Replies

• jaroby
    jaroby Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    marianlyn wrote: »
    brookielaw wrote: »
    Hot tip: Ladies- as you lose weight, get measured and re-fitted for bras. Wearing ones that are too big is not only unflattering but can cause medical issues. Today's doctor appointment resulted in antibiotics...and a trip to Victoria's Secret.

I agree! Here's another resource for finding a properly fitting bra! I have been to Victoria's Secret to get measured, but it turns out I need a size that they don't sell! At least not in stores. They were 3 cup sizes and one band size off! This calculator uses 5 measurements instead of 2. I have much better support now!

http://www.brasizecalculator.tk

Thanks for this site! I'm going to get my hubby to help me measure, and see if I can find a better-fitting bra cheaply somewhere. (I'm not done losing yet and really don't have money to spare for clothing, but I only have one bra now that sort-of fits and isn't too uncomfortable so I need to do something!)

A question for any of you ladies who've suffered the "deflated boob" issue that I have (they haven't so much "shrunk" as taken on the appearance of a balloon with half the air let out of it...) - what style of bra have you found is best to help hold up the sagging funbags that used to be your breasts? Seriously, they droop SO much more than they used to when they were big! At least my shoulders and back don't hurt quite so much from carrying all that weight, but I'm still uncomfortable and have the added bonus of feeling old and ugly now too. :'(

P.S. @brookielaw Thanks for sharing your experience - it never occurred to me that an ill-fitting bra could cause that kind of problem!

Seriously snorted and about spit out my water over here :smiley: between losing weight and having just weaned the baby...YES. The girls are in such sorry state at the moment. Hahahaha!
  • jaroby
    jaroby Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies, I'll keep them in mind!
    jaroby wrote: »
    Thanks for this site! I'm going to get my hubby to help me measure, and see if I can find a better-fitting bra cheaply somewhere. (I'm not done losing yet and really don't have money to spare for clothing, but I only have one bra now that sort-of fits and isn't too uncomfortable so I need to do something!)

A question for any of you ladies who've suffered the "deflated boob" issue that I have (they haven't so much "shrunk" as taken on the appearance of a balloon with half the air let out of it...) - what style of bra have you found is best to help hold up the sagging funbags that used to be your breasts? Seriously, they droop SO much more than they used to when they were big! At least my shoulders and back don't hurt quite so much from carrying all that weight, but I'm still uncomfortable and have the added bonus of feeling old and ugly now too. :'(

P.S. @brookielaw Thanks for sharing your experience - it never occurred to me that an ill-fitting bra could cause that kind of problem!

Seriously snorted and about spit out my water over here :smiley: between losing weight and having just weaned the baby...YES. The girls are in such sorry state at the moment. Hahahaha!

Heh... sorry!

I don't even have the baby excuse... my son's all growed up now! My boobs have been giving in to gravity for years now, but because they were still big I didn't think they looked so bad. Now, they just look awful to me. I've never considered cosmetic surgery before, but I really think at the moment that if money was no object I might well have a boob job when I was done losing!

No worries! I enjoyed the laugh very much :smiley:
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    work_on_it wrote: »
    People think you're sick.

yes. I had a friend ask me if I was sick. He thought is was cancer or something. Awful.
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    It can get very lonely in healthy lifestyle land when everyone else is satisfied with being fat and lazy. I need healthier friends but I'm not pushy enough to encourage others to do something they aren't ready for. Maybe I need confidence classes. Do they teach confidence somewhere?

There is no simple way to be "confident", but it's a positive attitude with actions to back it up.

Confidence is that you are resolute that you're on the right track. You know better than to be lazy and fat, and will not allow other's behavior to make YOU make poor health choices. So don't.

Having a smart plan helps lead to confidence and self-assurance. I have a spouse that isn't exercising and isn't eating smart portions of food. And I have friends that do the same. My plan to deal with these people?

* Make sure I stick to my eating plan, and not theirs. Eating more doesn't make them like me more, show love, or anything like that. And most of the time they don't notice. And honestly, they have been encouraging even if they haven't made the same choices as me.
    * If a friend asks how I lost weight, I tell them. If a friend wants encouragement I am all over that! But it's not my job to "spread the faith". It's not that I don't care, it's that unsolicited advice is rarely followed. :)

Healthy boundaries are important. Food does NOT directly mean love. I don't have to eat to show affection. I don't have to eat to fit in, be social, or be valued. I don't have to tell others what to do. I love them as they are, and accept them as they are right now. I can be different and make different choices and still be friends.

I love what you said and how you broke it down ! Thank you :)

• cheers2205
    cheers2205 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A question for any of you ladies who've suffered the "deflated boob" issue that I have (they haven't so much "shrunk" as taken on the appearance of a balloon with half the air let out of it...) - what style of bra have you found is best to help hold up the sagging funbags that used to be your breasts?

Yay, I get to continue talking about my Victoria Secret adventure! :D

They basically brought in every model that fit my requirements & I ended up choosing one that I wouldn't have picked out for myself in a million years: Perfect Coverage, Body by Victoria. No padding, super comfy, great deal when on sale. Looked biiiig (in the cup) when they brought it in but when I tried it on it was a perfect fit. The older I get, the more I scrap everything else for comfort.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/sale/bras-semi-annual-sale/perfect-coverage-bra-body-by-victoria?ProductID=336259&CatalogueType=OLS
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    @SueSueDio I am a HUGE fan of Panache bras (the Tango II in particular), and Berlei (for sports bras). They make my poor, sad breasts look awesome and super-sexy, and they're comfortable. I shop at herroom.com
  • niccoletta19
    niccoletta19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    brookielaw wrote: »
    Hot tip: Ladies- as you lose weight, get measured and re-fitted for bras. Wearing ones that are too big is not only unflattering but can cause medical issues. Today's doctor appointment resulted in antibiotics...and a trip to Victoria's Secret.

I literally had just got home from being fitted then read this. After losing 26kg (58lbs) my bras were sitting all funny. I've gone from a 16D (38D) to a 12F (34F). Without being fitted, I'd still be wearing the completely wrong size and probably replaced them at the wrong size as well
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!