30 Day Shred Results - motivation please!!! :)

Replies

• Sahsider
    Sahsider Posts: 4 Member
    I just started Level 1 one today and found it pretty challenging...I am glad I found this thread to motivate me not to give up.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    I am on level 1 day five.... I am also just under 12 stone and 5ft 6! I am aiming to lose a stone and a half, I actually look quite slim at 10.5stone- or around 66kg.

However, A little under two years ago I did the shred back to back twice. In that time I lost 10kg (incidentally the amount of weight I am trying to lose now!). I found it really good, but I have to say I never really mastered the full push up.
  • kufahlaatc123
    kufahlaatc123 Posts: 61 Member
    Just finished circuit 1 last night. I can already see a small change in just 10 days . I can't wait to see the end results. I wasn't sure if this was going to really make a difference, or if it was just a lot of hype. I have to say I feel amazing and love the fact that I can honestly see a change!!! I still have a long ways to go but I finally believe I will get there.eazdxeelhcys.jpgcisawtd64fcf.jpg
    k7ym24wcnjbq.jpg

• kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    edited February 2015
    These are my pics so far, each "week" is 7 workouts. I am not going every day as I have dr limitations, but here is what 21 workouts looks like and a bit along the way. I stay on level one and modify for less impact on my knees. Level one is working out just fine for me! I have lost a total of 7.5 inches in this time, which is fantastic. My actual weight loss is slow.
    7to2690z2ap9.jpg
    xat497wly6jv.jpg
    4zxw263hygq7.jpg
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    @kufahlaatc123 you are looking great! I can really see it in the midsection :) Awesome!
  • kufahlaatc123
    @kufahlaatc123 you are looking great! I can really see it in the midsection :) Awesome!
    thanks so much. keep up the great work kellycasey5 you can defiantly see a change.
  • This is great to see! I'm on day 3, level 1 :)
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    It's the side lunges are arm raises that kill me. Couldn't lift myself out of the bath last night due to weak arms lol. Today will be day 6 of stage 1 (had 3 days off as felt under the weather)
  • stukupuku
    stukupuku Posts: 10
    edited February 2015
    Wow, amazing results everyone! You look great! I was just considering starting 30 day shred today and your photos and stories on here have got me convinced.

I am doing 6 week six pack by Jillian Michaels as well and have just finished week 1 today. Visually I can see very little changes (certainly there is no six pack showing ha ha ha ha!) but I'm not overweight to start with, I guess it might take a while longer before I get to see more results. My endurance has got much better though!

Has anyone tried doing both 30 day shred and 6 week six pack simultaneously?
  • UPDATE: Ok, so I have just done my first workout from 30 Day Shred and I must say (surprisingly) I found it quite easy. What weights are you using for this workout? I only have one that is too heavy for this anyway so I just took two water bottles as that was the only substitute I could think of so I'm guessing they must have been too light (only about 1 lb. each lol). I sweated a bit which is good and I could feel my heart rate was accelerated but 6 week six pack is definitely much harder (maybe because of the weights I used).

I am going to continue with 30 Day Shred and I definitely need to purchase some decent weights :)
  • laurenframp
    laurenframp Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone, Im really keen to try this after reading all of your comments. Im going to do no alcohol or sugar this month and this looks like a great program to do too as it combines these rules and the workouts. Is anyone not sticking to the meal plan and just tracking calories as per usual (under 1200) or is it more effective using the meal plan too?

Please feel free to add me, would be great to do it together
  • khaleesi815
    khaleesi815 Posts: 4 Member
    I just finished day 5! My neighbour is also doing the 30 day shred with me. I'm going to lose 90 lbs and I can't wait to see what results I get from this!
  • jcjanes
    jcjanes Posts: 31 Member
    I did the shred last year and I got great results! It's my favorite JM dvd. Unfortunately, I put ten pounds back on, so I'll have to do it again.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    How do you guys record this on MFP? I just started today!
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    jcjanes wrote: »
    I did the shred last year and I got great results! It's my favorite JM dvd. Unfortunately, I put ten pounds back on, so I'll have to do it again.

I'm in the same boat as you! I was doing so well and then a bunch of things happened, I didnt finish the program and now have to start all over :(
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    How do you guys record this on MFP? I just started today!

I'd like to know this, too. I just haven't typically been logging it, because I wasn't sure what to put.
  • kufahlaatc123
    I log my workout under general circuit. I have a bodymedia band that I use during my workouts to get idea of burn. If I log 20 minutes general circuit it comes out to around the calories I burned on my band.
  • briannetrujillo
    briannetrujillo Posts: 16 Member
    Fantastic results @melliebee! I have Ripped in 30 and I was wondering in your opinion how it compares to 30 day shred? Have you finished the full Ripped in 30? Did you see more results with one then the other?
  • TerryKes
    TerryKes Posts: 35 Member
    Great thread, and I'm a huge JM fan! Question: how do you log the workouts in MyFitnessPal / MapMyFitness? I just log it as calisthenics... I don't want to overshoot the calories burned, nor do I want to short change myself...
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    stukupuku wrote: »
    UPDATE: Ok, so I have just done my first workout from 30 Day Shred and I must say (surprisingly) I found it quite easy. What weights are you using for this workout? I only have one that is too heavy for this anyway so I just took two water bottles as that was the only substitute I could think of so I'm guessing they must have been too light (only about 1 lb. each lol). I sweated a bit which is good and I could feel my heart rate was accelerated but 6 week six pack is definitely much harder (maybe because of the weights I used).

I am going to continue with 30 Day Shred and I definitely need to purchase some decent weights :)

I just started this on Wednesday and am on day 2 of level 1. I have been using 5 lb weights. With some exercises, the weights really push me. But some of the floor strength exercises, I feel like I could go with a higher weight. I don't want to push myself too much though because I definitely am quite sore after the 2 days!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!