What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!

Why would sitting and laying in baths become uncomfortable? I am alrrady uncomfortable doing that because getting up and down is hard and I don't fit right. I'd think.being able to just lounge in one with a bit if room would feel great.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    cheers2205 wrote: »
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    A question for any of you ladies who've suffered the "deflated boob" issue that I have (they haven't so much "shrunk" as taken on the appearance of a balloon with half the air let out of it...) - what style of bra have you found is best to help hold up the sagging funbags that used to be your breasts?

Yay, I get to continue talking about my Victoria Secret adventure! :D

They basically brought in every model that fit my requirements & I ended up choosing one that I wouldn't have picked out for myself in a million years: Perfect Coverage, Body by Victoria. No padding, super comfy, great deal when on sale. Looked biiiig (in the cup) when they brought it in but when I tried it on it was a perfect fit. The older I get, the more I scrap everything else for comfort.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/sale/bras-semi-annual-sale/perfect-coverage-bra-body-by-victoria?ProductID=336259&CatalogueType=OLS

Thanks for the recommendation! :) I have never in my life been inside a Victoria's Secret - when I was bigger I always figured they'd never have anything that would fit me, and more recently I presumed they'd be way too expensive for my current (pretty much non-existent) budget. I may give them a look.

tomteboda wrote: »
    @SueSueDio I am a HUGE fan of Panache bras (the Tango II in particular), and Berlei (for sports bras). They make my poor, sad breasts look awesome and super-sexy, and they're comfortable. I shop at herroom.com

I used to LOVE Panache when I was in the UK! And the Tango II happened to be my favourite! :) I loved the style and it always fit me well. I'm not sure how one would fit now that my shape has changed so much, but it's worth a try if I can find a store that carries them. Thanks for the reminder! :)
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That if you're a drinker, you should quit. For so many reasons. Big ones: 1) The same amount affects you more when you're smaller. 2) It's sooooo much easier to lose weight when you don't drink. 3) Hangovers make working out that much harder.

Oh yes. I discovered that this weekend, celebrating my daughters birthday, two glasses of Rose and I was done. Have to be more careful

• Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sitting is uncomfortable for the same reasons

Sitting is horrid for me now sometimes. Hard wood chairs mean either my back or my tailbone or my butt are going to be jutting up against it with no "cushion". I really REALLY appreciate fluffy cushions now.

I feel your pain ! My knees need a pillow when I'm sleeping because all I feel if I don't use it is bones.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!