Best way to burn 1,000 before bed?

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I promise you you are not burning 1000 calories riding a stationary bike.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You're too aggressive with your weight loss. This usually results in burning yourself and giving up. Take it slow, be patient and make a lifestyle change for good.

I think I'm doing pretty well, actually. I was just looking for something to do other than going on the bike. I'm not tired, not starving, so yea, I'd like to go exercise for awhile.

You feel good today. You are about 5days in. She's talking about long term.

Um, I ate plenty today thanks though.

I don't think I said anything about how much you ate.

Good luck on your journey.
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Some threads I think you should read OP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

I understand the desire to lose all the weight as fast as possible. However, the weight didn't go on overnight and it's going to take time to get it off.
    Also, consider the fact that losing weight fast can result in larger amounts of loose skin than if you lose weight at a slower pace (or so I've heard).
    I'm not trying to be mean or attack you, but unless you're under supervision of a doctor what you're doing is very unhealthy. Not to mention you could be setting yourself up for binges, giving up, malnutrition and possible an ED (exercise bulimia comes to mind).

I appreciate your concern, and I have a loose goal of 1,000 cal. My 1,000 cal goal is if I sit on my booty and do nothing all day. If I get hungry after my exercise, I'll eat something healthy. Its as simple as that. I just asked for excise ideas aside from riding my bicycle. Thanks
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    You're too aggressive with your weight loss. This usually results in burning yourself and giving up. Take it slow, be patient and make a lifestyle change for good.

I think I'm doing pretty well, actually. I was just looking for something to do other than going on the bike. I'm not tired, not starving, so yea, I'd like to go exercise for awhile.

Instead of being stubborn and thinking you know it all, I suggest listening to people who have been here a long time and have been successful. You are consistently eating less than 1200 calories a day. The body needs a minimum of 1200 calories daily in order to ensure proper nutrition. If you continue to eat the way you are, you will run into problems down the road. You aren't invincible.
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    3 hours of intense, challenging exercise, without rest.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here:
    Problems with extremely low calorie intake (most of this stuff doesn't happen right away, but later down the road...its kind of like how some smokers end up with emphysema or lung cancer and some don't):

- Malnutrition

"Inadequate caloric intake can lead to malnutrition over time. According to MedlinePlus, malnutrition occurs when the diet does not allow the intake of a sufficient amount of nutrients. A diet with extremely low calories does not allow for adequate consumption of the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants the body needs to perform its daily life processes. Vitamin deficiencies can lead to various problems, including fatigue, impaired wound healing and extreme weight loss." *1*

- Slower Metabolism (takes a while, but does happen)

"Metabolism is the rate at which the body burns fuel for energy. The basal metabolic rate is the minimum number of calories necessary to perform daily basic functions such as breathing, growth, cellular repair and digestion, according to MayoClinic.com. When calories are restricted over a long period of time, the body will compensate by holding on to the few calories that are consumed. Instead of burning calories freely, the body will perform basic life processes more slowly to conserve fuel. This can actually lead to weight gain." *1*

- Physical Changes

"A decrease in caloric intake may cause positive physical changes at first, especially in individuals with extra weight to lose. However, an extreme decrease in caloric intake can cause negative physical changes over time. Once individuals lose excess weight, calorie restriction can cause various physical problems. The Calorie Restriction Society indicates that decreasing daily calories too much can lead to reduced bone mass, fatigue, sensitivity to cold temperatures and food obsession due to extreme hunger. The CRS recommends gradual calorie reduction over a period of at least six months to avoid some of the side effects of low caloric intake." *1*

-Side Effects:

"Let’s look at some of the uncomfortable side effects of very low calorie diets:

Dry mouth
    Headache
    Dizziness
    Fatigue and weakness
    Cold intolerance
    Dry skin and nails
    Menstrual irregularities in women
    Hair loss
    Constipation/diarrhoea
    Irritability and confusion
    Inability to concentrate
    Muscle breakdown
    Problems with nerve and muscle function due to an imbalance in minerals and electrolytes
    Conditions such as osteoporosis, anaemia, gout, gallstones, clinical depression, heart problems, renal failure, and liver disease" *2*

References:
    *1*
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/277053-what-are-the-dangers-of-low-caloric-intake/
    *2*
    http://www.dietriffic.com/2009/05/14/very-low-calorie-diet/
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I don't think I said anything about how much you ate.

Good luck on your journey.

Sorry, a couple people did. Its very frustrating.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

With her intake there is no way she'd be able to do that..intense or otherwise.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    edited February 2015
    Options

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

I understand the desire to lose all the weight as fast as possible. However, the weight didn't go on overnight and it's going to take time to get it off.
    Also, consider the fact that losing weight fast can result in larger amounts of loose skin than if you lose weight at a slower pace (or so I've heard).
    I'm not trying to be mean or attack you, but unless you're under supervision of a doctor what you're doing is very unhealthy. Not to mention you could be setting yourself up for binges, giving up, malnutrition and possible an ED (exercise bulimia comes to mind).

I appreciate your concern, and I have a loose goal of 1,000 cal. My 1,000 cal goal is if I sit on my booty and do nothing all day. If I get hungry after my exercise, I'll eat something healthy. Its as simple as that. I just asked for excise ideas aside from riding my bicycle. Thanks

Who told you to eat 1000 calories a day? Was it a medical doctor? If not, you should NOT be eating so few calories. The only time you should be eating less than 1200 calories is when under the supervision of an MD (and even then, most won't recommend it).
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Who told you to eat 1000 calories a day? Was it a medical doctor? If not, you should NOT be eating so few calories. The only time you should be eating less than 1200 calories is when under the supervision of an MD.

Eh, at this point enough has been said for the lurkers. She's going to do what she wants so that's that.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

No you didn't eat enough. Trying to burn off everything you eat is unhealthy. You can argue against science and common sense, your you can listen and learn. The choice is yours.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

I know you asked for exercise ideas, but it wouldn't be right of us to sit back and not make you aware of the potential harm eating this way could could do. Just trying to be helpful.
  • minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    tumblr_miw6byKOmr1rfaqfjo1_500.gif

That looks like a good way of burning 1000 before bed, my opinion. Lol
  • Feelgood97
    Feelgood97 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    1000 jumping jacks :D
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

While that may be true, it would be wrong for me not to point out that what your trying to do is dangerous. I wouldn't feel right if I just let someone do something harmful to themselves without trying to warn them of the harm.

9055.gif
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Go for a run :)
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

With her intake there is no way she'd be able to do that..intense or otherwise.

Probably not. It's very likely that only two groups of people burn 1000 calories in a workout:
    > athletes.
    > people who use equipment that way over-estimates expenditure.

OP should set more attainable goals and stick to them long term.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Most of your profile is closed, but judging by the amount of weight you have left to lose, and to lose 1-2 lbs per week, you are eating far too few calories per day. Did you read any of the links we gave you?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    troll?

Nah. Just new and doesn't know better yet. Hopefully she'll listen to some of the good info she's been given in this thread