Bought a new "HOT" dress as motivation.....is that strange?

Options
13»

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have one too. And (this part is probablt what IS weird) I have it pinned up on my wall so I have to look at it every single day and think DAMN I want to wear that!

myreddress_zpsafdd1673.png

Said dress
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    All the time. This is what keeps me going. When I feel i need new clothes, I will always try on clothes on my current size, and if it looks good - ill buy it a size or 2 smaller. :)
  • wendydl
    wendydl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have dresses in my wardrobe that I bought when I was slimmer last year , but winter came and the pounds piled on ,so to keep myself motivated now I just grab my white linen trousers size 14 out of the wardrobe and try them on each week in the hope that they become as loose and look as nice that they did last year on holiday ,AND THEY WILL !! in two weeks I can now do them completely up , but I want to sit down in them ..........lol
  • Mdcgc
    Mdcgc Posts: 28
    Options
    I ve done it and it is awsome when you actualy get to wear it!!! Its a great motivator! Good luck!!
  • ashleymm625
    Options
    Ok......So, I bought a new, hot little dress as motivation....is that a strange thing to do? It is a size medium, and there is NO way way that I can even think about getting into it at the moment. But, I am hoping that it will fit by the end of February!

Does anyone else do little motivation tricks like this?

-Dee

i do this all the time, lol
  • ashleymm625
    Options
    All the time. This is what keeps me going. When I feel i need new clothes, I will always try on clothes on my current size, and if it looks good - ill buy it a size or 2 smaller. :)

ditto!!!!
  • Mdcgc
    Mdcgc Posts: 28
    Options
    Exactly!! If you have your "fat clothe" you can just put it out of the closet and ready!! I had some of the clothe I didnt want to lose fix, the other went away!
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yeah.....I'll be honest, I bought a swim suit too (for next summer). :) Oh, and to keep myself honest, as I shrink, I am tossing (donating) all of my larger clothes. That way there is NO going back!
    I just did the EXACT same thing recently, I donated nearly all my big clothes except one pair of jeans to eventually do a Before/ After picture.
    I have gone from XL & a tight US 14 to Medium/ Large & US 10 depending on the brand. I actually don't have as many clothes now though because I gave a lot of my small ones away when I was big do to being depressed and such. Yay thrifting :)
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I bought a few dresses in increasingly small sizes for cheap at a secondhand sale. It's good motivation for me to keep working to fit into them.
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have picked favorites on PinupGirlClothing.com and ModCloth that I hope to still be in stock when I hit my next milestone. If I find something I absolutely can't live without, I MIGHT buy it as motivation instead of as a reward, but for the time being, I'm saving my dollars and just making a wish list. Whatever motivates you and works is what you should be doing!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I did this the last time I lost weight and it worked very well. I even used the names of the clothing as a mantra when I would get a craving for something that would derail my progress toward my goal. I would chant in my head things like "snap leg jeans, snap leg jeans" or "vinyl skirt, vinyl skirt" and pretty soon I was fitting into those items that were waiting in my closet!

As long as it doesn't set you back financially, I think it's a great idea. In fact, I just thought of a new clothing goal...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Well, glad no one called me out for buying a dress.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Well, glad no one called me out for buying a dress.

It was old news. :laugh: