Alf Cards
    Riding my bike around the block
    Coming in when the street lights came on
    Leaving after breakfast and not coming home till dinner
    Good Cartoons
    The ****ie dee
    playing in the sprinkler
    playing hop scotch

Now a days you ask a kid to play outside it is like you have 2 heads. we had so much fun. I wish I was young again..lol
  • chickadelta
    Options
    The 'safe' 90s version of Clackers
    Clacker%20Toy.jpg
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    powerglove.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRECuEQSNawxiQgP11W0N139U3AF_7J6FFKgyaCaL1pr5uHA_YGOHCfOfTiCA

The ORIGINAL Wii sports ... We wouldnt have even been able to fathom an Xbox Kinect.
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    Cheeta+Nintendo+Powerpad.jpg

OMG I remember this!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Creature Double Feature on Channel 56 for you Boston-area folks... also, Electric Company and Zoom.

Reading Judy Blume books, and how big of a deal it was... "Are you there God, it's me, Margaret" etc.

The show "Kids Are People Too" and the day Kiss appeared on the show... also, Kiss dolls and Kiss trading cards.

Back when Wonder Bread had these crazy collectible cards in every loaf. That, and the toys in Cracker Jacks, and most every kind of cereal.

Roller skates: metal plates with metal wheels that attached to whatever sneakers or shoes you were wearing.

Back when every kid walked to and from school unless the bus went to their neighborhood... hardly any parents drove their kids to school.

Light Bright. Gnip Gnop. Connect Four. Rock'em Sock'em Robots. Hungry Hungry Hippos. Operation.

When the first kid in your class could complete the Rubik's Cube.

Waiting to see a "World Premiere Video" on MTV.

Friday nights: watching Love Boat and Fantasy Island back to back...
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Richard Simmons Deal A Meal!!!!!

My mom had/got that. LOL!
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Watching Saturday morning cartoons with my younger brother was a lot of fun.

Cartoons like Doug and Rugrats, for example.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    doubledare.jpg

THIS SHOW WAS THE ISH... you couldn't find a better game show on the planet at that time.

OMG...Double Dare was fuqing AWESOME!!!!
  • harleydall76
    Options
    Not quite my childhood, but teens:

Ren and Stimpy
    Celebrity Deathmatch
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    53p6dv.jpg
  • harleydall76
    Options
    53p6dv.jpg

Ha! So true, and into the 80's.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Back when every kid walked to and from school unless the bus went to their neighborhood... hardly any parents drove their kids to school.
    Seriously!! I don't have kids, but it bugs me how many people drive their kids to school every day. NO parents were cool about having to drive their kids, so we had to get our butts to the bus stop even if it meant running full speed. If we missed the bus, there was hell to pay. :laugh:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    OMG, all of those. I loved the sprinkler! And drinking out of the hose! And the ghetto DIY slip-n-slide with a tarp!

When they first introduced the Mighty Kids meal at Burger King and all the kids wanted it because it made them feel older. lol.

I still remember the Creepy Crawlers jingle. Cree-ee-ee-py CRAWL-ERS!

Sock 'Em Boppers, anyone?
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Not quite my childhood, but teens:

Ren and Stimpy
    Celebrity Deathmatch

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH! I'd all but forgotten!

Beavis and Butthead. :D I was much too young for it, but my brother and I would sneak watching it and hide our giggles in our pillows for fear of being heard.

Same for Space Ghost Coast To Coast and South Park...though I still love SP.
  • harleydall76
    Options
    Oh yeah, Beavis and Butthead!

And yup, drinking from the hose in the yard. That nasty warm water on a hot day. LOL

Regarding the school bus, oh yeah there would be hell to pay if we missed it.
  • harleydall76
    Options
    Ah, one thing that sticks out in my mind when I take my nephew to the park is that foam ground they have on playgrounds now. For us, it was the real cement. You fell down, and it HURT.

I also remember when we would push each other on the swings and give what we called under dogs. You'd push the person then duck under the swing to make them swing super high.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Ah, one thing that sticks out in my mind when I take my nephew to the park is that foam ground they have on playgrounds now. For us, it was the real cement. You fell down, and it HURT.

I also remember when we would push each other on the swings and give what we called under dogs. You'd push the person then duck under the swing to make them swing super high.
    Oh yeah, and if you got a couple of kids swinging in rythym, you could get the swingset base to come up out of the ground a little bit (kind of like "popping a wheelie", swingset style).

Most of the playground equipment we had as kids is long gone and considered 'unsafe' by today's standards....

Also, NO kid wore a bike helmet...EVER!!
  • harleydall76
    Options

Oh yeah, and if you got a couple of kids swinging in rythym, you could get the swingset base to come up out of the ground a little bit (kind of like "popping a wheelie", swingset style).

Most of the playground equipment we had as kids is long gone and considered 'unsafe' by today's standards....

Also, NO kid wore a bike helmet...EVER!!

I remember that abut the swing set! And ours was metal - we only 2 swings and a slide. None of this fancy stuff they have now.

Bike helmet - what's that? LOL