will you ever be happy with your body?

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I have always been happy with my body.

Wow, lucky you, your reply inspired me to read your profile. Hope you can manage to keep on keeping on with your attitude, if it works for you then great!
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The reason so many of your young children have messed up ideas about weight is because they are taught that their body has to be a certain way. The whole reason for losing weight should be to be healthier and more active so you can spend more time with your family. Be happy with the accomplishments that you have attained.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm super happy with my body! It's not perfect but so what? I have scars, I've had two large kids, I've gained/lost weight over the years, I've had surgeries, but that's called life! My body runs, jumps, pumps iron, does yoga and the brain is smart. It wears the same size year after year. I gave up dieting and exercising a few years ago and instead took up eating right and running as a way of life. I love it! What's not to like about a body that gives its all day after day?
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    I'm content with it as it's the only one I will ever have.
    just want it with less fat .
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it....I don't think I'll ever see myself how other's do
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I think this pretty much sums it up:

busted-can-of-biscuits_thumb_zpsbc70f923.png

It has so much more to do with mood than it does my actual body...some days I feel sexy and desirable and some days I feel like a lump.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    If you're not happy with yourself now, you won't be happy at your goal weight. Happiness isn't measured in pounds (or the lack of them). It's measured in achievements and what you've been able to give.

Even when I hated the way my body looked, I couldn't hate it because it has given me my children. And when I ran a 10k on Saturday, I didn't really care how much I weighed as I passed the 5 mile marker.

^^ This.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It was more my lack of fitness that bothered me than body aesthetics. I thought I looked ok enough, even at my high weight, and realized that how I look was a very small fragment of who I am.

I did NOT like, however, that I had little endurance and was very injury prone. I've changed that, and I'm proud of myself for doing that.

There's always going to be things I want to improve, but those aren't going to stand in the way of happiness.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Most likely not. I was thin when I was in my twenties and thought I was so fat. I look back on pictures now and long for those days. Now I have gained and lost so much weight over the years, even with exercise and eating right, I think I have messed up my skin forever. Only time will tell. I still have a ways to go to see.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I love my body, and I'm happy with it.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Only when I can walk around shirtless...
  • Hollyhobby22
    Hollyhobby22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am happy with and excited about how my body looks now. I cant wait to see what i look like at my goal.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much at my original goal weight, and I am not completely happy with my body. I am comfortable with it and much happier than I was, but I've realized that I still have a lot of work to go to get to my goal.

I decided to consider my body a constant work in progress. Right now I'm still focusing on losing fat and that might be my main goal for the rest of summer, but after that I'm going to continue trying to improve my fitness! It might take me a while, but I will achieve my dream body. I've worked really hard to get to where I am now, so there's no reason to settle for average.

I haven't had any kids, but I also have stretch marks. I think almost everyone has them, and time really helps fade them a lot!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    i don't think being happy with your body really has anything to do with your body. i think it much more has to do with your mind. i never had any problems with my body at my high weight...and i doubt i will as i reach my goals. i really wish more people could feel the same way. it's sad.
    You have a good point. For me, I view my body and myself differently. I am not 100% happy with my body right now, there's still a lot that I want to change, but I am happy with myself. I like who I am and how I feel about myself is not dependent on my body!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I am content with my body, but I still have goals that I am striving toward.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I am content with my body, but I still have goals that I am striving toward.

Exactly this. I'm not done, but I have achieved acceptance.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    No. When I lose my weight I will have excess skin. I am so not looking forward to it. But I did the damage to my body all these years, so it's the price I have to pay
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes and no; I am superhappy to be alive and as well as I am healthwise, and also would love to be maybe 40 pounds lighter, firmer, in great shape, and young-looking and gorgeous all the time. It may happen, but even if it doesn't, I still have got it made compared to how bad my health has been at times!!!!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I think this pretty much sums it up:

busted-can-of-biscuits_thumb_zpsbc70f923.png

It has so much more to do with mood than it does my actual body...some days I feel sexy and desirable and some days I feel like a lump.
    I can definitely relate to that :laugh:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Yep. i've been tremendously blessed with good genes, good metabolism, no major defects or disfigurements, etc. so i realize how truly lucky i am. also i work very hard every day to make it better, and it shows! there are things about my body that i'm not super excited about (fibromyalgia, bad hair, bad nails, no boobs, too skinny, etc) but those things don't bother me unduly. i'm hot and healthy and i LOVE it! :love: :drinker: :blushing: