looking for slim fast friends

Options

Replies

• dliteb440
    dliteb440 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am so tired of people slamming Slim Fast! Everyone is different. Please allow others to make their own decisions regarding their diet without someone standing on their soapbox proclaiming how horrible SF is. It cant be all bad, it has been around a long time, where other meal replacement shakes have come and gone....Anyway....I enjoy SF. I have it for breakfast sometimes cause I dont like a heavy breakfast in the morning.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    FatFreeFrolicking you seem to be looking for some sort of cat fight. You really come off as quite a bully whether you mean to or not. What works for some, may not work for others. I eat healthy and have no problems maintaining my weight. Judging by your 3424 posts you probably have a little more time on your hands then some of us do and if Slim Fast works for some of us and not for you, then why not just bow out of this thread as not in line with your beliefs and move on instead rounding up what appear to be your followers and ganging up on this gal because she chooses a route different then yours?

fatfreefrolicking is not a bully. You're judging her based on her having 3424 posts? What about the people who have over 10k. We see multiple fad diet threads a week. Trying to give OP important information on eating more =/= bully. 900 is a VLCD. Against forum guidelines.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    FatFreeFrolicking you seem to be looking for some sort of cat fight. You really come off as quite a bully whether you mean to or not. What works for some, may not work for others. I eat healthy and have no problems maintaining my weight. Judging by your 3424 posts you probably have a little more time on your hands then some of us do and if Slim Fast works for some of us and not for you, then why not just bow out of this thread as not in line with your beliefs and move on instead rounding up what appear to be your followers and ganging up on this gal because she chooses a route different then yours?

900 cals a day is considered VLCD, unhealthy, and against MFP guidelines. I'll report this thread and hope everyone else does the same.

MFP is for healthy and sustainable weight loss and management, I don't understand why so many end up here on this calorie counting site with their fad diets, shakes and pills.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    dliteb440 wrote: »
    I am so tired of people slamming Slim Fast! Everyone is different. Please allow others to make their own decisions regarding their diet without someone standing on their soapbox proclaiming how horrible SF is. It cant be all bad, it has been around a long time, where other meal replacement shakes have come and gone....Anyway....I enjoy SF. I have it for breakfast sometimes cause I dont like a heavy breakfast in the morning.

There is a difference between "I have it for breakfast sometimes" while maintaining a moderate caloric deficit in order to lose weight and using SlimFast as my primary weight loss tool while eating less than 900 calories/day and not getting the minimum nutritional requirements.

I see a big crash and burn in OP's future.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    dliteb440 wrote: »

I'm the same way with breakfast, hence I usually have Slimfast instead. I take my vitamins with it and it's a 'chocolate fix' for me too. :) Today, I opted to sleep in, so I'm having it for lunch instead. **Edit: I also used to *not* eat breakfast at all...so I figure the slim milk (the docs are encouraging more calcium for me anyway) plus the powder, is better than the nothing of before. Of course I know that Slimfast isn't a "forever" option, but for now it is.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

HA! This is hysterical.

@1bellringer1‌ Judging by your 35 posts, you must be new and unaware of the rules here on MFP. I suggest reading through them. Because unlike my posts here in this thread, yours is actually against the rules.

A VLCD (I'll spell it out for you in case you don't know what it stands for… very low calorie diet) is against the rules of MFP.

Eating 900 calories/day is unhealthy. Period. Telling someone that does not make me a bully. I am simply educating the OP on a healthy approach to weight loss, opposed to a VLCD fad that is unsustainable for long-term success. Assuming OP wants long-term success, she should be happy that people are providing her with information that is only going to HELP her.

As far as your comment about me having more time on my hands than some of us….
    • I'm a full-time student with one major and TWO minors (basically the equivalent of 2 majors)
    • I am vice president of the Public Health Society at my university
    • I volunteer at a number of organizations
    • I work two jobs

That list doesn't include the time I spend working out or my social life. So no, I don't have a little more time on my hands than you or anyone else. I just have better time management.

