will you ever be happy with your body?

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Happy? Maybe.

Satisfied and finished or ready to maintain? Nope.

^ Exactly what Dan said.

I'll never be finished. Ever.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not sure.
    I feel like it's a human flaw not to be completely satisfied.

When I reach my goal weight, there are undoubtably still aspects of myself that I "wish" were different, but are natural and I wouldn't be able to change.
  • emilygray7165
    emilygray7165 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think you need to love your body in order to make it better. Otherwise, you're almost trying to punish it. Love yourself, it's really important! Look in the mirror every day and find things you like about yourself.
    Personally, i'm growing to love my body. I see it improve every day and I know that loving myself is the reason for these improvements!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Once I finally get to the point where I'm happy with my weight. I will want to gain more strength, and a more developed muscular body.

so many people have this wrong. you should be already strength training!!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Happiness is a choice we make. There are days I am quite happy with the changes in my body and other days I fixate on the few things that just won't be "perfect" and then I am unhappy. I generally focus on choosing happy and realizing that no matter WHAT I do, I will never be a 19 year old centerfold.....ever. So, for a 41 year old mom of two who can comfortably wear a bikini to the beach, wears a size6 and runs half marathons, I'm quite pleased with my body and what it can and does allow me to do!

edit:typo

This attitude WINS!
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My body will never be perfect and that's not my expectation. I'm happy with my body now, I was happy with it before. That doesn't mean I don't want to strive to have it be the best it can be. But I'm happy with it. I'm happy it's here, and that it carries me through all the tasks I ask it to do, and that it's starting to look pretty good in clothes. I look at it like my salary. I'm happy with my salary now, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want a raise. And at what point would my salary be high enough that I'd never want more? I'm perfectly content with my body as is. But I'd also be content with some improvements. But I don't strive for perfection.

^^This^^

It's my body and it does amazing things
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    In my clothes I'm very happy with the way I look and I still have 20-30 pounds to go to be at the body fat I'd like to achieve to be healthy (currently 27.2%, would like to be around 22%). Bare naked in front of the mirror I still see stretch marks, fat, cellulite and loose skin. Do I wish that could change - yes - but my husband and I are the only ones seeing that side of me and he's happy with it so why shouldn't I be?

Happiness is a state of mind and a choice. I choose to control what I can control and let go of the things I can't. I can control what I eat and how much I exercise. I can't control the damage I've already done (cellulite, stretch marks and loose skin) so why worry about it?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If you're not happy with yourself now, you won't be happy at your goal weight. Happiness isn't measured in pounds (or the lack of them). It's measured in achievements and what you've been able to give.

Even when I hated the way my body looked, I couldn't hate it because it has given me my children. And when I ran a 10k on Saturday, I didn't really care how much I weighed as I passed the 5 mile marker.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have always been happy with my body.
  • Allonsee
    Allonsee Posts: 4
    Options
    What I think is interesting is how many people confidently say that they won't be. I will admit that I don't understand disliking yourself as a point of pride.

Generally, I am pretty happy with the way I look and as I get older I'm grateful because I'm holding my ground well.

Eat well because it fuels you, move because it feels good, dress in a way that makes you feel good. Laugh your goofy laugh and cry ugly cries because it is just YOU.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I love my body right now, but as a single gal who wants to find a guy and start a family, I'm wondering how I'd look after I have a baby or two.
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    I'll never reach a goal of being "happy" with my body, but along the way I'm happy when I feel like I'm improving myself. I get upset with myself if I feel like I'm letting myself go.

Like many others have said, there will always be something else to improve on no matter what you achieve. And I think that's a good thing.

When we stop trying, we start dying!
  • cashcash12
    cashcash12 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love it and my aim is to have a six pack @ 60 yrs too :-)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Flip the coin.

Do you look at other people, body wise, facially, or reading about actors/actresses, millionaires and so on?

Of course you do :tongue: :tongue: Are any of those people totally happy 100% most likely not.

Try your best to be the best you can be in every way, not just physically but in every aspect of your life.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    nope...and it's funny-I've lost 50, but am more dissatisfied now than I was then...don't get me wrong-am happy and feel much better, but am now much more critical of myself..yeah, I know it's stupid
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot closer to happy than I was before.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    For many of us who experienced extreme weight loss, the definition for "happy with our body" becomes a little skewed. All said, yes I am happier with my "new" body after losing (in total) a little over 85 pounds (the weight fluctuates a couple of pounds daily)... but I traded fat and a size 18 for sagging skin and a size 0. Let's face it, as we age our skin is not as elastic as in our youth... stretch that skin by years of overeating; no matter how much exercise and weight loss, you are left with that deflated balloon appearance. Yes, I am happier with the increased energy and health benefits, not to mention my improved appearance in a size 0, however, you put that size 0 in skimpy clothes and the picture is not so pretty! I think we need to move beyond the thought of being happy with our new body and learn to accept (and be happy with) the improvements that come with the changes.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm ok with my body, but not terribly happy with it.

I mean, I lost a lot of weight, but because I was so big my body is just not tight in the tummy, thighs, or arms and I do get sad that no matter how much weight I lose, I still would never wear a bikini in public.
  • carriespence1
    carriespence1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am. Don't get me wrong I'm wonderfully flawed. I too have stretch marks (4 kids) scars galore, I am clumsy and have always been athletic. However thanks to this body I have been able to do anything I wanted enough to work for. It has hung in there through yrs. Of my abuse and I love it!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will ever be 100% happy with it.