To the losers who yelled "fat a**" when running

Options

Replies

• Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I laugh at people like that. Their lives are so miserable and misguided that they have to try to make others feel bad to make themselves feel better. Karma will come around and take a big bite of their semi-bony *kitten*. What you put out there, comes back three-fold.:laugh:

Keep on going and pay no mind to the useless douche nuggets of the world.:wink:
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K and I am sure I will get comments like that at some point. I totally agree with all the "*kitten* 'EM's". I am glad you kept going. Now the challenge will be to get back out there and run again (well - it would be for me anyways). You've got this!!!

I saw this the other day and found it helpful for situations like this. It was a Zen proverb that said "Let go or be dragged." Hope it helps you as well.

Oh I will be out there again today or tomorrow! I have some new UnderArmour Spines I want to break in and the GYM does not break them in that well.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and good luck on the C25K. I love that program.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Great attitude!!! As a fellow larger male runner, I salute you buddy! Keep up the good work.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFZS_ebXgVKK7_x-E99IrHlhSLMLJnOOEaiD5lfgUA0XXbMcoX
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Go you!!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    good work and great attitude.

Seeing others (whether small or large) is always an inspiration and motivation for me to keep moving so keep it up!
  • fatboymax
    Options
    I could strangle people who say terrible, nasty things like that. In fact when I was younger I did get into a pretty nasty fight with a girl who was doing that type of behavior in phys ed classes, but that's a different story for a different day, lol.

I would really like to hear this story!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how rude people are! I honestly think that people are so rude because it makes them feel good about themselves. good for you for not letting it have a negative affect on you! I applaud you, Sir!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    This seriously made me cry....A) Because people are so damn cruel and it pisses me off. B) You have an amazing attitude! You could have let it get you down or you could have quit altogether! You are an amazing inspiration!!!

I can remember going out with friends one night and one of the guys said something about why fat chicks even go to the gym....Ok, 1..I'm a fat chick, dumbass. 2..Did you ever stop to think that they're in the gym to IMPROVE themselves and no longer be the fat chick??? WTF?!
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Let me just say...I wish you lived closer to me...I need an awesome running buddy!!! WONDERFUL job!!!!

I hope I dont ramble too much- I passed a very large man running every morning as I went to work...he could barely move, and his "run" was nothing more than a modified walk, and a very slow walk at that...I passed him for MONTHS....and every time I passed him...I wanted to stop and tell him how incredibly proud I was of him for taking control over his life...( at this time...I was not doing ANY form of exercise at all...) He quietly, and without even knowing so, inspired me each time I saw him...he "ran" alone...no ipod...not radio...just doing his thing!

I stopped seeing him for a long time...and wondered if he had given up...UNTIL...last month...I saw this VERY fit and very trim man running along the side of the road on my way home...IT WAS HIM....He must have dropped 200 pounds... I pulled over...and told him about all the times I had wanted to say thank you to him...how inspiring he was...and how incredibly proud I was of his commitment! He teared up....

So....you keep doing your thing!! For every suckish person out there...I bet you are inspiring 10 others!!!!

Wow. What an amazing story and so very true. Where I live, I won't be able to have a story exactly like that (way out in the country and my commute to work is an hour of highway) but MFP is that experience for me. I see people on here doing their thing and I'm so PROUD of them. The simple WTG and GJ just doesn't cut it but it's so hard to express online just how inspiring people are! This post is amazing! We've taken the negative stupidity and turned it into something positive. I actually just had a horrible run (I use the term 'run' very loosely) and was thinking of taking a break. If you wont let some Dumbass ruin your run, I'm not going to let the smell of skunk and cow dung ruin mine. I'll be back out there tomorrow....and the next day. This is MY time.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm glad you're taking it well.

Keep kicking *kitten*.
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    Way to go!

I've never received any comments like that, but I do get stared at quite often by people driving by when I go to the park to run. They never say anything, just stare. The other people walking don't really say anything either, besides an occasional "Good morning" or "How are you?"
    I don't understand why people act the way they do sometimes. Seriously, this person is out there busting their butt, and you feel compelled to say something like that? I don't get it.
    Some people have always been rude and will always be rude. Don't let it get to you. The only person they're making look bad is themselves, and karma is a (insert expletive of choice here).
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'd keep running...with both middle fingers up. But I'm vulgar like that.

Way to stay committed. =)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! Yelling at you while riding his fat a** in a car! Geez...
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I live in a tourist town and have heard local idiots yell stuff like that to very fit runners. It is my firm belief that they know they can't handle a run, so they feel like they need to bring the runners down. I love your post. Ignore them, you get the last laugh while they sit at home on the couch.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Some people suck. And I will never understand why people make fun of others who are *working out* and obviously trying to improve their health. You are taking it much better than I did. Nine years ago, two months after I gave birth to my twins, I started running again. I had gained 85lbs with that pregnancy. I stopped to buy gas on my way home from the trail, and a group of guys approached me. One asked, "Have you been working out?" I said yes. They all started laughing and said, " Good, cause you need to."

I rushed back to my car and cried the entire way home, but I was young then. If someone said that to me today, I'm confident I would at least have the presence of mind to kick them in the nuts.

Congrats on running and getting fit! You are absolutely right to ignore them.

I think if I was 10 years or more younger it would of hit me that way as well. I was more annoyed that my music was having issues so I stopped about 5 minutes later to grab my phone to restart my music app.

I'm 43 and if someone was that mean to me to my face I know it would still make me tear up...but I hope I would also have the ability to keep my chin up and tell them to "*kitten* off"!
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    this just made me tear up...for 2 reasons- one that sad awful people like that exist that would say something so terrible to someone who is doing something great and positive and two that you are obviously such a strong confident person that you didn't even let it bother you and can even joke around about it. you're my hero ! **people throw rocks at things that shine**
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Men who dare to say anything negative about a woman's looks/weight better be a freaking Adonis himself. I hate douche canoes like that!
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Something I have noticed is when people do this...they are NEVER alone...there is always 3 or 4 people in the car with them. I really do not think a person alone in the car would do this. It is a mob mentality, let's impress my friends kind of thing.
  • biggergirlsrun2
    Options
    Just think you won't always be a fat a--, but he'll always be an a--hole.

Congrats on your great work!

I second that!

I'm right there with you! I was in the local newspaper last year because I wa straining to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) and raising money for the National Stroke Association in honor of my mother who has had 5 strokes in 10 years. A few days after the story was printed, i recieved an anonymous letter in the mail telling me I should be ashamed because I'm so over weight. Took the wind right out of my sails, but I didn't let it stop me!

I've been running for a year and I'm still carrying around about 60lbs extra that I need to get rid of, but even if I wasn't, I would NEVER look down on someone for going out and trying to make themselves healthier. The nerve of some people! Keep up the awesome work and know that you have a TON of people here, and I'm sure in your close life, who are supporting you!
  • melzenitram
    melzenitram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    this is precisely why i never even attempted running before. now that i started this c25k thing...i honestly didn't even think about anyone doing this to me. meh. whatever. i can't hear you anyway with my earphones in and my focus elsewhere. i like the way you think though...very true...i won't be a fat *kitten* forever...but those people will always be *kitten*. yay us!