Options
jazzy550
jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition

Replies

• jazzy550
    Options
    ...decided to cut back on creamer and start using artificial sugar; wow what a difference in calories!
  • jazzy550
    Options
    How do I fix my typos? :\
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    jazzy550 wrote: »

You have 45 minutes to edit your posts when you click the little wheel on the right.

Coffee calories do add up. I stick to my 2 tablespoons of half and half (I think it's less but I always log more). But never artificial sweeteners. Some sugar in the raw fits into my day perfectly.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If you're in a browser, hover your mouse over the top right corner of your post and a gear should appear. Click it and it should say "Edit Post." You can only edit a post 1 hr after posting it.

In losing weight, I switched to drinking americanos. No cream, no sugar. I used to be a 2 creamer, 2 Splenda person.
  • jazzy550
    Options

arditarose wrote: »

You have 45 minutes to edit your posts when you click the little wheel on the right.

Coffee calories do add up. I stick to my 2 tablespoons of half and half (I think it's less but I always log more). But never artificial sweeteners. Some sugar in the raw fits into my day perfectly.

Ok thanks! I've recognized that there are certain things I can't do on my tablet. Like I can't send friend request and I guess I can't edit my post. Yes I agree about the artificial sweetener and I've been trying it just like one or two in the morning. I actually think that using real sugar minimum late is better than using a lot of artificial…
  • arditarose
    Options

Ok thanks! I've recognized that there are certain things I can't do on my tablet. Like I can't send friend request and I guess I can't edit my post. Yes I agree about the artificial sweetener and I've been trying it just like one or two in the morning. I actually think that using real sugar minimum late is better than using a lot of artificial…

I never liked artificial sweeteners! Try measuring your sugar and cutting it down if it's making your coffee calories too high. I used to use 3 packs of sugar in the raw in a large coffee. I never thought I could use less. But you get used to it really quickly, it only took me like 5 days and now I can't imagine using more.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    8-10 ounces of coffee, 2-3 table spoons of half and half, and one equal... it's like, 65 calories, tops
  • arditarose
    Options
    8-10 ounces of coffee, 2-3 table spoons of half and half, and one equal... it's like, 65 calories, tops

lol. Please don't ever make my coffee that way.
  • jazzy550
    Options
    Does raw sugar have less calories?
  • arditarose
    Options

Don't think so. Just prefer it.
  • jazzy550
    Options

I only put in one teaspoon of creamer. But I measured out an actual cup of coffee not a "mug".
  • jazzy550
    Options

Don't think so. Just prefer it.

B)

• musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I drink many cups of coffee with whole milk and equal. It tastes great and costs about 80 calories. The whole milk and caffeine help me suppress my appetite. As all our friends on MFP attest, it is the calorie deficit that leads to weight loss. If you log everything properly and stick to the limits, you can eat/drink anything you want. I also avoid all non-fat, low sugar snacks.
  • Drdisney
    Drdisney Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've gotten used to using low fat milk now, and actually prefer it over creamer or half-n-half
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Don't mess with the way I like coffee, and never will, but it not that calorific, just milk and 1tsp of the dreaded toxic white stuff.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

what's wrong with my coffee??
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I made a serious attempt to drink coffee black but just can't do it. I like my coffee with sugar free vanilla creamer and a splenda.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Coffee is something that I'm not willing to compromise on. Coffee, 4tbsp of half & half, 2tsp sugar - 114 calories. As an added bonus, it keeps me from killing my office mates. ;)
  • jazzy550
    Options
    Noooooo! No skim milk in my coffee. >:)
  • jazzy550
    Options

what's wrong with my coffee??

:(