How did I gain 3 pounds on 800 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    The guy says he's eating exactly 23.6 TBSP of honey every day. Trololololol.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thantanos wrote: »
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    You have to change it in the settings.

Ok changed my settings to public.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Thantanos

Could only be bothered to fake two weeks of entries C-

And a D- considering most of them are 1200 cals
  • Thantanos
    Thantanos Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you are only guessing what your calories might be rather than weighing and measuring to get accurate calorie counts, you are most likely not eating just 800. Also, you may be retaining water. You are also under the assumption that you have to starve yourself to lose weight and it's the complete opposite of that. You need to eat. If you don't put gas in a car, you may run on fumes for a bit, but eventually it's going to stop going anywhere until you put more fuel in it. You need more fuel. You may be losing weight now, but at this rate, it's causing more harm than good, it just hasn't caught up with you yet. It will though.

I hear you but this famous study says my diet works.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment

"Among the conclusions from the study was the confirmation that prolonged semi-starvation produces significant increases in depression, hysteria and hypochondriasis as measured using the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory."

"Participants exhibited a preoccupation with food, both during the starvation period and the rehabilitation phase. Sexual interest was drastically reduced, and the volunteers showed signs of social withdrawal and isolation."

" There were marked declines in physiological processes indicative of decreases in each subject’s basal metabolic rate (the energy required by the body in a state of rest), reflected in reduced body temperature, respiration and heart rate. Some of the subjects exhibited edema in their extremities, presumably due to decreased levels of plasma proteins given that the body's ability to construct key proteins like albumin is based on available energy sources."

Sounds wonderful...

Except im happy =)
  • Thantanos
    edited February 2015
    Options

1200 because I have a meal called "Fake Meal" I add so I hit 1200 calories. And I am on a 19 days streak by the way.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    If you are only guessing what your calories might be rather than weighing and measuring to get accurate calorie counts, you are most likely not eating just 800. Also, you may be retaining water. You are also under the assumption that you have to starve yourself to lose weight and it's the complete opposite of that. You need to eat. If you don't put gas in a car, you may run on fumes for a bit, but eventually it's going to stop going anywhere until you put more fuel in it. You need more fuel. You may be losing weight now, but at this rate, it's causing more harm than good, it just hasn't caught up with you yet. It will though.

I hear you but this famous study says my diet works.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment

"Among the conclusions from the study was the confirmation that prolonged semi-starvation produces significant increases in depression, hysteria and hypochondriasis as measured using the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory."

"Participants exhibited a preoccupation with food, both during the starvation period and the rehabilitation phase. Sexual interest was drastically reduced, and the volunteers showed signs of social withdrawal and isolation."

" There were marked declines in physiological processes indicative of decreases in each subject’s basal metabolic rate (the energy required by the body in a state of rest), reflected in reduced body temperature, respiration and heart rate. Some of the subjects exhibited edema in their extremities, presumably due to decreased levels of plasma proteins given that the body's ability to construct key proteins like albumin is based on available energy sources."

Sounds wonderful...

Except im happy trolling =)

FIFY
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I call BS. Eating the same thing each day and EXACTLY 1200 calories.
  • Thantanos
    Options
    You guys are being impossible. I want a answer to my question.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

1200 because I have a meal called "Fake Meal" I add so I hit 1200 calories. And I am on a 19 days streak by the way.

So the other days in your two months of losing - you just didn't log.

riiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    You say you've been eating 800 calories, but your diary says 1200-1600 calories for the past 2 months.

OP is not serious.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Wait - 235 pounds at 50% body fat? Is that even possible?
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Anyone got bingo today - 800 cal troll must have made someones card?
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i am sticking by my original advice. he is measuring his wine wrong. one bottle does not = one glass when it comes to calorie counting. :p
  • Thantanos
    Options

So the other days in your two months of losing - you just didn't log.

riiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt

I got angry when I lost my streak and took about a week off of MFP. But not a week off of my real diet. Loot at my weight history you will see two months ago I was 255.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Someone tried to give you a serious answer earlier, regarding the sodium from the sardines.

Either that or you're a special snowflake, defying the laws of physics. Get thee to the museum, OP.
  • Thantanos
    Options
    Ok, now I call BS. Eating the same thing each day and EXACTLY 1200 calories.

I use Honey to add extra calories until it hits 1200. MFP requires 1200.
  • Thantanos
    Options

Someone tried to give you a serious answer earlier, regarding the sodium from the sardines.

Either that or you're a special snowflake, defying the laws of physics. Get thee to the museum, OP.

I am grateful for that persons idea. But my sardines are only 260 mg. A small percentage of daily salt intake.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    lol lol lol

23 tablespoons of honey daily.

dying at the crapness of your fake diary.