How Much Do You Believe?

Options
13»

Replies

• clyn27
    clyn27 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have always kept some larger pants as I go but that is because I am not done having babies yet. I wear the bigger stuff until I am truly ready for maternity and I also turn some of them into maternity clothes. Ya know that in between it's just bloat and uncomfortable and you actually have a belly stage? I keep a few bigger sizes for that
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I believe! I donated the first three months after starting and continue to donate when things are a few sizes too big. I've taken in pants twice and worn a belt with them until I just had to give them up.
  • EarlyBirdBex
    EarlyBirdBex Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I got rid of them as I lost, but I kept one pair of my size 12 jeans (which is what size I was when I started). I'm now a 2 and like to put my 12's on once in a while just to remind myself where I was.
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Apparently I don't believe much.
    I still have my bigger jeans packed up in boxes for two reasons...
    1)I would like to have more children and
    2)I lost 60 pounds in 2011 and gained 30 back in 2013. I've lost that 30 in 2014, however in the back of my mind I still fear gaining the weight back.
    I know when things get tough for me, I get lethargic and stop moving and I'll still eat the same, or more.
    Maybe after I've been maintaining for a while, I'll have more confidence to get rid of my big clothes.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    That is a very interesting question. One because I believe if you have clothes that are too big even a little bit in your clothing rotation how can you truly gauge your weight loss. Meaning if one day you put on a pair of pants that are a little snug would you the just change into a pair that you knew were a little bigger? Or would you suck it up in those that are a little snug and get back on the ball to get your weight back down? I got rid of my clothes as soon as they were replaced by other items. As I went down more and more sizes I did deceid to keep things from a point but that plan didn't last long. I will admit I have some jeans that I paid way too much for still in my closet but I figure if you get down to a size you are comfortable at, hopefully you have learned how to maintain it.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not as confidence in myself as you all are :(.
    55 lbs down, and I haven't thrown out my old clothes.

Mostly financial reasons - if I was to put on weight I wouldn't want to spend money buying clothes.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm 8lbs to goal and have replaced clothes as I've dropped sizes (from 14/16 US to 6/8 Petites. I have done this before and swore I'd never do it again but fell back into old habits. MFP has been an inspiration and an education; this time I'm determined not to slip back. No old sizes left so I've also crossed the Rubicon as another poster said. Never again.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I don't even like the kind of clothes I use to wear so it is easy to give them up. I use to never wear anything fitted and I don't think I have had a tshirt on since I lost the weight. I never wear stretch pants now, I wear jeans around the house so didn't mind giving them up. My shirts are more fitted, heck even my sweat shirts are fitted compared to big sloppy ones.
    And, I swear plus size clothes are usually so ugly I think. They all seem to have big flower prints or bows on them lol. I hated all mine, and when we are in a clothing store, I can usually point out to my husband which clothes are plus sized without even looking first at the size or the store section, but just by the style.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I donated everything 2 months ago. To be fair though, there were clothes of all sizes, and even kids clothes, that had been piling up for years... Seriously I had 25 big trash bags full of them...
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I donated things as I lost weight, I don't like clutter.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,904 Member
    Options
    My hubby, who had seen me lose and regain many times, told me to keep my fat clothes. :s His words became a strong inspiration for me. Best day ever was when he said, "You've got to get rid of all these clothes that you'll never wear again. "
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Got rid of my clothes as I lost weight. I thought keeping them was subconsciously telling myself "It's okay, you can gain it back.You still have the clothes."
  • corindeathawk
    corindeathawk Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have not gotten rid of the oversize pants as yet, but I have a pack rat mentality in general. Will probably ditch it all 3 years from now when I realize i haven't looked at them for that long, need the drawer space & realize that new pants will cost less than taking the stuff in. They are, however, out of the closet to make room for the nice new stuff.