How often do you eat fast food?

Options
12346»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Almost never. I've had pizza twice and McDonald's once or twice in the last 6 months. It isn't worth the calories.

Your obviously not getting the right sort of pizza :smiley:

Is 600 cal too much for dinner? That's about what I have when I have pizza. Fits into my day.

I need at least 800 calories to fit two slices into my day.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Almost never. I've had pizza twice and McDonald's once or twice in the last 6 months. It isn't worth the calories.

Is 600 cal too much for dinner? That's about what I have when I have pizza. Fits into my day.

If I eat pizza, I like to go HAM on it. There is nothing moderate about me when I am in the same room as pizza.

So yeah, 2000 calories is too much for dinner, no matter what the World Health Organization says.

What sort of pizza do you guys eat? 2000 calories for a pizza. 800 cal for 2 slices?

Unless my maths is wrong the pizza I get is 5000 kj or about 1200 cal. That's 8 slices with 2-3 meats some plants and jalapeños.

How wide is the pizza you get?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the toppings, and on the type of pizza. Buying a frozen pizza from the health food aisle of your supermarket is quite different from ordering stuffed-crust extra cheese all dressed pizza from a greasy pizza chain.

I quite like pizza and indulge on occasion. But I usually opt for thin crust and healthier toppings, and I limit myself to a couple of slices.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    2-4xs a week
  • Jambon692
    Jambon692 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

If I eat pizza, I like to go HAM on it. There is nothing moderate about me when I am in the same room as pizza.

So yeah, 2000 calories is too much for dinner, no matter what the World Health Organization says.

What sort of pizza do you guys eat? 2000 calories for a pizza. 800 cal for 2 slices?

Unless my maths is wrong the pizza I get is 5000 kj or about 1200 cal. That's 8 slices with 2-3 meats some plants and jalapeños.

How wide is the pizza you get?

When I do pizza I do a large (14") cheese stuffed crust with double cheese, BBQ sauce, mushrooms, pineapple, sweetcorn, olives and tomatoes.
    Just a normal 14" cheese topped cheese stuffed crust is 310 calories a slice, times that by 8 slices, that 2,480 calories.

And that before you start on the wedges and breaded cheese triangles!

Oh and the warm cookie dough.....oh the cookie dough...mmmmm :yum::joy:
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Jambon692 wrote: »
    When I do pizza I do a large (14") cheese stuffed crust with double cheese, BBQ sauce, mushrooms, pineapple, sweetcorn, olives and tomatoes.
    Just a normal 14" cheese topped cheese stuffed crust is 310 calories a slice, times that by 8 slices, that 2,480 calories.

And that before you start on the wedges and breaded cheese triangles!

Well you don't have to eat 8 slices of pizza in one meal!

One or two slices plus a side salad would be a reasonable meal that could fit into most people's calorie goals.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Three times in the past year. All three were times we were driving long distances and didn't want to stop for a "real" meal or wait until we got home.

I just don't care for most fast foods. If I want a cheeseburger, I'd rather make it at home or go to a sit-down restaurant.