Best way to burn 1,000 before bed?

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I find it frustrating when people try to keep me from doing harm to myself too, OP.
  • minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine just logged 936 calories burned. Doing 120 mins of cardio. She's crazy fit. Your goal can be met. It will take a lot of work and dedication.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Some threads I think you should read OP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

I understand the desire to lose all the weight as fast as possible. However, the weight didn't go on overnight and it's going to take time to get it off.
    Also, consider the fact that losing weight fast can result in larger amounts of loose skin than if you lose weight at a slower pace (or so I've heard).
    I'm not trying to be mean or attack you, but unless you're under supervision of a doctor what you're doing is very unhealthy. Not to mention you could be setting yourself up for binges, giving up, malnutrition and possible an ED (exercise bulimia comes to mind).

I appreciate your concern, and I have a loose goal of 1,000 cal. My 1,000 cal goal is if I sit on my booty and do nothing all day. If I get hungry after my exercise, I'll eat something healthy. Its as simple as that. I just asked for excise ideas aside from riding my bicycle. Thanks

The part you aren't understanding is that if you've only eaten 1000 calories today, you don't need any 1000 calorie exercise ideas. Not at all
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    minionman wrote: »
    A friend of mine just logged 936 calories burned. Doing 120 mins of cardio. She's crazy fit. Your goal can be met. It will take a lot of work and dedication.

Thanks. I am thinking of investing in a step to do more cardio. Will be doing some jumping jacks too. Maybe I will have a snack when I'm done, if I am hungry :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    OP ... you obviously don't understand the basics of creating a healthy deficit. When you want to listen to logic, reason, and common sense ... it is in this thread already. Your attempts to burn of as much, if not more, than you eat are foolish acts.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Um, why?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Um, why?

Ignorance of and resistance to healthy weightloss.
  • minionman
    Options

Thanks. I am thinking of investing in a step to do more cardio. Will be doing some jumping jacks too. Maybe I will have a snack when I'm done, if I am hungry :)

Good for you, but just keep in mind, that's a lot of exercise. I can't even do that and she's a seasoned veteran with this stuff. Just make sure you stay hydrated and eat well. What your going to try to accomplish could be dangerous, so maybe take it slow and build your body up to it. Wish you the best.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Good for you, but just keep in mind, that's a lot of exercise. I can't even do that and she's a seasoned veteran with this stuff. Just make sure you stay hydrated and eat well. What your going to try to accomplish could be dangerous, so maybe take it slow and build your body up to it. Wish you the best.

Why are you agreeing that what she is trying to accomplish could be dangerous, and then giving her advice on how to do it?
  • minionman
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Why are you agreeing that what she is trying to accomplish could be dangerous, and then giving her advice on how to do it?

Because no matter what you say does it matter? She's setting a goal, the only thing you can do is give her some guidance, I did warn her that it is dangerous and for her to start slow. That's the best I can offer, people will do what they want, and by beating her down, making her feel inferior won't solve the issue, but maybe alittle encouragement and some education will. Do you really feel you make a difference on here? Or do you just join the masses to bash people down?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Because no matter what you say does it matter? She's setting a goal, the only thing you can do is give her some guidance, I did warn her that it is dangerous and for her to start slow. That's the best I can offer, people will do what they want, and by beating her down, making her feel inferior won't solve the issue, but maybe alittle encouragement and some education will. Do you really feel you make a difference on here? Or do you just join the masses to bash people down?

You're telling a person that ate about 1000 calories that it is o.k. for them to burn 1000 calories tonight as long as they go slow. You may as well tell a person that it is o.k. to hit yourself in the head with a hammer as long as they ensure a proper grip when starting the swing.
  • theresaneal77
    Options

Thank you! Its a good goal for days when I work. I'm logging everything I do accuratly and finding ways to improve. Tell your friend congratulations on her success!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Do you make a difference? The only thing I've seen you do is give bad advice, bad jokes, and say inappropriate things to women.
  • minionman
    Options

Thank you! Its a good goal for days when I work. I'm logging everything I do accuratly and finding ways to improve. Tell your friend congratulations on her success!

Believe me, her success comes from years of hardwork and dedication, proper diet is also key. Can I just ask, why are you eating so low? I fu$&en love food. And to get where she is, some meals she packs about 1500 a meal. I'm not bashing you, just wanna know? I'm here to help.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Do you make a difference? The only thing I've seen you do is give bad advice, bad jokes, and say inappropriate things to women.

Now he can add helping people to fail or/and harm themselves to the list.
  • minionman
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Now he can add helping people to fail or/and harm themselves to the list.

Looks like I have some groupies!
  • theresaneal77
    Options

Believe me, her success comes from years of hardwork and dedication, proper diet is also key. Can I just ask, why are you eating so low? I fu$&en love food. And to get where she is, some meals she packs about 1500 a meal. I'm not bashing you, just wanna know? I'm here to help.

Its a "kickstart" thing. I plan on losing about 4 pounds a week between now and April, then slowly upping my calories after learning to make the most of the food. After April, I plan on losing 2 pounds a week until I get close to my target weight and then maintaining it. Part of the low cal goal is because I can eat a whole plate of food that's 300 cal and feel full. I am learning so many low cal recipes and if I go over a bit, I'm still good because I'm still under 1,600. If I'm hungry, I eat. Sounds odd, but it works for me.
  • minionman
    Options

Don't be sexist now, I also say inappropriate things to men.
  • theresaneal77
    Options
    I figure as long as I don't feel sick, don't feel exhausted, and am eating a balanced diet, I'm good. I can add calories later.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    OP, losing 4 pounds a week means you will have a calorie deficit of 14,000 calories (or 2000 calories per day). You'd pretty much either have to eat NOTHING or exercise intensely for 4+ hours a day (or some combination thereof) in order to accomplish this. It's normal to see large losses in the beginning (most of which is water weight) but 4lbs a weeks isn't sustainable unless you are like 500lbs or more.

Just an observation, but it really seems as though you aren't listening to anything that is being said to you. That being said, I'm sleepy and going to sleep now...