To the losers who yelled "fat a**" when running

Options

Replies

• jennyb612
    Options
    Keep running and "F" the d-bag that said that. Stay motivated and keep putting on the miles.

Now I want to hit someone.................. Hmmmm......

This. Totally and completely this. YOU are awesome - keep running AND yay for your confidence.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Keep running Champ!
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Some people will always be ignorant. Jokes on them and the rest of us know it.
  • skyblu263
    skyblu263 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!! Keep it up! TOO HILARIOUS!
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I get "phat *kitten*!" ^_^
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    @ all the ignorant peple out there!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I've been called a Whale so I know how you feel. Congrats for continueing and good luck
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    Different Scenereo: I'm a fat *kitten* too, but I don't run, yet. I have enough trouble with my knees and ankles. I do walk though. I live in the country which makes my block 5 miles all the way around. I walk down to the corner and back which is 2 miles. I was out walking the other day and I had two of my neighbors stop and ask me if I needed help or a right somewhere! :happy:

Nice neighbors, nice living in a small community. :smile: I guess they just don't know what excercise is though.. :laugh:
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You are awesome in my book! !!!! Keep up the good work. With that attitude you will succeed & be happy in all that you do. As for the moron in the car. Karma is a b**ch.
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hell yes! I hate a-holes that yell at me when I'm running. I may be fat, I may be slow. But lets go do a 20 mile run and see who finishes first. It will be me. When you finally crawl across the finish line because you may be skinny but are not in shape, I will be there to kick you in the nuts. ..... wow.. maybe I have a little repressed anger over this topic.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I <3 you OP! Way to go! Keep running in spite of the *kitten*.
  • JessLov67
    Options
    I don't get it, because like what some people previously said, whenever I see someone working out I respect them and encourage them at least mentally. You have the balls to be out there. That's ridiculous. Keep going dude.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Wow....that's horrible that someone did that and good for you for being able to make light of if and confident enough to not let it bug you too much.

There have been times where I've seen rather heavy people jogging and I want to tell them "way to go....keep it up" I don't yell anything out the window but to myself, in the car I get really excited for them haha

I have had experiences with overweight, well actually an obese family member of mine making rude comments in the car about someone who is heavy out jogging. "Yea, better get to running there chubby" I just looked at her like she had two heads!! She's obese and makes no effort to lose weight, yet will insult people who are overweight. It's mindblowing. I did make a snide comment along the lines of, "well, at least that woman is doing something about it....good for her"

Great job with how far you've come and best of luck with the rest of your weight loss and maintenance!!!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    The sweetest revenge will be your health and happiness.... way to go on getting out there and not letting stupid crap like that bother you.
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    A lot of thoughts running through my head right now...in no particular order:

People have no respect for anyone or anything these days. (as for why that is, it's a whole other thread worthy discussion)
    Anger that people actually can live with themselves after saying this kind of *kitten*.
    Regardless of size, seeing ANYONE out there running motivates me to do the same.
    We all started somewhere, (overweight or whatever). I didn't wake up one morning and say "Holy *kitten*, I lost 40lbs over night, time to go for a run.
    Glad you DID NOT give him the satisfaction of letting it bother you or slow you down.
    Glad you are on my FL

(side note: Also glad you are a Dallas Stars fan and now stuck with Derek Roy :laugh: )
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

And sir, running a 5k 3 or 4 times a week is super impressive. I concur with all your points. Carry on, faster and stronger.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    KUDOS to you!!!

Been there, experienced that!

Keep on rocking! 5k is soon followed by 10k then things like a Spartan Race or a Tough Mudder.

If your experiences are anything similar to mine, the more you try and succeed. The more you will want to try and the more you will be astonished by what you can accomplish!

Lastly, it has also been my experience that for every ignoramus in the world there are a multitude of kind and generous people who will applaud, encourage and congratulate you as you continue your journey.

All the best on your journey!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I really enjoyed your post and can relate. I live in a college town so sometimes those kids are not so nice. Good job and keep it up.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Be proud of who you are and what you are doing for yourself and your family!

That guy is clearly a sad excuse for a human being! Use that kind of ignorance to motivate you! What a flippin jerk! I am so sorry you had to hear that! Just keep reminding yourself who the real *kitten* was out there!

Keep going Rockstar!!!!
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you were 100% accurate that the person was overweight and out of shape... people that are in shape, or are trying, NEVER make those comments. I get the same crap but the opposite spectrum... i've been given dirty looks when I jog and have had comment from overweight people because of what i look like now... little did they know i was obese 18 months ago! Everyone has to start somewhere and anyone trying is to be respected. That guy probably can't even walk a mile without being winded, cuz if he could then he wouldn't be judging! Keep at it and enjoy every step and know that I've yet to meet a runner that enjoyed their first mile...even if the next 12 are great, that first one always seems the worst :-)
    Good for you!!