Next time you try to attack me, I suggest you actually know something about my life. Thanks :)
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There a way to discuss, and even criticize, without being rude.

"Look at my perfect way of eating, everyone! Look at my super duper beach body bikini ! I am wonderful, and THAT gives me the right to be aggressive and unpleasant when I express my opinion! "

Also, once something was said twice or three times, is there a need to gang up and repeat the same thing 30 times?

Look: many people are actually really, really great. But one thing is sure: when you need a "tool" like MFP to assist you with what should be absolutely natural, like eating and being in shape, it means that at some point there is a flaw. You are not perfect. No one is.

So chill the heck out everyone.

Ok, off the soap box. You can go all watch my diary and bash my highly processed diet if you want.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    There a way to discuss, and even criticize, without being rude.

"Look at my perfect way of eating, everyone! Look at my super duper beach body bikini ! I am wonderful, and THAT gives me the right to be aggressive and unpleasant when I express my opinion! "

Also, once something was said twice or three times, is there a need to gang up and repeat the same thing 30 times?

Look: many people are actually really, really great. But one thing is sure: when you need a "tool" like MFP to assist you with what should be absolutely natural, like eating and being in shape, it means that at some point there is a flaw. You are not perfect. No one is.

So chill the heck out everyone.

Ok, off the soap box. You can go all watch my diary and bash my highly processed diet if you want.

Your diary isn't visible to the public and we all eat processed foods :)
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

900 cals a day is considered VLCD, unhealthy, and against MFP guidelines. I'll report this thread and hope everyone else does the same.

MFP is for healthy and sustainable weight loss and management, I don't understand why so many end up here on this calorie counting site with their fad diets, shakes and pills.

she isn't advertising that she eats 900 calories a day. people looked at her food diary and are posting it in here. why not mind your own business instead? nothing she posted is against forum rules.

i never actually tried slim fast and it sounds like a silly idea to me, unless you plan to eat it for life, but NO reason to report the o.p. for anything.
  • Aviva92
    Options

HA! This is hysterical.

@1bellringer1‌ Judging by your 35 posts, you must be new and unaware of the rules here on MFP. I suggest reading through them. Because unlike my posts here in this thread, yours is actually against the rules.

A VLCD (I'll spell it out for you in case you don't know what it stands for… very low calorie diet) is against the rules of MFP.

Eating 900 calories/day is unhealthy. Period. Telling someone that does not make me a bully. I am simply educating the OP on a healthy approach to weight loss, opposed to a VLCD fad that is unsustainable for long-term success. Assuming OP wants long-term success, she should be happy that people are providing her with information that is only going to HELP her.

• I'm a full-time student with one major and TWO minors (basically the equivalent of 2 majors)
    • I work two jobs

That list doesn't include the time I spend working out or my social life. So no, I don't have a little more time on my hands than you or anyone else. I just have better time management.

Next time you try to attack me, I suggest you actually know something about my life. Thanks :)

it's against the rules to advertise a vlcd on the forum. the op did not do that. a bunch of people snooped in her food diary which is really none of their business. o.p., i suggest you make your food diary viewable to friends only or private to only you.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »

HA! This is hysterical.

• I work two jobs

it's against the rules to advertise a vlcd on the forum. the op did not do that. a bunch of people snooped in her food diary which is really none of their business. o.p., i suggest you make your food diary viewable to friends only or private to only you.

@Aviva92‌ No, she isn't advertising a VLCD. But I believe it is against the rules to discuss a VLCD, period. When you post something on the internet, it becomes the whole world's business. Her diary is open to the public for all to see. Those of us who have been here a while, know to check people's diaries because most of the time, you find they are eating a significantly lower amount of calories than they should be. Those of us who care, tell these people what they are doing is very unhealthy and dangerous. There's nothing wrong with that.

There are individuals here who are recovering from eating disorders. They see posts like this and can also see her diary. It can be triggering for them.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Most idiotic saying ever!!!
  • Aviva92
    edited February 2015
    Options

HA! This is hysterical.

