What was your one little victory today that deserves acknowledgement?

Options

Replies

• jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Stuck indoors yesterday and today because of sick toddler, so haven't been as active and noticed it on my Fitbit dashboard. So when I was looking for something to do with mini sick man, instead of being lazy with puzzle things (may sound like a good educational game but we do have a lazy version!), I chased him around our flat for a while. It may not have been a mega active day, but in the end I burned way more calories than yesterday when we just lay on the sofa feeling pathetic :smile:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    <-- I fit into a size 8 jeans for the first time in 10 years.
  • Yourebeautiful2day
    Options
    I woke up determined to have a good food day today!
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I hung with the instructor through the whole boot camp video today. Tried this same video a couple of years ago (then buried it out of shame). I couldn't do half the reps and skipped a couple of the harder exercises altogether. Probably would have been lost a couple months ago. This last month and a half of pushing through the lazies and being consistent have paid off!
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I finished Couch to 5K this morning! Never in my life did I think I would be able to say I can run 30 minutes straight. :)
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Out of curiousity I tried on a pair of jeans that 3 weeks ago I couldn't get over my thighs, this morning those jeans slipped right up and I even buttoned them comfortably and wore them to work! Heck YES!
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    There are cupcakes in the kitchen at work. I want one, but decided I'm not going to have it. I want my nightly dessert more.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Didn't give up on my accountability challenge yesterday when I went significantly over. I wanted to just call it a day, but decided instead to make it up through exercise.
  • FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I finished Couch to 5K this morning! Never in my life did I think I would be able to say I can run 30 minutes straight. :)

Awesome, well done you :smiley:

• FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My major victory of today is that I didn't kill anybody!! (there's still time!) Instead of going home, eating all of the food and drinking all of the wine in protest of such a horrible day, I am going home, changing into my gym gear and going to spin class followed by a fitness stretch class! (wish it was boxing night tonight!)
  • mastickles
    mastickles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did five minutes of cardio stepping this morning. It was all I could manage (and I wasn't even trying to push hard), but it's the most exercise intensity I've managed for at least three months. I've been fighting complete inertia for a month and a half, trying to start exercising again and failing over and over; today was when my constant "I'm just too tired/busy/unwell/sore" finally got run over by "I'm SICK of constantly making excuses!"

That also gave me the push I needed to get intentional about getting fit. I registered on this site a couple of hours ago, logged my morning exercise and all my planned meals for the day, registered on Fitbit, connected the two accounts, and I'm going to pick up a Fitbit Surge HR later today for better fitness tracking. I'm getting too old (50+) to put this off any more; I need to lose at least 50 pounds (probably closer to 70) and it's only going to get harder the longer I wait.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I was able to complete 4.4 miles on the elliptical last night in an hour (including 5 min cool down) on the hill setting! Normally I can do 2 in 30 min, but I was proud of myself for being able to keep up a slightly better pace for double the time!

Also, committed to packing up the rest of my too big clothes tonight! :)
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I was able to walk my dog around the whole neighborhood today and not just 1 or 2 blocks. :smiley:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    ran 2 miles instead of quitting after the first half mile. ran 4 miles yesterday body was tired but i pushed through.
  • holliesangel
    holliesangel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There's an unclaimed cupcake in my fridge that I did not eat
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Tried a size 8 corduroy skirt (no stretch at all) and could close it comfortably, zipper and button and all :)
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Didn't let a small setback affect my outlook.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Fit into and bought a little Diane Von Furstenburg dress. My hips can finally fit into a tight size 6.

Good for you!!! Her stuff is teeny! You will wear it for years.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Walking up to a store and seeing my reflection in the window and being in awe instead of cringing and hurrying inside away from glass and mirrors (as if that will hide the fact I'm fat). I still have a long way to go....but wow to see how I've changed! My belly is where I'm losing most inches right now....went another notch smaller in my belt - one I couldn't even wear a few weeks ago!

Awesome!!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Fit into and bought a little Diane Von Furstenburg dress. My hips can finally fit into a tight size 6.

Good for you!!! Her stuff is teeny! You will wear it for years.

Yeah! I was happy with it. When I buy size 6 in clothing that is not as high quality, a size 6 is much much too big on top. This one is just right!