What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    What's up with that "you have to earn my respect" bullsh... Every living being should be treated with respect and dignity and yes, you get my respect without having to "earn" it. Because I was taught respect towards life in all its forms.
    My admiration... Yes, that you have to earn.
    But don't be so cocky and think other people depend on your admiration, approval or even respect.
    @rachellosesitall85 put it better than I could.

To the topic: Nobody tells you about how your lifestyle change affects other people, too. My Mum lost 8lbs just by having one meal a day with me :smile: very nice side effect!

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/admire

I'll just leave this here for anyone who wants to look at it.
  • VickyLosing
    VickyLosing Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Colt1835 wrote: »
    What's up with that "you have to earn my respect" bullsh... Every living being should be treated with respect and dignity and yes, you get my respect without having to "earn" it. Because I was taught respect towards life in all its forms.
    My admiration... Yes, that you have to earn.
    But don't be so cocky and think other people depend on your admiration, approval or even respect.
    @rachellosesitall85 put it better than I could.

To the topic: Nobody tells you about how your lifestyle change affects other people, too. My Mum lost 8lbs just by having one meal a day with me :smile: very nice side effect!

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/admire

I'll just leave this here for anyone who wants to look at it.

You KNOW the difference between admiration and respect. Don't play dumb please :wink:
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    llbrixon wrote: »
    That you would take more selfies! You want to dress nicer by buying fashionable clothes. Overall you take care of your body better. Catching my reflections in the mirror amd liking what you see.

Amen to all of these!!!
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    What I'm finding so far is all the things I thought about weight loss aren't true. For example, hitting that golden hour after PT makes all the difference. Previously, I didn't think it mattered.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That while goodwill is good to use while transitioning sizes they have slimming mirrors. It drives me nuts. I already have issues with being able to tell how I look vs how I feel I look.

Not sure if it's just my goodwill but it makes me less likely to purchase because I don't know how I really look! Annoying AF
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!