What was your very first car?

Options

Replies

• Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    A 1987 Honda Accord LX stick shift hand-me-down from my sister that I never really got to drive because, well...my dad's an *kitten*. :grumble:
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    silver Renault.:grumble:
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    198? Honda Accord that lasted me all of 2 weeks..... :grumble:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    79 pea green chevette with cancer spots all over it
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I had an '85. It was a perfect car (depending on perspective of course) for before seatbelt laws... We'd cram four in the back, two sitting on the back/top of the back seat, like they were in a pageant, or something...
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    1973 Ford Gran Torino Sport
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    1967 Bimmer 1600, aka the grey ghost. Grey because that was its color, ghost because it haunted the mechanic's shop.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    1972 Orange Pontiac LeMans Convertible. Now I have my dream car a 2005 Chevy Corvette 6 speed. (ok my dream car would be a 1963 split window coupe corvette).
  • nrod1988
    nrod1988 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    a white 1996 toyota corolla dx
  • jumpingsquare
    jumpingsquare Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix that the speedometer was incorrect exponentially (the faster you went, the more wrong it was) and the odometer would sometimes stop, sometimes fly forwards a few miles and sometimes removes miles from the engine. LOL

Never had to pay for an emissions test on the sucker.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Blue Datsun 200sx. I think it was a 78 or something like that.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    '67 Chevy Camaro w/factory air, 327, automatic...added a Craig 8 Track and 2 Jenzen rear speakers. Yellow body with a black vinyl top. Totally restored it when I was 16 (summer 1974) with my Dad. Very fond memories. Yes, back then we could afford to pay that out of our own pockets with jobs. Idiot for selling it. :noway:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    A 1979 Plymouth Arrow Jet. Spitfire orange and flat black with a stick shift. I lived on a curvy gravel road and loved driving that car as fast as I could through those turns! I ended up totalling it on a straight stretch of paved road because someone turned in front of me. It was before seat belt laws so I was ejected from the driver's seat through the passenger window. I'm lucky to be alive!

Wow, you really are.
  • nasoj007
    nasoj007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The first car I ever owned was a '78 Mustang II... First car that I owned and actually managed to put on the road was a '81 VW Rabbit. I miss the old Rabbit, roof leaked, no exhaust, would randomly die but if you waited 5 mins it would fire back up and be fine... best POS car ever.
  • MerBear1985
    MerBear1985 Posts: 131
    Options
    1997 Chrysler Intrepid that I got when my dad passed away. First car I bought was a 2008 Mazda3. Not very exciting :(
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    1973 Ford Gran Torino Sport

My dad had a green Torino in the early 70's with the manual transmission on the steering column.
    First and only time I've seen that.
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    used black Turismo 2.2. Don't know the year. Rack and pinion (Spelling?) steering. Low to the ground and hard to turn the wheel when not in drive. LOVED IT!!!!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    The first car I ever owned was a '78 Mustang II... First car that I owned and actually managed to put on the road was a '81 VW Rabbit. I miss the old Rabbit, roof leaked, no exhaust, would randomly die but if you waited 5 mins it would fire back up and be fine... best POS car ever.

I love how people are "missing" their old POS cars :laugh:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    '67 Chevy Camaro w/factory air, 327, automatic...added a Craig 8 Track and 2 Jenzen rear speakers. Yellow body with a black vinyl top. Totally restored it when I was 16 (summer 1974) with my Dad. Very fond memories. Yes, back then we could afford to pay that out of our own pockets with jobs. Idiot for selling it. :noway:

:sad:
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    brown Maverick don't recall the year, First car I purchased was a 1987 red Chevy Sprint oohh so proud!!!