McDonalds

Options

Replies

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten McDonalds food-food (Ice cream cone mmm) in years. Well...I think last year my Love brought me home some chicken nuggets (my favorite food in the whooollee wide world!) from there. But as far as fries, burgers, sandwiches, sides...etc go. Nadda.
  • jennyjaree
    jennyjaree Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I never get up early enough to stop for breakfast, but this morning I stopped and grabbed an "Egg White Delight" it was pretty good! 250Cal
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Nobody has ever tried to give me free McDonald's. I need a new job.

Seriously! No one even offers to pick up McDonald's for me, and it's too far to walk there and make it back to work in half hour (I can't drive).

I find it easier to eat something reasonable (calorie-wise, anyway) at McDonald's than most of the sit-down restaurants.

• mrengineer001
    Options
    Wow I can't remember last time I gad McDonalds !!!
    I am a chocoholic lol and a salt snack lol.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It's weird how we all have our own specific cravings. I can't remember the last time I was at a McDonald's, and not out of any specific sort of willpower; it just never occurs to me to go.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    NicoleS9 wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    This thread made me really want a big mac..... Gunna go get how many cals and macros I have left for the day

I have not had a big mac in years. Close to a decade I think. I used to get them all the time. They are so good.

Agreed- I can't remember the last time I had one...or even the last time I had McDonalds

It is funny how when you go back and try something ages later, it just doesn't taste good anymore or like you remember it. I bet if you tried something from there now, it wouldn't live up to the memory.

This is so true. I've stopped trying things I remember fondly from my youth that I haven't had in years. Too many many memories destroyed.
  • loganboo2
    loganboo2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

+1 What are these magical McDonald's cheese sticks of which you speak?

Hmm maybe it's only at certain mcdonalds. I live in Florida and sure enough 3 cheese sticks for a dollar. Lmao.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    The only reason I go to McDonalds is for my pre and post workout coffee.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    Every year is McDonald's free, for me.

Lol same. Last couple of times I ate there I got sooooo sick. =( So no more Mickey D's for me.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I can't even eat at McDonald's. Only thing I get is their coffee because it's only a buck.
  • FenTiger89
    FenTiger89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I get a happy meal once in a great while. The portions are small and I get a cool toy to play with.

Yep...I'm that shallow some days. :p
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yuck. I haven't eaten at McDonald's in years. If you want to go for it, just make sure it fits into your goals, that's what matters in the end.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    When we take a road trip up to our cabin, the only feasible option along the way is McDonald's at a certain point (because they are nearly everywhere! ) I discovered I can order the $1.29 side salad with a separate grilled chicken breast for $1.59..... Add in the low~ fat balsamic dressing and I get a satisfying meal for 185 cal, 2g Fat, 7g Carb, 24g Protein....... All for a cost well half of their regular specialty salads :)
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What state has a cheese stick???? Its not Wisconsin.... Maybe a Beer batter cheese stick! HA!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    olyjok wrote: »
    What state has a cheese stick???? Its not Wisconsin.... Maybe a Beer batter cheese stick! HA!

HAHAHA.... Actually they test market different products in different regions. I think I saw the mozzarella cheese sticks at a McDonald's on a trip last summer in the N.Y./ New Jersey area ?
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    olyjok wrote: »

HAHAHA.... Actually they test market different products in different regions. I think I saw the mozzarella cheese sticks at a McDonald's on a trip last summer in the N.Y./ New Jersey area ?

Don't eat! It's disgusting! One of the main reasons I stopped eating there. They took something great that I ate at bars into something that tasted like cardboard with sharty cheese.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    loganboo2 wrote: »
    I went through the drive through and got my husband two double cheeseburgers and cheese sticks. I didn't get anything for myself. At home he left the cheese sticks on the counter and I ate one. After fiding out it didn't taste nearly as good as I thought, it made me never want to eat it again! I beat myself up about it but I said "hey it was only a cheese stick and not 2 burgers, fries, and a soda!" After that I just don't crave it anymore! Lesson learned! From having no sugar and limited carbs my taste buds have changed dramatically! Just keep healthy stuff ready and in reach!

Cheese sticks?! At McDonald's?! I need to move.

This was my thought too.

+1 What McDonalds are you going to?

• loganboo2
    loganboo2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Don't eat! It's disgusting! One of the main reasons I stopped eating there. They took something great that I ate at bars into something that tasted like cardboard with sharty cheese.

It really does taste like cardboard, the marinara was pretty bad too. Lol