Going from 191lb to 200lb in two months Lean mass

Options

Replies

• YanierAlvarez
    Options
    5 years lifting. And here is the before and after.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I recognize a costco run. Stupid question, how long does the asparugus last. I skipped buying it because there was a ton and some produces goes so bad so quickly...

And you look like you've had great progress with your bulk.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Oooh, I recognize a costco run. Stupid question, how long does the asparugus last. I skipped buying it because there was a ton and some produces goes so bad so quickly...

Asparagus can be very expensive, so when I see it on special offer I freeze it and use as required.
    http://www.asparagus-lover.com/freezing-asparagus.html

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

And you look like you've had great progress with your bulk.

Store it in cups of water. Lasts longer if you cut the ends off as well.

OP, that's a lot of rice and Special K lol.
    I prefer Honey Nut Cherrios
    Also you look like a guy I went to college with =]
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the lean bulk. Not sure how many weeks it took but solid results in any event.
  • YanierAlvarez
    Options
    Sorry guys. I belibe you miss understood me. Those gains took me 5 years to get them. My new goal is get to 200lb in two months. And thanks everyone.
  • YanierAlvarez
    Options
    @lishie_rebooted nice tip thank you!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    That's 2 months apart? I don't think so.

I read that as before 5 years- and after 5 years.
    -
    Definitely solid work.

Shopping cart looks delicious- I need to start buying more salmon and learn how to fricking cook it- I pretty much eat chicken- chicken- chicken and baby dead chicken. and that's it.

Also asparagus- how much did that run you? It's like 3.99 for a small bundle (which lasts me exactly one meal- and I'm sad)

I LURV asparagus.
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Good work. I wish you luck. While I think it might be possible to add 9 pounds in two months, making it all lean mass will probably be difficult. I don't want to think of the time or the food required!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You could add some weight in 2 months...but it won't be 9lbs of lean mass...it would be 7-8 or so lbs of fat and 1-2 ish lbs of lean mass (and honestly, I really doubt it would be that much) and that's if you are hitting it hard, with a great diet and good building program under you.

You've been sculpting for 5 years already...gains will be slow....
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    Curious about the asparugus price also. Here at the supermarket it's ridiculous at this time of year. 4.99 a pound. Last week it was 5.99 a pound. Just insane.

its getting closer to asparagus season. its like late March to April for it to be cheaper.

I <3 asparagus as well so I'm looking forward to it. it was rrrecently 2.99$/lb here in Maine so I snagged some

and Jo, I'm so with you on the chicken thing. I'm making homemade fishsticks next week and steak. so sick of chicken haha
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Curious about the asparugus price also. Here at the supermarket it's ridiculous at this time of year. 4.99 a pound. Last week it was 5.99 a pound. Just insane.

yeah- i eat a lot of frozen veggies- it works better for my schedule and my life. I think one of the companies sells frozen asparagus- but I am a little scared to try it- its' expensive and every time I deviate from my normal "range" of veggies- I wind up disappointed and throwing stuff away. And asparagus seems like it would be like green peppers- better fresh.
    and Jo, I'm so with you on the chicken thing. I'm making homemade fishsticks next week and steak. so sick of chicken haha

you know- lucky me- my BF dearest likes a lot of steak- and since he's only here once a week- and eats like a 5 year old in his spare time + cold cuts (I think I have brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts on top of my fridge at this point- because of him!!! fortunately I don't really like poptarts- and they are up high so I didn't even notice them for a week but)- all that to say- he usually also wants to go out to eat- so usually once a week I get a reprieve from the chicken or ground turkey onslaught. We'll do a steak house one night- and then the local mexican place the other night.

But yeah- I eat a lot of chicken- it's easy- and I'm boring. I don't mind it typically since I get a once a week really rich delux break with heavy butter ladden steaks... but I could stand to add some salmon- or something. Definitely.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

yeah- i eat a lot of frozen veggies- it works better for my schedule and my life. I think one of the companies sells frozen asparagus- but I am a little scared to try it- its' expensive and every time I deviate from my normal "range" of veggies- I wind up disappointed and throwing stuff away. And asparagus seems like it would be like green peppers- better fresh.

you know- lucky me- my BF dearest likes a lot of steak- and since he's only here once a week- and eats like a 5 year old in his spare time + cold cuts (I think I have brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts on top of my fridge at this point- because of him!!! fortunately I don't really like poptarts- and they are up high so I didn't even notice them for a week but)- all that to say- he usually also wants to go out to eat- so usually once a week I get a reprieve from the chicken or ground turkey onslaught. We'll do a steak house one night- and then the local mexican place the other night.

But yeah- I eat a lot of chicken- it's easy- and I'm boring. I don't mind it typically since I get a once a week really rich delux break with heavy butter ladden steaks... but I could stand to add some salmon- or something. Definitely.

pictsweet does the frozen asparagus. its good. I've been doing frozen veggies more often because its winter, I'm lazy, and I've been skiing instead of food prepping
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Maybe that's who it is. I've tried their cracked peppercorn and "lightly seasoned" veggies before and it's just way to much for me. Despite the amount of butter I use regularly- their seasoned veggies are to much-and I think the asparagus is seasoned- which might be another reason I shied away. I'll look again.

LOL_ was thinking of you the other day- I bought a heavier zip up jacket (heavier than a standard indoor working out number) at TJMaxx- I was taking off the tags last night and realized it was a running jacket. LOL. I'm trying so hard to be a none running runner.

I do frozen 90% of the time I'd say. I like zucchini fresh- and my peppers fresh- but everything else is manageable frozen. Take the whole steamable bag in to work and just eat the whole thing. Apparently it's "rabbit food" lulz
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Maybe that's who it is. I've tried their cracked peppercorn and "lightly seasoned" veggies before and it's just way to much for me. Despite the amount of butter I use regularly- their seasoned veggies are to much-and I think the asparagus is seasoned- which might be another reason I shied away. I'll look again.

LOL_ was thinking of you the other day- I bought a heavier zip up jacket (heavier than a standard indoor working out number) at TJMaxx- I was taking off the tags last night and realized it was a running jacket. LOL. I'm trying so hard to be a none running runner.

I do frozen 90% of the time I'd say. I like zucchini fresh- and my peppers fresh- but everything else is manageable frozen. Take the whole steamable bag in to work and just eat the whole thing. Apparently it's "rabbit food" lulz

I don't like their peppercorn ones too much but the others I've tried are good.

the asparagus is seasoned. Schzuwen or however it's spelled. it wasn't bad. I think there is a plain one tho...

and AWWW you own an awful lot of running clothes now Jo! become one of us! =P

I eat the whole bag/box as well lol