Options
13»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Nah he works at my moms office and he use to compete in body building. She knew I was trying to get bigger and gave him my info. From there he's been helping me with my gains

if he works in your moms office it sounds like his body building career never quite took off…

Just saying...

he has to work somewhere. steroids and HGH ain't free, ya know

#makingaliving
  • aaron_larson94
    Options
    Well I mean that's the case for a lot of people who use to compete without taking roids. Also not everyone is gifted with Arnolds genes.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    Nah he works at my moms office and he use to compete in body building. She knew I was trying to get bigger and gave him my info. From there he's been helping me with my gains

if he works in your moms office it sounds like his body building career never quite took off…

Just saying...

^Good point! Also, Greg Plitt was a famous fitness model who said a lot of really dumb things about training and nutrition that weren't even close to backed by science. Having a good body doesn't mean you know what you are doing. (says a bodybuilder who doesn't have a career in bodybuilding ;) haha)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Well I mean that's the case for a lot of people who use to compete without taking roids. Also not everyone is gifted with Arnolds genes.

fair enough ..

I am just saying that some of the worst advice I hear comes from the bros in the gym….just because they compete does not make them PHD's in nutrition and science…

and based on the fact that he gave a beginner an insanely high volume leg workout I would say that he is not off to the best start….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Just saying...

^Good point! Also, Greg Plitt was a famous fitness model who said a lot of really dumb things about training and nutrition that weren't even close to backed by science. Having a good body doesn't mean you know what you are doing. (says a bodybuilder who doesn't have a career in bodybuilding ;) haha)

well I would take your advice over some random in the gym ….just saying...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Just saying...

but....i thought her advice was just good for women?
  • usmcmp
    Options

Yeah...about that....
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ebRglq-CPsY
  • usmcmp
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Just saying...

but....i thought her advice was just good for women?

I laughed so hard I snorted! That dude.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Yeah...about that....
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ebRglq-CPsY

My dreams are shattered!
  • aaron_larson94
    Options
    Ahah everyone knew he was on roids. So was everyone that was competing against him. He still had great genetics or he wouldn't have won 7 times