Kicked out of gym for doing renegage rows????

Options

Replies

• RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Maybe they didn't want this to happen
    one_hand_push_ups_girl_fail-101686.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    I can only imagine what would happen if I started doing my Kroc rows there.

I'm sure they would ban my snatch, too.

Your snatch is always welcome here! :p

giphy.gif
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I always find it so funny how some people are all "eat all teh pizza...make it fit in" until it's a PF thread, and then it's, "ahaha gym that's supposed to be for being healthy actually offers pizza, what a joke they're the worst pizza is so bad"
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have PF membership and I use it only when my training season for races is done pretty much in Jan and Feb.

I go there almost every day during those months because I live in Mountains and we have a huge problem with black ice that makes running early mornings - no fun.

That being said those who go to my PF regularly probably think "there comes the every beginning of the year resolution girl" ... But that's really not the case because next 10 months I'm running outside and go to PF on Saturdays and Sunday afternoons. They never see me doing that, I guess.

I continue to pay $10 every month for the next 10 months just to go twice a week.

I have to add one thing though I don't like the morning employee. UGH!! Boring Personality and I'm sure one of these days he's going to use that stupid lunk alarm at the heart beat for me. I bet he'll. (I learn all these things on MFP and try them there.) That's when I'll come here to talk about it.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I got to PF. Mine is crowded...all the time. I mainly do cardio and some circuit and mainly go after 8:30pm when my kids are in bed. It is right next to my house. My only other option is the Y which is too pricey and 10 miles away.

There are a lot of muscly guys that go and hog the weights and machines. They are all young and broke. Most are polite and will let me work through if they are resting between sets. I did have an altercation last week where some *kitten* came into the circuit area and refused to get off one machine for over 30 minutes. I confronted him politely and when that didn't work I got pissy and tattled to the staff who made him get out of the circuit area.

That is the only bad experience I have ever had.

Pizza must be served before I get there as I've never seen it.

PF is a good option for me since I can use the gym at work for free and prefer to run outside for exercise. It's my fall back during the winter.

Oh, and I've never heard the lunk alarm go off in the 2 years I've been going.
  • runner475
    Options
    jchenks wrote: »
    That guy has nice white teeth.

Which "guy" has nice white teeth? Point me to him.... Tell me. Don't keep that suspense going.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    royaldrea wrote: »
    I always find it so funny how some people are all "eat all teh pizza...make it fit in" until it's a PF thread, and then it's, "ahaha gym that's supposed to be for being healthy actually offers pizza, what a joke they're the worst pizza is so bad"

I believe that criticism is taken into account with their overall philosophy of no judgment and other rubbish...

so you can't like pizza and criticize PF for handing it out, really?

I believe DB said he would go there just for the pizza...

• runner475
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    jchenks wrote: »
    That guy has nice white teeth.

I liked his sweet beard.

Is he wearing compression shorts ....?

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Never been to a Planet Fitness. What do people do there? Only Treadmill and elliptical?!

There is machines too. You know what they thing average joe and jane do at the gym.
  • outtamyweigh
    Options
    I got super confused and "cleaned" my "snatch"...stupid crossfit...
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I went to a PF once and was interested in joining - asked if I could do deadlifts and they said yes. I took a look around and there were no barbells, only smith machines. I asked how I was supposed to do deadlifts and homeboy at the front desk said people do them on the smith machines.

I did not join.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I believe that criticism is taken into account with their overall philosophy of no judgment and other rubbish...

You can dislike their overall philosophy while not having an issue with the pizza.

And you can like pizza and criticize PF all you want, but it is weird that the general MFP stance re: PF is to criticize the chain for handing it out when the general MFP stance re: pizza is that it is not unhealthy by itself and in moderation and can be eaten by people who work out. Just one of the amusing MFP quirks that I've observed in my forum creeping.

I don't know who DB is or what that has to do with my point, but if the pizza is alright I can't fault him for doing that, it should work out to a lot less than actually buying pizza once a week.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    illyich wrote: »
    I went to a PF once and was interested in joining - asked if I could do deadlifts and they said yes. I took a look around and there were no barbells, only smith machines. I asked how I was supposed to do deadlifts and homeboy at the front desk said people do them on the smith machines.

I did not join.

The guy at my PF called it a "Wesson machine"

I go for the treadmills - for bad weather days & intervals.
    I've been to quite a few PFs and I'm not a huge fan of this one.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I got super confused and "cleaned" my "snatch"...stupid crossfit...

tumblr_mr9roncUOY1su8nj8o1_500.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

You can dislike their overall philosophy while not having an issue with the pizza.

And you can like pizza and criticize PF all you want, but it is weird that the general MFP stance re: PF is to criticize the chain for handing it out when the general MFP stance re: pizza is that it is not unhealthy by itself and in moderation and can be eaten by people who work out. Just one of the amusing MFP quirks that I've observed in my forum creeping.

I don't know who DB is or what that has to do with my point, but if the pizza is alright I can't fault him for doing that, it should work out to a lot less than actually buying pizza once a week.

honestly, I could care less what PF does, it keeps my gym emptier and means I don't have to wait for squat racks...so keep feeding em bagels, pizza,etc, and sounding that lunk alarm ...
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I won't argue that that is not their marketing strategy. And I'll even agree that is annoying, petty, and insulting to those who go. As if we need a tagline to protect us. But if you've spent any time in one, you'll find there are many people there for the cost, and hours. I used to just think it was just that I was there at 4:30 am with people more dedicated. But now I go during peak hours on Saturday and Sundays as well and I'm impressed with the ethic of those there. As for the muscle-busting "bros," my PF is full of them. And I'm happy for it. If they don't mind, I sometimes ask to watch and learn.

I get that people in a serious lifting environment don't want to be judged. But neither do people who attend cheaper gyms, and that is happening here.
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So crazy. There is a Canadian version of PF. It's called Fit4less. I have a membership there as backup if I can't get to crossfit, or feel like I need a run or something. The "lunk" alarm is actually sensored. So no one decides whether to set it off, it just automatically goes off when there is a bang that is too loud. So if you drop your weight or whatever. It literally goes off every 5 minutes, and I am being serious. It is crazy. Thankfully I rarely have to go there. I can't imagine anyone going full time.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont know why thats offensive? i go to pf with my neighbor 3x a week and enjoy it, and i see people using the weights in a similar fashion and never thought anything of it. Theres one lady who does lunges with weights across the gym back and forth- i dont see that as much different.