To the losers who yelled "fat a**" when running

Options

Replies

• bcopeland2005
    bcopeland2005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    People have absolutely no idea the power the words that come out of your mouth have! So senseless and foolish. I'm sorry that people have nothing better to do than bring you down when you trying to make your life better. This post wasn't all bad though.. your responses were pretty funny! Keep on doing what you do. =)
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    I love your response to the IDIOT on WHEELS! I can't believe grown people are still doing this. Kids maybe because they most of the time have inner self issues or don't know any better but adults smh. I've always honked and thumbs-upd the people I see running no matter the size, shape, age. I think running is admirable in so many ways. I always looked at it like they're doing something productive and to better themeselves...something I should have been doing years ago. You keep it up and keep going!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    #6 is my favorite. Great attitude! Keep it going! YOU ROCK!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Thanks! This is the main reason I got started anyway so I could be around for a long time and enjoy my family.

Likewise! I didn't want to die young like my dad did. I don't run but I walk (a lot) and cycle (both indoors and out) and when I see some of our ahem chubbier (being one of them I can say that :wink: ) neighbours out moving I think 'Way to go!' Lazy losers in their cars should just keep it zipped!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Here is a GREAT READ!!!

9 Reasons Why You Should No Longer Care About People’s Approval

http://www.purposefairy.com/5212/9-reasons-why-you-should-no-longer-care-about-peoples-approval/
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    The nerve of some people these days! I have just lost enough weight to start feeling confident about even trying to run so I would say that this is the one thing I am always worried about! Someone making a nasty comment and discouraging me from achieving my goals.

You are doing an amazing job and good for you for not caring about his comment! He is not worth a second thought! Congrats on the weightloss so far, you are really killin' it!
  • poshcouture
    Options
    WTG with the positive attitude and thank you I truly needed that! I'm always self-conscious when I'm running just for that very reason. Which is why I never run alone. People can be such jack@$$es.
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in Florida- anyone running outside is a freaking hero to me. Treadmill + A/C = love!

But, hey! You've already lost 83 pounds? That's great! :D

PS- Love that it was a chubby dude yelling it from a car to the runner. Genius. :laugh:

Hey I am in Texas and we are at 100+ the past 15 days. I just go out at 8:30 PM at night or later so it's like 93 by the time i get out there... to People in texas that is "cool"
  • petergarcia82
    Options
    By the way feel free to invite me as a friend. I can only do so many myself in one day. So many great people and encouraging I would like to have you all on my list.
  • petergarcia82
    Options
    Let me just say...I wish you lived closer to me...I need an awesome running buddy!!! WONDERFUL job!!!!

I hope I dont ramble too much- I passed a very large man running every morning as I went to work...he could barely move, and his "run" was nothing more than a modified walk, and a very slow walk at that...I passed him for MONTHS....and every time I passed him...I wanted to stop and tell him how incredibly proud I was of him for taking control over his life...( at this time...I was not doing ANY form of exercise at all...) He quietly, and without even knowing so, inspired me each time I saw him...he "ran" alone...no ipod...not radio...just doing his thing!

I stopped seeing him for a long time...and wondered if he had given up...UNTIL...last month...I saw this VERY fit and very trim man running along the side of the road on my way home...IT WAS HIM....He must have dropped 200 pounds... I pulled over...and told him about all the times I had wanted to say thank you to him...how inspiring he was...and how incredibly proud I was of his commitment! He teared up....

So....you keep doing your thing!! For every suckish person out there...I bet you are inspiring 10 others!!!!

Cheers to you for taking the time to say KUDOS to him. More of us should take the time to do that. You probably made his day (or week!). Just goes to prove you never know who is watching and who you unknowingly are influencing. I have had people tell me that my FB posts inspire them. I never even knew they were reading them because they don't comment.

Yes agreed. Amazing job doing that. That goes a long way
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why people are so cruel to others for no reason. It pisses me off! Screw what that loser said... He's probably just jealous that he can't run like you. You did an excellent job! Congratulations!
  • tomdVT
    tomdVT Posts: 30
    Options
    I like this. It's funny, since trying to get healthier, I've noticed people of many different sizes out for runs. Whenever I pass them in my car, "Hey fat a**" is never in my thoughts to yell. It's more like, "Way to go!" I mean, I'm in my car, you're outside sweating your *kitten* off.

I totally agree, same thing at the gym too. WTG now just keep going.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude !!
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'd rather see a fat guy running - than a fat guy at a buffet!!!
  • petergarcia82
    Options
    Holy smokes -- those guys must have monster mileage on their car -- they were in my neighborhood last month!
    Maybe they are on a country-wide tour? And I wonder what their tour T-shirts say?

This made me laugh!
  • mommaPeach72
    Options
    Wow...this post came at just the right time for me. I had posted a status about getting a lot of "stares" lately. I really try not to let it bother me, but sometimes it just does. The responses on here have helped me so much!!! OP, you truly are an inspiration. Keep up the great work!!!
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Seriously, what is wrong with our society when peopledo this to complete strangers? Well, you are right to be proud of yourself. And to twist an old Churchill (I think - history is not my strong suit), when you wake tomorrow, you will be leaner/stronger/fitter/thinner/more proud...he will still be a stupid, insecure a** h0le.

Cheers to you! :drinker:
  • andrearaquel48
    andrearaquel48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can't believe some a**hole yelled at you from a CAR while you were running!! You have a great attitude, and what terrific progress you've already made. And dude, out there running at 8:30 pm when it's 90 degrees out?! You're a rock star. Keep it up!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you but great job! I can't imagine what people who would say something like that feel about themselves .... ? :noway:
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have gotten the same thing for ages, even when I was barely overweight because where I live most of the people are a**holes. I usually yell back for them to get their fat a**es out of their car and go for a jog themselves.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wow...sorry you had to put up with that!

If I were choosing my "*kitten*" for the day, I'd rather have "fat" than "jack" any time!

You've inspired me to yell out the window at the next struggling runner I see on the road, but it will be to cheer them on and lift them up, not drag them down.