Coffee Calories Add Up!

Options

Replies

• dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I second the coconut milk. I have mine with that and one raw sugar and I'm good :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee black!!!!!!! Yuhhhmmmmmmy
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Coffee is like 1 calorie per cup. You are talking about sugar, cream, milk and other additives...
    Yes what is all this other stuff? Black coffee with some semi-skimmed milk, delicious and what, 20kcal?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I had a second Dunks iced coffee because I can. 360 calories, no regrets.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just skip the coffee ;)
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

LOL! My favorite drive through coffee is a tall americano with steamed milk and two sugars at star bucks!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Oh so glad that i've always preferred black. Nothing goes as well with a cigarette. I quit smoking but the black coffee stuck.
  • ionakathrynevans
    Options
    I cut out sugar, try honey or agave syrup. It is really sweet but helps to get off sugar and better for health than artificial sweeteners. I don't have sweetener in coffee any more but usually drink about 3 cups a day - I love it! With coconut or almond milk :)
    There are some issues with agave but IMO its far better than the white stuff!
  • ionakathrynevans
    Options
    I have just started counting calories but don't bother with salad/veg and coffee! :wink:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have just started counting calories but don't bother with salad/veg and coffee! :wink:

Why not?
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Add 2% milk. It sweetens it up plenty enough. I used to drink mine light and sweet. Now with 1/2 and 1/2 or steamed milk. Tastes better too.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't know what tablet you have, but I don't have any trouble editing posts on my iPad. Coffee with whole milk and Truvia is about 40-60cal/16oz. How much coffee are you drinking? I limit myself to 16oz a day. The rest is slightlly flavored water and an occasional lime refresher at Starbucks.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    jazzy550 wrote: »

LOL! My favorite drive through coffee is a tall americano with steamed milk and two sugars at star bucks!

I actually just got a gift card to Starbucks today ($5), and I am very excited to use it on one latte! Lol.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Coffee and ice cream are my staples :blush:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I've preferred it black for years, so it doesn't really add up to much, IMO. More important, I drink it most days, so it evens out. If my calories are higher because of it, I'd see they should be lowered, and would lower them by a bit. (I wouldn't cut out the small amount of coffee calories for that reason, although I do go through periods where I take a break from coffee.)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

I actually just got a gift card to Starbucks today ($5), and I am very excited to use it on one latte! Lol.

I got 125 dollars worth of starbucks gift cards for xmas this year. And have at least 50-75 left over from from last year. Bleh.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I got 125 dollars worth of starbucks gift cards for xmas this year. And have at least 50-75 left over from from last year. Bleh.

Gotta love those "thoughtful" gifts.
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a lot of Starbucks!
  • anarchysbitch
    anarchysbitch Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I will not compromise on my coffee's. Full cream milk and 2 raw sugars!
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I was always more of a tea fan, but ever since I started my weight loss journey, Ive had a craving for coffee? It satisfies my hunger/sweet tooth at night. It's so bizarre. I just add 4 tablespoons of skim milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar. I only allow myself to drink it once a week though, sometimes even less. It just leaves me very satisfied :smiley: