30 Day Shred Results - motivation please!!! :)

Hello everyone! I'm Annie, I'm 20 years old, 5'6 I weigh 11st. 10 lbs and I am currently on day 6 (level 1) of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred!

I was hoping for some 30 day shred success stories to help motivate me as I'm rubbish at sticking to things but this is something I really really want to do!

I need to lose about 2 stone to be within my healthy BMI but at the moment I'm not worrying too much about the scales but really want to see my body changing!

How long did it take you to see results / notice changes in your body? Was it around the half-way mark? Did more inches/pounds come off in the last ten days compared to the rest of the time?

Any motivation you can give would be soooo great! Thank you :)!!!

Replies

• oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    I have done 30 Day Shred for a month and saw huge difference, but I'm really overweight to start with. You can see my results from my profile pictures. I lost mine weekly and saw most of the results around my hip/waist area which is great!
  • annabellemayh
    annabellemayh Posts: 69 Member
    oncem0re wrote: »
    I have done 30 Day Shred for a month and saw huge difference, but I'm really overweight to start with. You can see my results from my profile pictures. I lost mine weekly and saw most of the results around my hip/waist area which is great!

Wow! That's such an incredible transformation, well done! I'm definitely motivated by your results !! My ultimate ultimate goal would also be 140lbs too !

When did you notice the inches coming off most? Was it around the middle of the 30 days or towards the end :)?
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member

Wow! That's such an incredible transformation, well done! I'm definitely motivated by your results !! My ultimate ultimate goal would also be 140lbs too !

When did you notice the inches coming off most? Was it around the middle of the 30 days or towards the end :)?

At 3 weeks - noticeably different. At 2 weeks I can feel the difference but my mark was 3 weeks when my pants weren't supported anymore by my muffin tops and I have to actually use some belts :)

At 4 weeks I have to add another hole to my Large belt so I can still wear my size 14 pants, but I'm able to fit in my size 12 but not comfortably yet. Hope this helps!
  • annabellemayh

At 3 weeks - noticeably different. At 2 weeks I can feel the difference but my mark was 3 weeks when my pants weren't supported anymore by my muffin tops and I have to actually use some belts :)

At 4 weeks I have to add another hole to my Large belt so I can still wear my size 14 pants, but I'm able to fit in my size 12 but not comfortably yet. Hope this helps!

This is very inspiring thank you !! I really hope my results end up as fantastic as yours have been! Did you take measurements or photos or just go by how your clothes fitted? I have taken some before photos but not measured anything yet!

Really inspiring though thank you !
  • Cheryl_dancer
    Cheryl_dancer Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Annabelle
    I am on Day 3 tonight of 30 Day Shred and came to find others who are doing it. I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I really am hoping I lose.. I have over 2 stone to lose.
  • annabellemayh
    Hi Annabelle
    I am on Day 3 tonight of 30 Day Shred and came to find others who are doing it. I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I really am hoping I lose.. I have over 2 stone to lose.

Hi Cheryl!

We have a similar target I want to lose about two stone and hoping this DVD will get me some of the way! Add me if you like and hopefully we can motivate each other! Ive heard good things about this DVD I just hope it works as well for me ! Xxxxxxxxxxxx

• karthika11186
    karthika11186 Posts: 16 Member
    hi anna and cheryl
    i am on day 5 and i need to lose two stones and i like to be ur frnd so that we can motivate each other and i send u request
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm on day 3 of 30 day shred and I have 2 stone to lose too! I'm enjoying it so far, but I've never 'worked out' before (my exercise has always been walking, bike ride etc). My muscles ache like crazy - I could hardly walk down the stairs yesterday! :smile:
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Hi gals

I did 30 day shred a few years ago and really noticed a difference but I'm afraid I can't remember how much I lost! I've also done 6 week 6 pack which REALLY helped the waist/tummy area.

I'm 5'5" and 12 stone....also looking to lose 2 stone!!! Have been thinking about adding in some JM DVDs to my exercise routine (I run, swim & kickbox - you'd think I'd be thin, eh....but no, I'm fit & fat!!!!). Anyway, got a busy half term hols with my kids so might join you all on Monday for some JM workouts....I have 30DS, 6wk6pk and ripped in 30 (I've not tried this yet!)....might do a mash up of them all so as not to get bored with the same thing.

Good Luck!!!!
  • Hey! I added you. I'm going to start the 30 day shred and need some motivation also!
  • berrygirl2013
    berrygirl2013 Posts: 264 Member
    Hey! I completed the 30DS twice a couple of years ago and lost about 8 inches and 5lbs each time and I must say I absolutely swear by it. :)

I found most of weight-loss happened at the week 3 mark, but I'm sure it's different for everyone.

I've put some weight back on so I currently doing it again. Today's my 7th day. I hope you don't mind if I add you. I figure we could motivate each other seeing as we're both at the same point! :)

• hey everyone, i just did my second day workout from level 1. i don't find it sooo difficult maybe because i have been doing exercises for a couple of weeks before starting the 30 day shred. i am 140 pounds and my goal is 120. im not overweighted but i don't like my self i have big belly and huge tights :( i hope ill get rid of this stupid fats, but my biggest probem is that i have sweet tooth and i cant give up sweet things so easily :(
  • MissJES89
    MissJES89 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi, I lost quite a few pounds and inches doing this back in July/August along with using MFP for careful food logging -can't remember exact results but have them written down somewhere. Where I really think it was most successful at kick starting my new exercise regime using a range of DVDs combined with walking, hiking, swimming etc and have used a range of both Jillian Michaels and Davina McCall mainly DVDs since - I am constantly full of energy these days. Keep at it, I found level 2 a big jump up but just keep going, it's so worth it :)
  • laffek
    laffek Posts: 20 Member
    Those that have completed 30 DS....do you do the workout on consecutive days? It seems contradictory to everything I though I knew about strength training...i.e, not training the same muscles 2 days in a row, etc. I've decided to do M-W-F, but in that case it will take me 60 days to complete, right?
  • laffek wrote: »
    Those that have completed 30 DS....do you do the workout on consecutive days? It seems contradictory to everything I though I knew about strength training...i.e, not training the same muscles 2 days in a row, etc. I've decided to do M-W-F, but in that case it will take me 60 days to complete, right?

You're right, it is contradictory to what you know about strength training, but it is more about cardio with light weights, then strength training. If you follow through, you'll see the results, but to get the promised results you should do the video 5 to 6 days a week.

You can try mixing up the levels; increasing your weights and the number of days you do the harder workouts as you go.

For example, I've done something like this.
    Day-1, level-1
    Day-2, level-2
    Day-3, level-1
    Day-4, Rest
    Day-5, level-1
    Day-6, level-2
    Day-7, level-1
    Day-8, Rest
    Day-9, level-2
    Day-10, level-1
    Day-11, level-2
    Day-12, Rest
    Day-13, level-2
    Day-14, level-1
    Day-15, level-2
    etc.
  • jessilynnwilson
    jessilynnwilson Posts: 10 Member
    I am going to starting this, would love you girls to add me for motivation and I will do likewise! I'm 5'2" and 179 lbs. my goal is 120.
  • shellssz
    shellssz Posts: 23 Member
    I've completed it twice. This last time I lost 15lbs!! In the first week was the most, second week the least. I did 10 days of level 1 then a rest day then 10 days of level 2 then a rest day and then 10 days of level 3. I'm now doing Ripped in 30. Good luck!!
  • annabellemayh
    Thanks for all the support guys! Lot of love for the 30 day shred happening here, good luck to everyone please add me and we can motivate each other! xxx
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    I have just completed the first workout today. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, lol. Could hardly lift my legs for the jump rope haha. Hope it gets easier. Feel free to add me, my diary is always open :-)
  • 1nt2Lose
    1nt2Lose Posts: 64 Member
    I just started today, too, and would love the support. Has anyone started a group for check-ins?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!