To the losers who yelled "fat a**" when running

Options

Replies

• TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, let me just point out that you were RUNNING. Helloooooooo?!? And what were THEY doing, besides being idiots...?

It takes (excuse me for this term) balls to do what you're doing, and to work hard for something better for yourself. They obviously don't have any.
  • pshearer7777
    pshearer7777 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    *kitten* that guy. You have the right attitude about your running and you are doing it for the right reasons. I know TONS of "fit" people who couldn't run a mile, let alone 3-4. Keep doing what you're doing and I'm glad it isn't discouraging you!
  • MuscleJunkieK8
    Options
    Those type of people are just jealous. Way to go, I love the list :) I will think of that next time!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Excellent attitude. No doubt you will achieve your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This made me remember something that happened to me over two decades ago...I was walking up the steps of my high school when a girl (who I didn't know) walked by me and said "ewww."

Obviously, I never forgot that. BUT: I did lose 70 lbs shortly afterword, became an Army Infantryman three years later, won numerous PT awards, ran anywhere from 2 to 5 miles at a clip; introduced several people to CrossFIt, married a woman who (I think) would never have even looked at me if I didn't lose the weight, eventually bench pressed 325 pounds, and now train my own teenage boys to the military PT standard in anticipation of their own enlistments...while being 36 years old.

Sometimes, these selfish a*sholes have no idea what they start when they throw an offhanded comment our way.
  • baby_lovin_060206
    baby_lovin_060206 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was during my warm-up last night before my run when some woman yelled out her window "You're a FATTY" First I am not FAT I am a little overweight and two thanks for pissing me off I ran 4.5 miles last night my personal best. In your face woman.
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love those responses! Honestly I've just started running (more like trotting in intervals lol) and I'm always afraid something like that is going to happen to me (I have over 100 lbs to lose).

Don't be afraid. Just keep moving. It get's easier and blast music then you won't be distracted by some of this. =)
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    this is awesome, ppl are cruel and want to see others fail, kuddos to you for not letting it get you down, i run at the park and its amazing to me the mean things ppl do and say, i know they do it because they are not strong enough to get out there and do it themselves, because they are afriad some one is gonna come along and say the means things to them they are saying to others, but like you said you wont always be a fat @ss abd neither will I
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Just know there are people like me who see someone with extra weight out there running who are thinking "YAY!!! Go get it!!!" Runners are excited to see folks out there trying. Most people don't start off their running with the best physical form. It reminds me of myself when I started a little over a year ago! SO, my friend. . . Go GET IT!!!!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Agreed with everything you said. You're not a 'fat' anything. You're a champion!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Just think you won't always be a fat a--, but he'll always be an a--hole.

Congrats on your great work!

Well said! My thoughts exactly! Good job on your run! You're doing great and you're more of an inspiration to hundreds of people on here than you are a bother for ONE *kitten*.
  • high5girl
    high5girl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ugh! People are so rude and have no respect for one another these days. Ignore all the stupid and focus on what is important, YOU!
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow! How rude. I always think that's what people are thinking when they see me run, but nobody has said anything.

Keep running!!
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    "Let the haters be your motivators" :P
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I hope you are taking Marshal Arts and Kick Boxing too. Revenge is sweet.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Just think you won't always be a fat a--, but he'll always be an a--hole.

This!! Great work!! :drinker:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.....Keep doing what you're doing man. Seems like you're on the right track.
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It flabbergasts me that someone feels it's OK to act that way. I'm a firm believer in what comes around goes around. I was running/walking (wogging) my first half marathon and feeling quite low on myself because I couldn't run for very long and was already gassed early on when someone patted my shoulder and said "You're doing great!" as she passed me. Even behind me she could tell I was struggling and new how important words can be sometimes. I think more people need to do that to offset the jerks like you dealt with. I always listen to music and have it low enough where I can hear horns or something that may be important but loud enough that while I may hear someone yelling it's usually muffled and I can't understand it. So, I will always take it as encouragement even if they're calling me a fat a**! :D
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You sir have angels wings to help you FLY he has chains that will keep him DOWN. Just run and be free. I have probaly the same joke made but i CANT HEAR THEM CAUSE I HAVE HEADPHONES ON! HA HA.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    What a dumbass. Sorry this was said to you. People are so nasty. Great points you have there. Congratulations on losing 83 pounds. That is something to be truly proud of.

Run your heart out!