Little Ceaser's New Deep Dish

Options

Replies

• peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Chain pizza is one of the truly bizarre things about America. You can go almost anywhere in this country and find a local pizza shop that A) has fresher ingredients, B:) will make almost any kind of specialty pizza you like, C) costs the same or is cheaper, and most importantly, D) tastes better.

How the chain pizza places continue to stay in business has always been a mystery to me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I haven't had chain pizza in....ages. Bleh. I'd rather have something from the Italian guys down the street, preferably with pancetta.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    Chain pizza is one of the truly bizarre things about America. You can go almost anywhere in this country and find a local pizza shop that A) has fresher ingredients, B:) will make almost any kind of specialty pizza you like, C) costs the same or is cheaper, and most importantly, D) tastes better.

How the chain pizza places continue to stay in business has always been a mystery to me.
    I'm pretty sure a cauliflower crust turkey pepperoni 'pizza' is better than little ceasers. Or even a cardboard box.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I haven't had chain pizza in....ages. Bleh. I'd rather have something from the Italian guys down the street, preferably with pancetta.

I have some of that aging in my basement right now.
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Athos282 wrote: »
    I don't think anybody really mistakes LC for quality pizza; they take it for quick and cheap pizza.

Quick and cheap doesn't mean I want to eat it. Just saying.

News in my area about this new bacon wrapped pizza says they are the most expensive pizza starting at $12.00. It gave me the impression that it was just with cheese for the $12.00 and if you want other toppings, the price will go up.
  • dbmata
    Options
    where do you live where $12 is the most expensive pizza in the region?
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    where do you live where $12 is the most expensive pizza in the region?

200_s.gif
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Saw the commercial last night for the first time now I do believe in love at first sight! B)
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    They're $5 pizzas I've had are kinda EH! But their deep dish I thought was actually good for a chain.
  • krystalrhillage
    krystalrhillage Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    NEED. Don't care if it's LC or not. Last time I had LC it was not that bad. I agree with the pizza is like sex comment. Bad pizza is still pizza, which equals life. Also, the new Pizza Hut pizzas are not bad! I got the light Italian with balsamic drizzle and oh my.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I don't think LC is really all that bad. Of all the chain pizzas I've had, I'd put them probably at the top - definitely above Domino's (both older and newer) and Pizza Hut.

But nothing compares to Two Wives Pizza in New London (not a chain). Not only is their pizza great, they have the best carrot cake I've ever had.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    thumb.png
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
  • dbmata
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    I'd get on that.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Yum!!!
  • jlaw_1992
    jlaw_1992 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That would go great with the maple bacon vodka we have in the cupboard.

I need this in my life. Right now.

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I don't think anybody really mistakes LC for quality pizza; they take it for quick and cheap pizza.

Quick and cheap doesn't mean I want to eat it. Just saying.

lol...I hear you...I usually don't want to eat it either. It's just the bacon that's making me drool a little in all honesty. I could go with or without the pizza.

I LOVE pizza. That looks rather overwhelming and not very pizza like to me.

Oh, and I love bacon.

yeah, more like a casserole. Where's Jon Stewart when you need him?