Kicked out of gym for doing renegage rows????

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I don't get how that's offensive... I've done those for years.

for PF that is the equivalent of doing a "body building routine"....I am being serious too ...
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I don't understand this thread. What's wrong with this exercise?

IF the gym in question is a planet fitness then it probably scared the flock because it is "too hardcore" .....

Must avoid Planet Fitness.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Never been to a Planet Fitness. What do people do there? Only Treadmill and elliptical?!
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You have to understand... Working hard is enough to make some people feel bad about themselves. The solution is therefore to kick people out when they do push themselves hard.

The thing is, this isn't even an onerously difficult exercise, though it can be challenging.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    spartan_d wrote: »
    I don't understand this thread. What's wrong with this exercise?
    Absolutely nothing... except that it apparently intimidates some people. That was enough to get him kicked out.

And yes, it was at Planet Fitness. That should tell you something.

They even sounded that obnoxious lunk alarm on him, for pity's sake.

Sounds like their claims of being a "judgement free zone" should be considered an enormous lie. Glad there's none in the town I live in, I'd be avoiding it like the plague.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    LOL.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine what would happen if I started doing my Kroc rows there.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I can only imagine what would happen if I started doing my Kroc rows there.

I'm sure they would ban my snatch, too.
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    He didn't get kicked out because of this exercise. He got kicked out for not taking a slice of pizza.
  • alaynavee
    alaynavee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Maybe he was doing it wrong and looked like he was h******* the floor??
  • spartan_d
    Options
    I've known this guy for years. He knows how to lift weights, even though he still has some pounds to shed.

Moreover, it would be extremely difficult to do this exercise in such a way as to cause damage to the floor... especially with the kind of rubberized floor that's typically used in a weights room.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If he wanted to do weights then why did he go to a gym that doesn't let people do weights? I mean, I get it that PF sounds like a weird and unpleasant place to go, but don't go to McDonald's and then throw a fit because they won't make you a plate of spaghetti.
  • spartan_d
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Do you want to know why, sofaking6? Because at the time, he didn't know about PF's reputation. After he learned the truth, he left the place and found someplace that had more regard for its clientele.

BTW, I certainly hope that you're not trying to shift blame to the client in situations like this.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I'm saying this is a bait thread and the story is made up.

it is a bait because i have PF membership and do these all the time and never got into trouble

OP is taking people on a ride.

so you are saying that no PF has ever kicked anyone out or sounded the lunk alarm on them?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    i have a pf membership and do these all the time.

did he pay membership fees and that his account did bounce for no funds. he could be making this up to cover his problem.

so because one PF lets you do this they all do, really????
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    avalters wrote: »
    Maybe he was doing it wrong and looked like he was h******* the floor??

You should see me doing barbell hip thrusts.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

it is a bait because i have PF membership and do these all the time and never got into trouble

so you are saying that no PF has ever kicked anyone out or sounded the lunk alarm on them?

Some are run more stringently than others.

Mine lets people workout in tanks or sports bras with their shorts or whatever. The weights are upstairs and I hear them thunking on the floor as I run.

• spartan_d
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MiracleArmyGirl, I think you're really stretching here. There is absolutely no reason to believe that he was covering up an empty bank account... especially since his current gym costs a lot more. Not to mention that he also takes some fairly pricey classes with me at another location.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Some are run more stringently than others.

Mine lets people workout in tanks or sports bras with their shorts or whatever. The weights are upstairs and I hear them thunking on the floor as I run.

that was kinda my point since they are all franchises that one would be more strict and others less so ...