30 DAY SHRED JOIN IN BOARD!!!

Options

Replies

• cjrenteria85
    cjrenteria85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also just finished day 1 level 1! It was pretty intense, I enjoyed the cardio but when it got to strength training my muscles were burning, I'm definitely looking forward to my next workout! :#
  • vsoffen
    vsoffen Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Did day 3 yesterday, starting to think about when to move onto level 2, think maybe after day 7. Does anyone have any experience/advice?
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Day 4 level 1 done! I was feeling slack but this thread motivated me to push on :)

How have you all been going? Do you see progress and changes in your body so far?
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 3.
    Options
    Day 3, level 1. Loving the burn!!
    Options
    Lvl. 1, day 4. I just doubled my weights from 1 lb. to 2 lbs., so I'm really working up a sweat now. I will get results!!
    Options
    Yay, Sunday = rest day!
  • DrPrev
    DrPrev Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So, for those of us that are considering jumping into this 30 day shred . . . . how does one get started . . . . .?
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 4.
  • stephmw9
    stephmw9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    DrPrev wrote: »
    So, for those of us that are considering jumping into this 30 day shred . . . . how does one get started . . . . .?

you could either buy the dvd or watch it on youtube. All you need are some light weights and a yoga mat and you can get started.
  • yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Finished level 1 this week. I can do 17 real push-ups in a row! Moving on to level 2 on Monday. I only have 8 pound weights so I do as much as I can with them, then drop one. How is everyone else doing?
  • Cellery67
    Cellery67 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5 done. I had a 4 day streak and then missed 3 days in a row :( But I can tell that it was easier for me today, and maybe even easier because my body recovered some. It felt good. I'm trying to increase my number of real push ups (I'm at 10 now).
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Completed 6 days and feeling ok so not taking a rest day until I finish level 1. I find the cardio easy now and squats getting easier. Push ups and side lunges still get me!

Just wondering if anyone knows whether this type of training is intense enough to build some muscles?
  • gretch23
    gretch23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I started at the beginning of the month (the 2nd to be exact) and today I finished level 2 day 2. So far I've worked out every day except one but plan on taking 1 rest day a week. I say take body measurements when you start! I've seen the scale move very little but can tell my clothes are fitting better!
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 using 5 lbs weights. I am starting to see a difference. So far I've lost 1 inch.
  • yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Started Level 2- sweating like a beast
    Options
    Day 5, lvl. 1, done! Got a question, though. I've found that my endurance has improved greatly since day 1, and thus I don't think I'm sweating as much. Does this mean that my results will plateau (and maybe I should do the video 1 1/2 times), or should I just increase the intensity of the workout?
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Im on day 4 level one of the beginner shred. Use 5lb weights
  • Cheryl_dancer
    Cheryl_dancer Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Doing Level 1, Day 3 tonight, only noticed 1lb loss so far but feeling good that I can get through the workout. I find the strength stuff the hardest as I have been quite the cardio bunny (running, dancing) and my weight loss virtually stopped. Hope this works!
  • Cheryl_dancer
    Cheryl_dancer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When do you take your rest days? Aiming to do it 5-6 days a week and roughly 10 days per level.