Ok! How does cortisol stop fat loss, make you lose muscle mass, make you burn few calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    mrhonesty, when part of a community, it's best to follow the rules/guidelines in place. See post linked below from the mods re: flagging and reporting

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest
  • taylorblade
    taylorblade Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Lol.... Hyman. Annnyways, Taylor. I don't know you from previous posts, but have you gotten bloodwork from your doctor? Have you been talking about these concerns?

Yes m'a
    Bella0531 wrote: »
    You need to see your MD. The only way to truly tell if you have elevated cortisol is with a blood test AND a 24-hour urine collection by an endocrinologist. If the blood test comes back elevated, the urine test will tell which type of cortisol is elevated (free or attached). I know, I've had to do both tests due to high cortisol. It hasn't hindered my weight loss. I do carry a bit more in my stomach 'pooch' and that might be why, but there's no reason you can't lose weight with high cortisol.
    So pretty much your saying even if I have high cortisol I can lose weight but not belly fat???