How many calories/carbs? Insulin resistant

Options
13»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    kekagel wrote: »
    For the record, just because somebody says eat 25g of carbs, etc. doesn't mean that's what is best for me. I thought surely there would be a calculator available online for reference.

There really isn't since everyone is so different. It needs to come from a healthcare professional with diabetes training. My doctor told me to stay under 180 g per day and I went from an A1C of 7.3 to 5.4 in 10 months and no longer take medication (I was taking the lowest possible dose of glipizide). It worked for me, but may not be the right thing for anyone else.

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    kekagel wrote: »
    I'm having the worst time finding a calculator to determine how many calories and carbs per day I should have.

The MFP goal setting thing will give you a calorie target, probably around 1300, and you can use that in the "custom goal settings" to change you macros to reduce carbohydrate if that's your issue.

You could try http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ for a low carb calculation but it needs a few decisions to be made by you. As an example I ran it and got (for you) :-

1678 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
    45 g Carbohydrates (11%, 180 kcal)
    85 g Protein (20%, 340 kcal)
    129 g Fat (69%, 1158 kcal)