen to people who have been here for years and have lost a significant amount of weight, while eating way more than 900 calories and REAL food.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

so you eat slim fast for 100% of your meals?

@ndj1979‌ Check out her diary
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP why are you only eating 900 calories a day?????
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    To each their own. I've gone down the Slim Fast and frozen diet meal road and ended up right back where I started. First of all, there are so many preservatives and sodium. That being said, I still do usually keep a box of Slim Fast shakes in my closet for the mornings when I'm running late. It's a quick, relatively healthy breakfast and usually holds me until lunch time (I teach 1st grade so I eat early).

If you need some inspiration for healthy cooking, check out skinnytaste.com. Her recipes are healthy and delicious. Most are pretty easy to put together.

And please, please be sure you're eating 1200 calories a day. Anything less (on a regular basis) is unhealthy. It is impossible to get the minimum required number of carbs/protein/fat your body needs to function if you eat less than 1200 on a regular basis.
  • 1bellringer1
    1bellringer1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    FatFreeFrolicking you seem to be looking for some sort of cat fight. You really come off as quite a bully whether you mean to or not. What works for some, may not work for others. I eat healthy and have no problems maintaining my weight. Judging by your 3424 posts you probably have a little more time on your hands then some of us do and if Slim Fast works for some of us and not for you, then why not just bow out of this thread as not in line with your beliefs and move on instead rounding up what appear to be your followers and ganging up on this gal because she chooses a route different then yours?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    OP unless you plan on paying for slim fast for the rest of your life, skip it. If you don't have time to make meals throughout the week- learn to meal prep your meals for the week. And you should be eating way more than 900 calories. Go here--->http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and calculate your BMR and TDEE.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    FatFreeFrolicking you seem to be looking for some sort of cat fight. You really come off as quite a bully whether you mean to or not. What works for some, may not work for others. I eat healthy and have no problems maintaining my weight. Judging by your 3424 posts you probably have a little more time on your hands then some of us do and if Slim Fast works for some of us and not for you, then why not just bow out of this thread as not in line with your beliefs and move on instead rounding up what appear to be your followers and ganging up on this gal because she chooses a route different then yours?

so it is OK for OP to be eating 900 calories a day?

it is a public forum and people are free to comment in favor, or against what the OP is doing; 900 calories is not a healthy amount of calories for anyone to be consuming and it needs to be pointed..

just because someone does not agree with you does not make them a "bully"..

it is the internet, deal with it.
This discussion has been closed.