ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    avshwartz wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Yay! Somebody who understands what i understand! Diets are stupid. Eat whole foods. Cut out junk like dairy, meat and gluten. Carb the *kitten* up and feel better than ever!
    Ps. You're advocating for this lifestyle in the wrong place. These people dont want to hear that there's another way besides calorie restriction!

Interesting...I eat primarily whole foods and meals prepared from whole food ingredients...I have successfully lost weight, maintained weight, and done a bulk and cut cycle...with the difference between those objectives being the amount of calories I'm eating.

So how is it possible in your world that I was able to bulk on weight eating a diet rich in whole food nutrition.

Also, since when are dairy, meat, and gluten "junk"? Gluten exists in whole foods...meat is a whole food...dairy products are whole foods or otherwise derived from such.

By whole foods i meant whole plant foods. The reasom why you bulked up is because you ate a lot of fat most likely. Fat is not bad if it comes from plants and in moderation. But my guess is that it didnt.

And since you're grasping at every word i use or misuse, dairy, meat and gluten are generally not favoured by the body of most people. It causes stagnation and intolerant reactions that you wont immediately see but will affect you in the long term.

This is not true.

Also, if you're going to make such wild claims, please provide sources (not anecdotes based on your best guess of how many calories you're eating).

My proof is that im a nutritionist and have a bookshelf filled with books about different foods and lifestylrs and their affect on the body.

I'm a millionaire living in a 3 million dollar home while working at NASA just for kicks. I'm also in the process of finalizing the cure for the common cold.

OH MY GOD...SO AM I!!!

no way, me three….
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    anigif_optimized-4322-1419285227-5_zpssmocudlg.gif
    Yes, pugs! Is this one of your pugs?

No but I want a ball pit for mine now.

@IliftheavyAcrylics I can't for the life of me figure out how to embed the video (I'm at work and don't really have the time..haha), but you'll appreciate this:
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=820706181350987&pnref=story
    :)

OMW that is awesome. I want a frenchie. Like pugs, but with bat ears. :laugh:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Yay! Somebody who understands what i understand! Diets are stupid. Eat whole foods. Cut out junk like dairy, meat and gluten. Carb the *kitten* up and feel better than ever!
    Ps. You're advocating for this lifestyle in the wrong place. These people dont want to hear that there's another way besides calorie restriction!

So if you eat over your TDEE eating only "whole" foods, you won't gain weight?

Yup! I dont watch my calories, but my guess would be around 2000, instead of the recommended 1200, and ive lost 30lbs.
    Basically, i eat as much as i feel like and listen to my body. Sometimes i crave only light veggies and fruit, and sometimes lots of starches.

Can you please explain the physics behind this?

*Also, 1200 calories is not "recommended" across the board. This is the minimum that anyone should ever be eating. Most people should be eating more calories than that.

Sorry, my mistake. To lose weight, it is recommended for my to eat 1200. I eat anywhere between 2000-3000 depending on how i feel.
    If you look into 'the starch solution' all the research is there.
    To me, it just makes sense. Im fuelling my body and brain with glucose, without sugar rushes/crashes because of the natural fibre. Im getting in waaay more nutrition because of all the fruits and vegs, which heals my body and makes it work more efficiently

again, you have no idea what your TDEE and you do not weight your food, so you are clueless as to what you are consuming or what your TDEE is ...

But she's a nutritionist!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Yup! I dont watch my calories, but my guess would be around 2000, instead of the recommended 1200, and ive lost 30lbs.
    Basically, i eat as much as i feel like and listen to my body. Sometimes i crave only light veggies and fruit, and sometimes lots of starches.

Shhhh....if he explains it the magic disappears from the world

kind of like that moment when you found out santa claus was not real….

WHAT?

did you just have that moment?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

*Also, 1200 calories is not "recommended" across the board. This is the minimum that anyone should ever be eating. Most people should be eating more calories than that.

Sorry, my mistake. To lose weight, it is recommended for my to eat 1200. I eat anywhere between 2000-3000 depending on how i feel.
    To me, it just makes sense. Im fuelling my body and brain with glucose, without sugar rushes/crashes because of the natural fibre. Im getting in waaay more nutrition because of all the fruits and vegs, which heals my body and makes it work more efficiently

again, you have no idea what your TDEE and you do not weight your food, so you are clueless as to what you are consuming or what your TDEE is ...

yea, I saw that…

*sure*

so far I am up to page ten …this thread rocks...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

*facepalm*

if you are not tracking then you have no clue as to how much you are eating, or whether or not you are over maintenance…

news flash - you are not outside of the laws of math and physics….
    monorailcat.gif

^ lol
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Haven't read all of these posts, but from a calorie restriction, eating between 1600-1800 a day and developing a running habit, I have lost 40 pounds in 9 months. I've dropped three pant and bra sizes. I can run up to 6 miles.

I still want to lose another 15-20 pounds, but if you sure as hell think that calorie restriction is pointless, than you're discrediting hundreds of users on here. Obviously, we all need to find what works for all of us individually. But bud, you're gonna get a lot of hate on here. Sorry, not sorrry.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    1276852744_puppy-vs-bug.gif

Ahh so cute! I need to figure out how to make gifs of my dog doing stupid/cute things.