• I work two jobs

@Aviva92‌ No, she isn't advertising a VLCD. But I believe it is against the rules to discuss a VLCD, period. When you post something on the internet, it becomes the whole world's business. Her diary is open to the public for all to see. Those of us who have been here a while, know to check people's diaries because most of the time, you find they are eating a significantly lower amount of calories than they should be. Those of us who care, tell these people what they are doing is very unhealthy and dangerous. There's nothing wrong with that.

There are individuals here who are recovering from eating disorders. They see posts like this and can also see her diary. It can be triggering for them.

oh, please. nothing wrong with telling her that what she is doing is unhealthy, but i highly doubt you are reporting her for this reason. just mind your own business. "bully" seems like an appropriate term here. if you truly think that she's going to hurt some person who is recovering from an eating disorder, why not tell her to make her diary private? why resort to reporting her? the ONLY reason to report her seem less than stellar to me.

she is discussing slim fast. she is not discussing a vlcd.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I drank those about a gazillion years ago in nursing school. Great to sip on in between my breakfast at 0530 and lunch at 1400. I have never used them for dieting. My grandmother did those about 2 gazillion years ago...I think she had the chocolate royale? Anyways, she lost a bunch then transitioned to weight watchers frozen meals and did better with that (she could have regular meals with the family and a dessert treat everyday).

Good luck!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

HA! This is hysterical.

• I work two jobs

oh, please. nothing wrong with telling her that what she is doing is unhealthy, but i highly doubt you are reporting her for this reason. just mind your own business. "bully" seems like an appropriate term here. if you truly think that she's going to hurt some person who is recovering from an eating disorder, why not tell her to make her diary private? why resort to reporting her? the ONLY reason to report her seem less than stellar to me.

How about you mind your own business, she has just as much right to comment as you do.
  • Aviva92
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

HA! This is hysterical.

• I work two jobs

How about you mind your own business, she has just as much right to comment as you do.

I'm calling her out on not minding her own business. That's different. How's about I do what i want?

comment? sure. report her post for not breaking the forum rules at all? no.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    edited February 2015
    Options

HA! This is hysterical.

• I work two jobs

@Aviva92‌ Do you even know what the word 'bully' means?

Bully: Verb
    To frighten, hurt, or threaten (a smaller or weaker person) : to act like a bully toward (someone)

I never did frightened, hurt, or threatened her. You tell me to mind my own business but here you are, butting in. When someone is eating 900 calories a day, it becomes my business to tell her what she is doing is wrong (especially when her diary is visible to the public).

In case you are confused, I'm not the one who reported or even mentioned reporting her.

So oh, please yourself.
  • Aviva92
    Options

HA! This is hysterical.

• I work two jobs

@Aviva92‌ Do you even know what the word 'bully' means?

Bully: Verb
    To frighten, hurt, or threaten (a smaller or weaker person) : to act like a bully toward (someone)

I never did frightened, hurt, or threatened her. You tell me to mind my own business but here you are, butting in. When someone is eating 900 calories a day, it becomes my business to tell her what she is doing is wrong (especially when her diary is visible to the public).

In case you are confused, I'm not the one who reported or even mentioned reporting her so I'm not quite sure why you are discussing that with me.

So oh, please yourself.

YOU said it's against the rules of the forum, thus insinuating that she should be reported for it. Someone else actually said that they reported her. Yes, you are trying to intimidate her by telling her she is breaking the forum rules, thus bullying. The other post by someone else encouraging people to report her post was certainly threatening and you just piled it on, so ya, it qualifies.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    O.P. you really need to make your diary private so people quit snooping.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

HA! This is hysterical.

• I work two jobs

I'm calling her out on not minding her own business. That's different. How's about I do what i want?

comment? sure. report her post for not breaking the forum rules at all? no.

Once again, when someone posts something on a public forum, it becomes everyone's business.

You are doing the same exact thing that I am. You are no different.

This discussion has been closed.