30 Day Shred Results - motivation please!!! :)

Replies

• berrygirl2013
    berrygirl2013 Posts: 264 Member
    TerryKes wrote: »
    Great thread, and I'm a huge JM fan! Question: how do you log the workouts in MyFitnessPal / MapMyFitness? I just log it as calisthenics... I don't want to overshoot the calories burned, nor do I want to short change myself...

I tend to log it as circuit training. I found that to be pretty consistent with my heart-rate monitor (till the latter stopped working haha)
  • kufahlaatc123
    kufahlaatc123 Posts: 61 Member
    berrykid13 wrote: »
    TerryKes wrote: »
    Great thread, and I'm a huge JM fan! Question: how do you log the workouts in MyFitnessPal / MapMyFitness? I just log it as calisthenics... I don't want to overshoot the calories burned, nor do I want to short change myself...

I tend to log it as circuit training. I found that to be pretty consistent with my heart-rate monitor (till the latter stopped working haha)

I agree I log it under general circuit training. I have a bodymedia and it is within 10 calories on average.
  • elle1144
    elle1144 Posts: 1 Member
    Just found this message board for JM 30 Day Shred. I alternate days between her Level 1 video and a brisk (3.5mph) uphill walk for 1 hour while watching tv. Also, I tend to get bored, so I need to mix it up. Also recently added Jessica Smith TV videos to my mix along with SNOW shovelling. I choose to work out only 3-5 days a week when my schedule allows. There are a lot of great workout videos out there...I also may be incorporating JUST DANCE (xBox 360) as I LOVE dancing! I signed up for a BootCamp for the next 10 Saturdays...to give me that extra push and set myself up for further success!

II am 45 years old and started MyFitnessPal App on Feb. 4/15 and can stay quite steady at my 1200 calorie intake. This App has educated me quite a bit on eating habits. I always ate healthy for the most part...just TOO MUCH on my plate! I am 5'8" and started at 173 lbs....today, March 6/15 I weighed in at 164. Lost 9 lbs in 1 month. I have 20 more lbs to go and I KNOW I can do it if I keep this up!

As others have mentioned, I also add my exercise as General Circuit Training.

Good Luck to everyone out there...I hope you all achieve your health and fitness goals. Remember, if we give ourselves excuses not to go or not to do it, we won't, but if we commit to it, then we are more likely to hold ourselves accountable!
  • kufahlaatc123
    Only 8 more days to go and see great results. Pictures to come soon.
  • Sydmayn
    Sydmayn Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2015
    Right now I'm on level 2 (it's so hard). First level made a huge difference on my measurements. I previously lost weight before doing mainly cardio but I didn't see a difference the way my body looked until 20lbs down. Now I've lost under 10lbs and can see huge difference. Will post pictures when I'm done
  • kufahlaatc123
    jy03peozggou.jpg
    dnspgkdg5o4n.jpg
    1knr55742mzy.jpg
    I have two nights left of 30 day shred, but couldn't wait to post these. I'm amazed at the difference.
  • LustyArgonianMaid
    LustyArgonianMaid Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2015
    I have two nights left of 30 day shred, but couldn't wait to post these. I'm amazed at the difference.

Wow, that's amazing progress. Congrats, you look great!
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    edited March 2015
    For how I log it: I used my body media armband several times about 2 years ago and came up with 176 calories. So I log it as that (now that I'm doing it again). I'm on L1D6 tonight.
  • lorear
    lorear Posts: 8
    melliebee wrote: »
    2o9saocor84a.jpg

I have done 2.5 rounds of 30 day shred since having my son last April!

Every time I do it, I get stronger and see results fast. The hard part is sticking to it! I am now doing Shred it With Weights and Ripped in 30! Best workout ever, and really. There are no excuses! It's only 28 minutes a day!

• lorear
    lorear Posts: 8
    How is the ripped in 30?
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Has anyone done this when they have long standing injuries? Hubs and I started but various things from too active pasts' stopped us in our tracks. We wondered if waiting until there was less of us, leading to less strain on various parts, would be the way to go.
  • kufahlaatc123
    Another round of 30 day shred done. In 60 days I've lost 11 pounds and 13.5 inches.ybhr6go3ms3z.jpg

85wb6x5yr8n7.jpg
    rj560dhkr0xl.jpg

• kufahlaatc123
    Another round of 30 day shred done. In 60 days I've lost 11 pounds and 13.5 inches.ybhr6go3ms3z.jpg

85wb6x5yr8n7.jpg
    rj560dhkr0xl.jpg

• mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    I'm going to start 30 Day Shred and was looking for information. @kufahlaatc123kufahlaatc123 I'm speechless. Well done! :)
  • vdobbs28
    vdobbs28 Posts: 72 Member
    I did day 9 today and measured all aspects of my body and so far, 9 days into 30 DS, I've lost a total of 15 inches!!!
  • kufahlaatc123
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    I'm going to start 30 Day Shred and was looking for information. @kufahlaatc123kufahlaatc123 I'm speechless. Well done! :)

Thank you so much. I'm now into my 3rd round and still seeing progress.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    I did the shred for 60 days and here are my results I'm now on week 2 of Ripped in 30

MyCollage_6_zpsdtbfenze.png

MyCollage_7_zpsvm5vfldp.png
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    I have started 30DS today. Can't believe how tough it is.

Btw great results y'all :smiley:
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    I can't wait I'm starting tmrw night. U all look amazing!
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    I started about a week and a half ago, took 2 rest days, and starting back at it today. I have already lost an inch off my waist.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!