will you ever be happy with your body?

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm not happy with the fact that I've let my health get out of my control, but I will always love my body... it's the only one I get, and it's strong and resilient.

The idea of "being happy with your body" can be almost completely mental, and have absolutely nothing to do with the actual shape you're in (which I think is much more likely to be true if you're near your goals.) If you are getting close to reaching your goal weight and you've hit all of your fitness goals, and you're still not happy, you're going to need to get right in your head about your self image.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly happy now which is why it's been so hard to be motivated by the little remaining vanity tweaks I want.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I am happy! and i was probably at this weight for many months before i realized that i was just about where i wanted to be. I used to look at other guys in the gym and think i would want to trade bodies with them. I still see guys that have this or that better on them then on me, but I wouldn't trade my body for anyone of those.

i woke up one day and realized, i'd rather have the body i'm in then a Ferrari!

And i'm far from perfect! I'm far from where i thought i wanted to be when i started!

I've got stripes too, so what, makes me a tiger, GRRRRRR!
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have been heavy my whole life and I really thought that once I hit my goal weight the universe would somehow be totally different and the birds would sign to me as I walked by, flowers would sprout where I walked, and life would magically be better. Now, I am not quite at my goal weight but as I far as I know the only thing that has changed is I have smaller boobs, a saggy tummy, lose skin everywhere, and my face looks older because the skin is not as firm as it was. I know that I am healthier and can do more things then I could before (my kiddo appreciates that) but I feel less attractive then I did 350+. Not 100% the outcome I was hoping for...stupid birds don’t sing for me 
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Im happy now..of course it could always be better but its toned so im more of in maintence mode than weight loss mode
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to encourage myself to be happy with what my body can do (at my goal weight: run, walk, swim, chase after my kids) so I don't push the envelope and try to set another weight goal. I am less than 1 lb from my 2nd goal weight right now and I don't think I need to lose more pounds after this. I would like to gain muscle and lose body fat but I really just want to create lifelong health eating habits and make exercise a priority so I don't all of a sudden Iook in the mirror and wonder were those 25 lbs came from.

I need to work on feeling confident with my body and not so worried that I'm going to gain weight again, but I really believe for a lot of people it's more mental than physical.. Honestly more often than not I am happy with my body but sometime I can really get myself down if I think too much about my imperfections.
  • HoneyDaggers
    HoneyDaggers Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy is a state of mind, not a dress size or a number on the scale. I'm happy about my body and I just want to do more and longer.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    My body will never be perfect and that's not my expectation. I'm happy with my body now, I was happy with it before. That doesn't mean I don't want to strive to have it be the best it can be. But I'm happy with it. I'm happy it's here, and that it carries me through all the tasks I ask it to do, and that it's starting to look pretty good in clothes. I look at it like my salary. I'm happy with my salary now, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want a raise. And at what point would my salary be high enough that I'd never want more? I'm perfectly content with my body as is. But I'd also be content with some improvements. But I don't strive for perfection.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Happy? Maybe.

Satisfied and finished or ready to maintain? Nope.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Look at dat *kitten*! Of course I'm happy!

:tongue:
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    My body is amazing! I don't know what I would do without it...I love it, and am grateful every day that it has got me to this point, after decades of use and abuse. I'm now trying to return the favor by giving it the nutrition and exercise it deserves.

It's a good thing you didn't ask 'our bodies' if they are happy with us.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    My body is amazing! I don't know what I would do without it...I love it, and am grateful every day that it has got me to this point, after decades of use and abuse. I'm now trying to return the favor by giving it the nutrition and exercise it deserves.

beautifully said. or as the internetz folk say, QFT.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I like to think that it will always be a work in progress.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy when I don't have to lift my fat to wash under it.
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    No I don't think I ever will be... but I'm TRYING to be.

I'm trying to be healthy. I want a good quality of life. I want the perfect body--but I don't think I'll ever get there. If I do, I probably won't realize it..

But I'm working on self-acceptance.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That is a very good question, thank you for asking. I wonder the same thing. I was slim and had a very nice body 30 years ago, but I thought I was fat, even then when I was over 40 lbs lighter at that time than I am now. I have saved some of the clothes I wore then as a reminder and measurement tool. My body image is intertwined with several things; how many carbs I've eaten, how much exercise I get, who I'm with, what I'm doing and whether I've had good sex recently. That last one makes me feel good enough, usually, that it doesn't matter how I look, at least temporarily. I'm grateful my husband still loves me and makes love to me. He never complains about my body and he's known me for a long time, so he knows how I used to look. That's not what he cares about even though I do. I'm pretty sure if I were to lose 40 lbs now, the body I think I remember at that weight would not reappear. I've had two kids since then and taken up weight training. Plus I'm 30 years older. Time and gravity take their toll on everyone, regardelss of their weight. I have gone to therapy over body image and eating and really not learned anything I didn't already know or helped me view my body differently. Eating a low carb diet was the only thing that helped at all in that regard. Not sure what the connection is, exactly, but it's still true.
    I do try to remember that the body I have has given me over 50 years of very good service and life, even if it doesn't match the image we are usually shown as "attractive, sexy and beautiful." I've had two uncomplicated pregnancies, two natural births and two healthy babies from this body, many great orgasms, many satisfying exercise sessions, enough situations where I've had the necessary strength to accomplish tasks that other women wouldn't have been able to that I can say I have a good body, even if it doesn't look like that "ideal" body. If it looked like a model, too, I don't know if I would be any happier. Do you think the models think they have great bodies and are satisfied with them? I wonder.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

beautifully said. or as the internetz folk say, QFT.

Agree. My body is not perfect but it I love and adore it anyway.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    It will be a long and arduous process.. But I assume eventually I will be.

I lost 70+ pounds so far.. Proud of my progression, happy with my progression.. But nah.. Not happy with my body. Not yet.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Probably not! But that's what pushes me to continually set new goals for myself. I would hate to get to a point in my life where I've become complacent. Onward and upward, always!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm not unhappy with my body now. I think I'm sexy as is. However some strong arms would be nice; I'm sick of taking five trips to the car for groceries, I wanna carry all that junk at once.

Also fit into a smaller wedding dress.