Why?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing, you absolutely need to start weighing your food. Some people can get by with eyeballing, but most of us can't. Here's why:

• supah11
    supah11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing, you absolutely need to start weighing your food. Some people can get by with eyeballing, but most of us can't. Here's why:

Thank u for the vid! :)
  • supah11
    Options
    supah11 wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »
    OP, here is the most important question you still have not answered. Do you weigh all your solid foods and measure your liquids?

If not, you may be eating 10-50% more than you think you are.

I don't striclty weight them , more on estimating. But i think it's just my diet that's ruining it. Ill go on strict diet for now

thats your problem, as many have tried to tell you. you are almost certainly eating more than you think.

Thank u for the advice :) i'll be weighing my food from now on. Just need to get a food scale
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't striclty weight them , more on estimating. But i think it's just my diet that's ruining it. Ill go on strict diet for now

It takes some planning and commitment to accurately log everything, but here are a couple of ideas. You probably eat the same things on a regular basis, right? Take the time and enter those foods and recipes into MFP. That will make it so much easier to stick to the logging. I also found it helpful if you can prepare your food in advance (like a batch of grilled chicken for the whole week). Then when it's time to eat, you can just measure out what you need and heat it up. Hope that helps.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is just arithmetic. If your checking account doesn't balance, the explanation is almost certainly that you are inaccurate about the dollars going in or out. Same with weight loss.
  • supah11
    Options
    xtrain321 wrote: »

It takes some planning and commitment to accurately log everything, but here are a couple of ideas. You probably eat the same things on a regular basis, right? Take the time and enter those foods and recipes into MFP. That will make it so much easier to stick to the logging. I also found it helpful if you can prepare your food in advance (like a batch of grilled chicken for the whole week). Then when it's time to eat, you can just measure out what you need and heat it up. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip! :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are eating more than you think end of. Just because you exercise doesnt mean you are at deficit. No need to be strict, just be sensible and accurate in what you are logging.

Weigh your food.
  • deniztuzu2
    deniztuzu2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

This video is really an eye opener.
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What does "strict" mean to you? Estimating your calories is probably your biggest issue, assuming you are eating enough and getting a good balance of macros. You keep saying you're "watching" your diet, but that could mean anything. Plan and log your diet in advance for each day with estimated quantities, and then measure (scale for solids) to eat the amounts you planned. Estimating doesn't work. "Strict" doesn't mean anything. Be strict with your measuring and following the MFP guidelines and you will lose weight. But you're using washy-washy words and repeating yourself - and that means nothing will change until you're ready.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I bought a little jewellery scale off ebay for not much at all which I can just slip in my bag and is really accurate; I know I was amazed when I first started weighing things and realized just how off my estimations were! Good luck :)