Take video with phone, then go here:

https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator

The free version is kind poor quality, but I made this one with it so you can see what it looks like:

1xbsk_zpsqqtb87ko.gif

Fecking sweet! I also saved the link for when this thread eventually gets nuked. A whole new way to annoy friends and relatives with images of my dog!
    I love your pugs :) mine's a pug/shar pei, but she has all the cuddly goofiness of a pug :)

If you already have them on youtube, this is larger: http://gifyoutube.com/new
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

yea, I saw that…

*sure*

so far I am up to page ten …this thread rocks...

MFP never disappoints...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    F2wTMomwfjI-cute-slow-loris-tickle-party--gifsu.com.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    1276852744_puppy-vs-bug.gif

Ahh so cute! I need to figure out how to make gifs of my dog doing stupid/cute things.

Take video with phone, then go here:

https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator

The free version is kind poor quality, but I made this one with it so you can see what it looks like:

1xbsk_zpsqqtb87ko.gif

Fecking sweet! I also saved the link for when this thread eventually gets nuked. A whole new way to annoy friends and relatives with images of my dog!
    I love your pugs :) mine's a pug/shar pei, but she has all the cuddly goofiness of a pug :)

If you already have them on youtube, this is larger: http://gifyoutube.com/new

Ooooh cool. Thanks :)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Honestly, I skimmed until I got to the inevitable: "Now, I'm not telling anyone what to do, but..."
    I don't want to tell anyone what to do, but I will tell you want I'm going to do. I will no longer fall for the propaganda that carbs make you fat.

Okay, I'm with you. Carbs don't make us fat! Yay!
    Calorie restriction has made me fat.

What? no.
    Fat has made me fat.

Really, no.
    For now I'm going to document my journey on a high carb, low fat, plant based diet in hopes of not only losing weight, but to forever get off of the roller coaster of crash dieting and binge eating and starvation and etc.

I honestly wish you luck finding the right journey for yourself. But I'm not with you on this one.
    From what I recall those higher carb diets are more likely to contribute to weight gain anyways, likely due to lowered satiety and thus eating more food. Pretty sure that my old fat-self diet was much higher carb and lower fat/protien than it is now haha.

So you're lower carb. But not low carb. By your standards.
    I eat 200+g of carbs. Compared to when I probably ate 400-500+g of carbs while gaining weight, yeah, I'm lower carb.

So I guess even low carbers are just IIFYM.

Yep. IIFYM works with pretty much any style of eating.

eta: I mean, except the kind where you don't count macros I guess. :laugh:

So it seems. So it's just calorie counting with some protein goal for most folks.

... iifym = meeting your macros = meeting your calorie goals.

With any given macro combination. You just said for you its protein and the rest. If youre getting enough protein.

Yes, because everyone has different fitness goals, personal preference, etc. IIFYM is simply a name for "eat foods you enjoy eating that help you meet your personal goals."

So including low carb. Why all the hate on low carb on here then. If they choose it as a preference and it meets their macros.
    Nvm. I've reached my Ana limit for the day. Enjoy your dinner.

and here comes sabine for the de-rail…!

not like this thread was ever on topic anyway ...
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Moderate calorie restriction took me from 136 pounds to 104 pounds. It has also kept me there for 2.5 years. I enjoy a wide variety of healthy foods and some occasional emotionally-healthy treats. I don't label food as bad or good and I am never hungry. I think I'll go with that.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Please somebody explain why people ca
    trixieloo wrote: »
    So how come when I ate a vegan diet for about 8 months, I never lost a single pound? Obviously it's not because I was eating too much of it. What did I do wrong?

Did you eat any processed vegan food? If youre cooking and not substituting animal products with things like soy, you shoulsnt have a problem

tumblr_m2yrc0Uyze1qf7853o1_250.gif

Lol just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me wrong. I dont understand why youre so keen on arguing with me as if its a world crisis. All the proof you need is in my transformation since starting thia lifestyle and the many others.
    Although i do keep coming back for more... So there must be something intriguing about arguing behind tje safety of your computer

You are claiming to defy the laws of physics. That would require some proof beyond your repeated assertions of "because I said so".

What laws of physics lady?? Calories in calories out?? Not all caloriea are the same, you should know that

yes, the are ..

calories are all measures of energy ..

so 100 calories of twinkies = 100 calories of magical vegetables...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    CRumsLk.gif

Seriously? I was gone for like, 2 hours. I have a lot of reading to do...
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    OP you have an unrealistic view of how much you should be eating, hence why you got to 200 lbs in the first place. You are eating too much to lose weight. Restricting your calories is how you lose weight. It is bad if you restrict your calories under 1200. Then it is a problem. You are complaining because losing weight is hard.. no *kitten*. And why even bother being on mfp if you don't believe in calorie restriction. Obviously your eating whatever you want, so why bother counting calories.

Thank you!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    CRumsLk.gif

Seriously? I was gone for like, 2 hours. I have a lot of reading to do...
    Not really...it's primarily cat gifs

• ndj1979
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Reading this and seeing 80-10-10....nobody remembers Ernie the cyclist with his bloodwork. . . .and quoting himself last year?!? Really? No one. . . .

bahahahaha..i remember ole ernie….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    She still hasn't posted her progress picsm an.

9754ff3281d2707dde130f25b24927bb326fb189be4901640cfca7b2f06ce6c8.jpg

I LOL'd for realz….
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    large.gif
This discussion has been closed.