How far would you be willing to walk for the gym?

Options
124»

Replies

• laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't live somewhere that you walk anywhere, unfortunately, but if I had to walk a long distance to get to a gym I would probably just go on a walk wherever and then get the equipment to lift at home. Although you do kind of kill two birds with one stone if you have to walk to the gym to work out. Cardio done, time for weights!
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    P.S. Sign up for the gym you will actually use. Otherwise there's no point in signing up, regardless of how convenient it is.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    None
    not a fan of a GYM. Sorrry.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I drive 30 min. each way, so I guess I would walk 30 min. each way if there were a gym at that distance.

The closest gym is within walking distance (about 15 blocks), but the hours are terrible. So I go to the next closest gym, which is around 25 miles and uses card access for 24 hour availability.
  • nkovacs1954
    nkovacs1954 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Be awesome if I could walk 30-45 minutes each way to the gym...we live in a very rural area and the closest one is 20 minutes by car...
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    True story that still makes me laugh.
    My wife has a free membership at a local gym through the hospital she works at. She hates the place because she has to walk too far.
    We walk hard and far now days, but this is still something we joke about.
  • caratayloruk
    caratayloruk Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's about a 45 minute walk to my gym from home.

It's not the closest but I like the facilities and its on my way home from work (only a 20 minute walk from there)

I'd probably walk up to an hour, but I do walk everywhere so don't consider this that far
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    None
    not a fan of a GYM. Sorrry.

Thanks for sharing?
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Half a mile. (Which happens to be the distance to my gym). I prefer to drive in cold or bad weather, but will totally walk it if I must. In nice weather, it's a nice walk.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    ]
    Don't bother trying to help the folks here. In fact, don't be surprised if some numb ninny reports you for your help, and you get a warning. Correcting diction, grammar and spelling is a strict no-no on the forums. How's that for flaccid?

Really, if I wasn't trying to help and was trying to be a dick, I would have said something like farther* or "fixed that for you" instead of giving an explanation. If someone wants to report me, go for it.
    I'm giving you the 411, it's on you what you choose to do with it.

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    ]
    Don't bother trying to help the folks here. In fact, don't be surprised if some numb ninny reports you for your help, and you get a warning. Correcting diction, grammar and spelling is a strict no-no on the forums. How's that for flaccid?

Really, if I wasn't trying to help and was trying to be a dick, I would have said something like farther* or "fixed that for you" instead of giving an explanation. If someone wants to report me, go for it.

I'm not mad at you or anyone. I get how correcting someone's grammar comes off as being a troll. Really, I'm not a fan of trolling, I would rather help someone or have a reasonable debate.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    ]

I'm not mad at you or anyone. I get how correcting someone's grammar comes off as being a troll. Really, I'm not a fan of trolling, I would rather help someone or have a reasonable debate.
    Didn't think you were. Just didn't think you need to get a warning for something so non-important, but it really activates the passive aggressives on the board.