To the losers who yelled "fat a**" when running

Options

Replies

• Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This is the reason that I don't go to the gym or even walk outside... people can be butt heads at times :grumble:

O Sweetie, don't let them get in your way. I have been amazed by how much support I have found when running/walking outside. I have strangers at the park tell me I am doing great and keep up the good work.

Don't get me wrong, I have had hecklers in the past...a particular walk home from finals in college comes to mind, but I digress. But you have to know that those haters don't matter a lick. If you want to be outside...rock it! If someone else doesn't like it, it's their problem, not yours.
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like this. It's funny, since trying to get healthier, I've noticed people of many different sizes out for runs. Whenever I pass them in my car, "Hey fat a**" is never in my thoughts to yell. It's more like, "Way to go!" I mean, I'm in my car, you're outside sweating your *kitten* off.

Especially when it is very very hot out! I have even said outloud, "Aren't they dying from the heat!"
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i AGREE THET ARE JEALOUS CAUSE IN THEIR HEAD THEY WISHED THEY HAD THE COURAGE TO DO JUST THAT./
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, OP. I will send a friend invite from the quality of that rockin' post. And keep at it, don't quit!
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just remember Karma is a bi Tch. Some day this will be the guy wheezing for air trying to make it up those last few stairs. He'll be the one choking for air on that last chicken wing.

As for you Sir! I commend you for your attitude. You get it! You have awesome motivation and great goals.

Keep working hard... as that guy who used to be you, I know exactly how you feel. At my peak, I weighed over 325 pounds and was singled out, ostracized, laughed at and criticized. 100 pounds later...I now kick sand of the faces of bullies who yell "Fat @$$" out their car windows.

You've got this! Keep up the hard work!

Very true. And by the way great job on your weight loss.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You are doing an awesome job getting out there. F*** them. They are just jealous and worthless that they need to put someone else down to make themselves feel better.

I say next time carry a rock with you and throw it at the next person who talks s**t to you.
  • Taylor0212
    Taylor0212 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to them! I used to get stares while running at the gym, and not the good kind. But here's the thing. You are changing your body, and working hard for it. Props to you for running! Thats how I lost 20 pounds this summer! Keep up the great work, you can do it!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow! You have already lost 83lbs that is amazing. And good for you for beign proud of your progress and happy your family. B/C instead of letting that guy take you down you made him build you up! Best of luck reaching your goal weight!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat *kitten* runner too! Cheers!!!

:heart:
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    So I was doing my 5k run last night. I run around my neighborhood for 3.5 to 4 miles (3.10 miles and then a cool down). I am running and some car comes driving by and some guys sticks his head out the window and yells something about me being a "fat a**". Okay so a few points

1. I already know I am fat but thanks for showing me you can see.
    2. I am sorry your life sucks so much you have to try to make other people feel bad while they are working out.
    3. You looked a bit chubby yourself, maybe you should come join me.
    4. Let's see you get out and run 3.5 to 4 miles 3 to 4 days a week.
    5. Okay so maybe you are running that many miles or more now let's see you do it with 120+ pounds of extra weight. I doubt you would even think about getting out there.
    6. I am not doing this to get your Approval and I am doing this for me, My son and Wife. Who the hell cares what you think.
    7. Go sit at home and do nothing since you seem to have nor form of entertainment. I am training for my next 5k's which will help women with Breast Cancer, Children hospitals, Diabates and many other diffrent places that will be raising money.
    8. When I am done with my run I will go hang out with my loving faimly as that is my entertainment.
    9. Go get a life and let me run in peace while I listen to my music, which was buffering at the time so I had to listen to your stupid comment.
    The point is, I know I am fat but I won't be for much longer and I will go enjoy my life while it seems you will need to search for something else to do because in 6 - 10 month's I won't be the "fat *kitten*" running because I won't be fat then.

:smile:

/\/\/\/\ This. Standing ovation from me to you!!
  • blackjax007
    Options
    Those are the times that you need a sticky grenade.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    People are so dumb. Keep it up. You are awesome.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If someone calls you fat, answer this:
    In 6m to a year, I will be slim. But you, my friend, will still be as stupid as you are today. And continue to walk/run.
    Their face is priceless =) *win*
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see someone running (regardless of size) I am always thinking "good for you!".... "Hey fatass" never crosses my mind... how disappointing that people like that live in this world...

You can lose the fat... but he will always be stupid... Good for you for keeping your head up and looking at the positive and remembering why you are doing this in the first place...
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Sunnyme, you are so right!!:happy:
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    So frustrating when people do things like that and I agree with all the posts. Your doing the right and healthy thing so just ignore them.
  • DylansMom312
    DylansMom312 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can change fat. You can't change *kitten*, LOL. Seriously, who says crap like that? I never once think that when I see anyone running. I'm more impressed they're out there doing it despite size, age, whatever.
    Just think you won't always be a fat a--, but he'll always be an a--hole.

Congrats on your great work!
  • BettyIW
    BettyIW Posts: 103
    Options
    You are a CHAMPION and a great example!

I've not had anyone say anything like that to me but when I was riding my bicycle some kids started yelling, 'Look at the old lady ride a bicycle, LOOK AT THAT OLD LADY RIDE A BIKE!' Damn brats! I am 63 years old--it's not ancient in my book!

But this 'old lady' rode 23 miles in two hours. So there! LOL
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    People are very rude.......................................
  • Pammy1017
    Options
    People who do things like that are clearly unhappy with themselves - F them and their ignorance!

Keep doing you! You are doing a great job!!!